“Southern Hospitality & Country Cooking” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Seymour
Cuisines: American
Southwest Missouri
“Southern Hospitality & Country Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were treated like royalty! Great food, large portion sizes and priced for the budget minded. Will definitely eat there again. AND the coconut cookies are to die for!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great place for great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was just passing by. Very tired and getting hungry, when I saw this sign for "Uncle Rooster's". Looked like a pretty good place to stop and I was so ready I thought I could grab a quick sandwich and be on my way. When I walked thru the door I was greeted with a very warm and inviting smile. It just made me want to relax and sit for a spell. I ask the waitress what was the best thing on the menu that I was starving. She told the their specialty was fried chicken but it takes about 20 minutes or so because they don't cook it ahead. It's made when you order. After eating some of the very best fried chicken and homemade dessert and chatting with the waitress, I felt like a part of the local crowd. This is definitely on my list of places to stop every time I am passing thru Seymour. Thanks for great food and warm hospitality.

“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great service and food. Friendly country setting. Very clean and inviting. Would definitely eat here again. Only negative is that it doesn't serve breakfast.

Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Roosters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have eaten there for years. Even before they moved to their new location.
The French Onion soup is simple delicious and his roast beef is out of this world.
Great food, great prices. You gotta try it.....

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Butler, Missouri
“Awesome taste of Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in and found this "taste of Chicago" in the Italian Beef and the Vienna Beef -- very pleased and will most certainly return to this gem of a restaurant!

• Visited August 2013