“Nice stay with friendly and knoledgable staff. Would stay...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Smithville Lake to your Saves list
Super 8 Smithville Lake
112 Cuttings Drive, Hwy 169 N of Hwy 92, Smithville, MO 64089-0342   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Smithville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Yes, check in was easy, room was clean, heat and air worked great and quietly but the walls must be made out of cardboard. I could hear phone conversations of the people on both sides of me, I could hear the person snoring in the room above me and I'm pretty sure if someone used the bathroom on any floor everyone in the building could hear it. I travel a lot and I have never seen walls this thin. If you don't mind the noise then it is a good place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the top floor with a room at the end of the building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
kamil786, Manager at Super 8 Smithville Lake, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Sorry that you had less then a perfect stay with us. We are improving every day and would like you to ave a wounderful stay when you come next time. Thank You
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The price was great, room was EXTREMELY clean and comfortable. New TV, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Check in/check out was fast. Non-smoking room and it did not smell at all like smoke.We stay in a lot of pet friendly hotels. At this price point, they are not usually as clean as this one was. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
kamil786, Manager at Super 8 Smithville Lake, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for making our day. Our hard work pays off well with every satisfied customer. We are improving our establishment and had just replaced all the beds with brand new Serta Regal Mattress to make it more comfortable for our guests. Please stay with us again.
Chesterfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

For the price I thought the experience was just OK. At check-in the desk manager promised to put a detailed receipt under my door. He did not. There was a stale smell to the facility, kind of musty, just not pleasant. Lamp in room had no bulb. TV was very old fashioned and not that great, Front doors were heavy and not easy to pull/push. Kind of challenging when walking in with several pieces of luggage. No trash can in front of building. Morning "brekfast" was minimal. No bowls for cereal, had to ask for cream for coffee, waffles (which I am not interested in), some oranges and yogurt and a couple of packaged danish. Pretty lame compared to other economy hotels. Staff was nice enough but just not that sharp.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

kamil786, Manager at Super 8 Smithville Lake, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I am sorry that your stay was not perfect. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms and breakfast. Every mornig we have Frest Fruit, Cerial, Milk, Orange and Ap[ple Juice, Coffee, Toste, Super 8 Signature Cinnamon Bunn and Verity of Yougart as our Super 8 Breakfast lineup. We have also included Hard Boiled Eggs to our breakfast to make it better.
I hope you will come and stay with us again and we will try to make your stay a perfect one.
Thanks
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The approach- Nice looking building with plenty of parking close to the main entrance. Upon entering, we were not greeted by anyone (middle of the afternoon). It appeared that the person who was supposed to be at the front desk was busy with something else. Very excusable, considering the work of one employee taking on more duties than just sitting behind a desk at this hotel.
The check-in- Everything went smooth with checking in, and the young man was very polite. The prices of rooms are competitive with others in neighboring cities. Although this hotel is not right on an Interstate or major trafficway of any kind. This hotel sits in the middle of a small town.
Welcome to the room- The rooms (and hallways) are poorly painted, poorly carpeted, and feature flat and almost warped mattresses. The explanation for the carpet is that under the carpet, as you walk to you your room, there are choppy bulges. The pad underneath has buckled up in so many places, I felt I was walking on a washboard. It's an odd feeling, and a very cheap feeling at that. Not something you can dismiss very easily as you make the approach to where you are expected to sleep. And as stated, the mattress.. kind of a warped mess. Flat in areas, and high sides on the seams. Our particular mattress had seen it's day. I didn't specifically look for cigarette holes in the comforter, but my wife felt one rub on her arm. So we went on the hunt for more burns. Our comforter had only one on cigarette burn, but this is unacceptable. Especially in a non-smoking room. The furniture, and hardware throughout this room was obviously very dated and in our opinion, had seen pretty regular abuse without further attention from management. After finding dead, dried bugs and animal hair near where the comforter meets the floor, we decided to close our eyes and think happy thoughts. ( I still hope that was only animal hair!)
The morning after- Our wake up call never happened. We did however, wake up to stomping up and down the stairs and hall from kids. I went out to the common area for breakfast and was very pleased. Excellent coffee, boiled eggs, oatmeal, etc.. Just what we needed :)
The overall- After some talking with other guests, this establishment rents rooms on a monthly basis for around $17 a day. No credit check, no deposit... just cash or card, and you're in. The kind of people you attract to live in your small town establishment, just north of downtown Kansas City, with the sales pitch of "no deposit, no credit check, and cheap" is definitely what is keeping this place full of ex cons, welfare moms, people loaded with gang tattoos, DRUGS, and a few good picks just out of place people. It looked like an auto service center as we circled the hotel the next day. People working on cars and throwing what looks like years of old parts in a pile on the north side of this hotel.
Summary- Someone should turn this hotel either into small efficiency apartments, or be a hotel. Not both. This hotel is was no frills, at times gross, and loaded with questionable people. I would not stay here again. And I'm sorry to have to say it, because I've never had to write a bad review yet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kamil786, Manager at Super 8 Smithville Lake, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks for leaving a review. I do apologize for the problems you have encountered during your stay. We are in the process of replacing all the beds and bedding in your motel. Also would like to mention that our extended stay program is not available to “EVERY ONE”. Most of the rooms are taken by Ford, GM and Airport Security contractors. A guest must prove that he has a job and I try to personally interview them before they get a room.
We only own 1/3 of the graveled area in the back of our building. Rest is owned by an individual who has car and lawn business. We have filed a complaint with the city and are working on it to get him removed the trash from his property.
If you are in town please stay with us again.

Been to Super 8 Smithville Lake? Share your experiences!