“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Springfield B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Our first room had roach droppings, a spider and yellow water!! Switched rooms to find a certain terrible odor. We were itching all night from the bed sheets. Drugged out crack ladies roamed the hallways. The trashy neighbors kept us awake until 6 am. Constant drug deals coming in and out of the parking lot. Don't ever stay here under any circumstance.

• Stayed May 2014
Battlefield I, Owner at Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am sorry to here about your bad experience at our establishment. We are pleased to inform you that we are under new management.

Solo
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It was quiet all night and the staff always was ready to help me. I had set an alarm clock and I was woken up the correct time. I just read all the other reviews, but I did not have any of those problems. I found no bedbugs in my bed and found no bites. The hotel room seemed like a simple nice room. It provided a king bed, tables, chairs, cable TV, and a bathroom. The towels, room, and carpet is clean. The breakfast was donuts and coffee. They also had cereal and milk, but I sticked to my coffee.

I would stay here again. The price was average; approx. $50 for one night.
I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for simple clean room. I always felt safe while I stayed in the motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to motel, which from the outside look ok. The prize for a room was 59 usd, we got told from a 11-12 year old boy. Filled out the paper and got the key.. Went down to the room.. Which was a terrible experience... It smelled like mold, the bathroom was dirty, the room was cramped. We went back to the reception complaining... They wouldn't give us our money back, but offered us another room. New key and down to look at that... NO DIFFERENCE!!!
They still wouldn't give us our money back.. We hadn't been there no longer than 10 minutes.. We ended up with half our money back after and a lesson learned... Check the room in cheap motels!!! Will never stay there!! And wouldn't recommend it to nobody, not even my worst enemy!

• Stayed July 2012
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed at the Inn for an extended stay and in the explanation of it we were told that there would be high speed internet and doughnuts for breakfast with cereal. During our extended stay there were doughnuts maybe 2 out of 7 days and corn flakes for cereal. Maybe they cater directly to the diabetic but who in their right minds crave plain corn flakes? The internet was not reliable which we needed for our business contracts. Communication with management was frustrating and almost impossible. When it was necessary to communicate a 10 year old boy was called to answer my complaint. Room maintenence was incompetent. Our sheets were changed once out of 7 days. There were bugs. Especially spiders in the room and luckily the cockroaches stayed outside. The room smelled like mold and a smokers paradise. Even the refrigerator reeked of smoke. The carpet was sticky from the humidity and mold. Absolutely awful beds. Each bed in our room had a cave in the mattress causing us to wake up with back ache. Dont stay here. There's a new Days inn on Glennstone that is a about $15 more but definitely worth it for a better experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Lebanon, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Our room smelled so bad when we left we smelled like the room!! The carpets was very dirty, the sheets on the bed had lots of holes, the shower curtain had brown gross stains, the bathroom door would not close, no blow dryer, no alarm clock and the pillows was so thin we had to use 3 each to sleep! I will never stay here again! Very yucky hotel!! Not worth the money!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011 via mobile

First let me began by sayin dat the pictures they hav on the internet are not in no way what the actual room looks. The bedwas sinkin so was the flooors the rooms smelled of mold an mildew there were open sockets with wires hangin out the channels were very limited. an the the family dat runs or own da hotel were rude and un concerning this hotels is very rundown an shabby an not fit for anyone to stay in so please take. Da time to read all the reviews on dis place

• Stayed March 2011
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

The Battlefield Inn is a great value for the budget-conscious traveler. The hotel had everything we needed: adequate room, comfortable bed, quiet at night, free continental breakfast, and convenient location. The family that runs the hotel was pleasant and very helpful. We left a bag in our room and they called us to come back and get it even before we had left the city. The TV channel offerings were limited and there was no iron or ironing board in the room, but those were minor disappointments. In general, the hotel greatly exceeded our expectations, given the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Battlefield Inn? Share your experiences!