“This is a 6-rating Hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Lamplighter Inn & Suites South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1772 S. Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65804   |
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, Missouri, USA
“This is a 6-rating Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The whole entire staff has taken care of all my needs at the hotel. They bend over backwards to make sure all my needs are taken care of. The front desk staff, especially Nancy, and Jesse, are friendly and make me feel at home. The night security, drives around and checks every 30 minutes to make sure everything is safe. The breakfast is great and Kelly is great at making sure it is fully stocked and fresh. The on-site restraurant Ziggies is open 24-hours and is really good. They also provide excellence room-service. I really love my beautiful King Garden Suite. It is convienently located next to clubs, for a good time. They accept trucker's commchecks, which helps out a great deal. They have a beautiful outside pool, but I wish it was a little bit warmer to be able to enjoy it! The grounds of the Hotel, are nice and clean.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a variety of rooms and they are all nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank-you for your glowing comments Michael! Excellent guest service is certainly our goal for each and every guest. We are all delighted that you choose to share your experiences with other travelers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

Staff was awesome. we got in late and they were very nice as to us. Helped us around town as to where the hot spots were. We will be staying here anytime we are in town

• Stayed August 2011
We are very glad to read that you had such a great experience staying with us at the Lamplighter and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed just one night passing thru town. Very clean room, great customer service and even a hot breakfast the next morning. Very reasonably priced too and we did not even have AAA or AARP. Will stay again if we ever come thru Springfield again. Its even close to the big Bass Pro store for those interested in shopping there.

• Stayed January 2012
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
I am so pleased that you decided to stay with us during your visit through Springfield. Our staff works diligently on ensuring the satisfaction of each and every guest that walks through our door. I'll be sure to pass on your positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

My family stayed at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites South when we were making a stop in Springfield, MO. We were very pleased with the level of customer service given to us by the female Manager. We had a mutiple questions about the city and she answered every one of them profesionally and also gave us advice on things to do. The breakast was good and the rooms were clean. Our most important requirements when staying away from home. We will definitely stay at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites South when passing back thru Springfield.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Thank-you for your comments, I am glad to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy all there is to do in Springfield. We value your feedbak and are happy to be your new home away from home!!
tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at your hotel while visiting friends in Springfield October 28 - 29. The room was very clean and your front desk staff was very polite and very helpful.

We are quite particular with hotels and was most pleased with yours. It was a great bargain for the price, and we will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Just give your preferences to the front desk as I am sure they will try hard to accomodate you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and even happier that you will be sure to return!!
Oz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My stay at the Lamplighter Inn South on October 15, 2011 was nothing but a positive experience! It began early when I made reservations and had the pleasure of interacting with Reservations Specialist JESSE who was professional, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and efficient in getting me set up for my "night out" in Springfield. While I'm certain anyone you contact at the facility will be just as friendly, I know that I'll be requesting to speak with JESSE each time I contact the Lamplighter as I do plan future stays.

Manager SHANIN greeted me upon my arrival and was assisted by NANCY. Sure enough, there was name in the reservation system, just as JESSE had promised. Nancy and Shanin got me checked in and off to my room I went (non-smoking). SHARON was the housekeeper for that room and had prepared it quite well for me. It was spotless. The room was equipped with a king bed; mini-fridge; micro-wave; cable color television; desk and chair; phone; interent connection (hard wire, no less!);occupant controlled a/c and heat; and, get this: An electric massage chair! Correct. One of those types of chairs you can sit in, "turn it on", and work out some of those long drive kinks. Although the chair isn't the newest style, it certainly was a surprise. The bathroom seemed large to me, plenty of space and spotlessly clean towells. Same with the bedding: Spotless.

This Lamplighter (there are two in Springfield) is surronded by all manner of commerce a traveler could want: Restaurants of all sorts; grocery stores; shops of all manner. It seemed very centrally located to me and in a very family friendly sector of the community.

Let me add that the swimming pool (which I didn't have time to use but hope to in the future) was filled with crystal clear water and there was NO trace of chlorine aroma that many times hits you when you stay at a place with a pool. There was a slide for the kids and what appeared to be even a lift for the disabled to get in and out of the pool.

After a good night's sleep on the very comfortable bed, the included breakfast the next morning is in a very spacious and light filled room and had a more than adequate breakfast which is heads and shoulders above the stuff you get at most places: Eggs, sausage patties; biscuits; gravy; fruits of all sorts; juices; milk; coffee; hot water for tea; cereals; Danish; bagels; etc., etc., etc.

Great place; great service; great staff interactions. You won't regret checking in one bit.

Room Tip: Simply ask the front desk!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
I would like to thank-you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We are all delighted to recive such accolades, it is the greatest reward for our efforts! I will be sure to share your compliments with all of the members of the staff that made your stay a memorable one.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

the service here is great the emplyees are wonderful my children got the rest that they needed and had plenty of room to play the hot breakfast was an added plus so if your looking for a great place to rest relax and enjoy great atmosphere friendly staff come here you wont regret it youll be making a wise choice

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank-you for sharing your experience with other travelers!

Been to Lamplighter Inn & Suites South? Share your experiences!