“Going down hill” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Clinton, Illinois
“Going down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed here about 10 nights over the last year and it has steadily gone down hill. Rooms are not cleaned very well, no TV remote in room. When I sent in the card stating problems I never heard from them. The 1st card I had in the room and the housekeeping staff took it so I filled another out and mailed it from home.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke request a room in the nonsmoking wing as the whole hallway where I stayed smelle...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jerry T, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I hope you can accept my apologies for any inconveniences you experienced. Our ultimate goal is to provide our guests with a comfortable and delightful stay. If there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me at the hotel. We hope that when you are in town again you will decide to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have attended the Bear Bash Handball tournament for years in Springfield, MO. I always stayed at the Lamplighter South. I missed a couple of years. In the past the Hotel had started to be run down and I was skeptical but I reserved my room anyway out of tradition and was pleasantly surprised. The new management had started to make up grades and the staff was phenomanal. From reservation, check in to check out first class treatement.

Clean and reasonable where people treat you right, can't beat it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jerry T, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Returning Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. As the General Manager I am highly pleased with the feedback that you have given to my staff and I. We are undergoing many wonderful changes here to the hotel: forturnately, the staff is not one of them. Again we look forward to
your business in the near future.
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our dad had to be hospitalized at Mery hospital in Springfield Mo. The hospital recommended Lamplighter hotel to my sister & I. They gave us a discount since we were there due to our dad being sick. We got a clean two queen beds, micro & frig. hot breakfast for $49.00. Very nice staff, they went out of their way to make us comfortable. If we have to do this again we will go back to the Lamplighter. I highly recommend the place. It's about a mile from the hospital

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tiffiany C, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response about your stay! We are very sorry to hear that your dad was in the hospital hope he is doing better. We are over joyed that we were able to accommodate you in your time of need. We hope to see you again but under much better circumstances.
Saint Joseph, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is terrible. Cheap rates for a reason. If you're decent enough to read reviews on hotels, then this hotel isn't for you. Strip club shares the parking lot and open 6 nights a week. Both nights we stayed here had crazy people running the hallways at 3am. Couldn't take it and checked out!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
travelfam61873-
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I hope you can accept my apologies for any inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide our guests a pleasant stay. Unfortunately, we do have neighboring businesses which we are unable to regulate. We are currently remodeling our rooms in the hotel and hope that the next time you are in town you will consider us again.
Detroit MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My room smelled of mildew. Having a restaurant with a bar in the hotel was nice but nothing special. It was clean, minus the odor and it had a passable breakfast but don't expect much. The staff was pleasant. This is about what I expect for the price I paid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tiffiany C, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay! We are very sorry that the room smelled like mildew. We are in the process of updating all of our rooms. We hope the next time that you are in town you will give us another chance and come in stay in one of our new rooms! If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me at the hotel! Have a great day! Hope to see you again soon!
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a nice time at this hotel. We had a suite with jet garden tub. The gym area is out in the open for all to see but only the treadmill really works. The free breakfast was good and clean area to eat in. The employees were very nice and helpful with all our needs. This is an older hotel and at some point there was smoking allowed but I dont think it smelled. Great price, Great people and met our needs :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiffiany C, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your previous stay at our hotel. I am over joyed to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel and enjoyed the king garden suite. I have taken note of the workout facility and will be making the needed changes. I will also share your kind words with my staff. We look forward to having you visit us again.
Kearns, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The NON-SMOKING room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. But worst of all we saw a ROACH!!! BEWARE! If you go in you stay you will not be going home alone! I was unable to complete my stay. It is right next door to a strip bar (some may think this is okay but I didn't). It did look like they did try to pretty up the place, and the service was pretty good, not great but, pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Julie-
I am terribly sorry to hear about your stay at our hotel. We have taken all of your comments seriously to improve our hotel and the training of our employees. Since reading your comments we have gone through and inspected the entire hotel and have not found any evidence of roaches. However we went ahead and took the precautions and sprayed the entire hotel. We would love for a second chance to show how our hotel is supposed to be. We are undergoing renovations of the rooms and would love for you to stay in one of them. For any questions please feel free to call the hotel. We hope to see you again.

Been to Lamplighter Inn & Suites South? Share your experiences!