“Don't stay at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Sedalia, MO

Motel 6 Sedalia, MO
You added Motel 6 Sedalia, MO to your Saves list
Motel 6 Sedalia, MO
3402 West Broadway Blvd, US-50 and Winchester Drive, Sedalia, MO 65301 (Formerly Hotel State Fair)   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Ballwin, Missouri
“Don't stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I checked in to the hotel and that took about 45 minutes at least. Then they said we would have to come back later to get into our room since it wasn't cleaned. I came back later was ready to take a shower had to get dressed and go to the front desk to get towels. Got back to the room and got in the shower only to find out that the hot water heater had been turned off and there was no hot water. My husband waited a while and then took a shower and it was luke warm and this was at midnight. We went to get into our bed and the mattress pad had blood on it. Then next morning I complained about no towels and asked if they could put clean sheets etc on the bed and make sure we had towels. Well we came in from the fair about 10 p.m. and no towels in the room again and the sheets had not been changed. I went down asked for new sheets and a new mattress pad and asked what the problem was that we couldn't even get towels. Now we were gone everyday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and they still didn't have time to put towels in the room. On the second and third night there was a dog in the room right next door so we had to listen to the dog whining and barking from time to time in the middle of the night. I paid $113.00 a night for the room. The third night we went to get in bed and they had changed the sheets but the sheets they put on had an oily look to them in several spots so I am not sure if they had been through the wash or if they were really dirty from someone else and had not been washed. I met a lady in the hall that night and I asked her what her complaint was and she said she needed a sheet I told her she better check and see if she had towels and I no sooner had that out of my mouth and her daughter said they had the girls in the shower and no towels to dry with. One of the nights they had some more unhappy people there that couldn't get in their room. Last year (2012) I stayed in the hotel and it was really bad we had to walk in the room with socks on the carpet was so bad. At least this year we had new carpet in our room. We came back the third night and heard a noise in our room we went in and I guess the toilet had been running since the maids left that morning. I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel if you can keep from it.
You would be better off to stay in the campground in a tent it would be cleaner and the showers can't be any worse. I had talked to the owner about last year and she said it was much better this year. Well she isn't there when the people are complaining so believe me it is not any better than it was the year before and the price is outrageous for what you are getting.

Room Tip: There isn't a tip to help travelers except don't stay in this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Grossest hotel I've ever stayed in. First, check in took about 30 minutes. The hallway carpet was nasty. When we went to our room it smelled of mold and there was black mold all over the walls. So unacceptable!

We asked for a different room. The 2nd room also smelled, but not quite as bad, had multiple lights burned out, there was a hole in the bathroom ceiling (I assume where a light should be) and there wasn't even fitted sheets on the bed, just a regular sheet tucked under. The pillows also sucked.

The room that my father in law stayed in also smelled, had lights burned out and had Cheerios all over the floor. Clearly the room wasn't vacuumed. Makes me wonder how clean the sheets were. *shudder*

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Totally overpriced ($99 per night, really?!), disgusting and unacceptable. Unfortunately there were no other hotels in the area that had multiple nights available that we needed so we were stuck in that hell hole.

Listen to all the horrible reviews and do not stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
Overland, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was ripped off. I reserved the the room for $55.00 a night for the Missouri State HOG Rally. When I checked in I was told that my room would be $75.00 a night. Since I was too tired to look for another hotel I decided to stay. The clerk tried running my debit card twice and told me that it wouldn't go through and I had to pay in cash. So, I went to the closest ATM and withdraw $300.00 to pay for my room for 3 nights. When I get home from the rally I found out that my debit card was charged $265.00 for my room after I paid cash for it! Now I've got to try to resolve this with the hotel and my bank. A headache! I should have read the reviews here first. The continental breakfast was nothing and the hotel looked like it was undergoing renovation while I was there. Do yourself a favor and don't stay the next time you're in Sedalia, MO.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Salem, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ok, so first of all I was pleased as could be to find a room during the time of the State Fair. I was told I had a room with 2 double beds, non-smoking for 118.00. I took down my confirmation number and took it in when I arrived at the hotel. It took FOREVER to check-in. I would say about 20 minutes (on just mine). I went to my room and immediatly upon opening the door wondered if this was really a non-smoking room, then when I walked in I discovered only 1 bed!! So, back up to the front desk I went. I stood to the side of the counter instead of the long, long line since I had just waited forever. She said is there something wrong in which I replied my reservation doesn't match my room.

She just let me stand ther and the 2nd couple in line walked up and told her the same thing. They reserved a non-smoking room with 2 beds and got a single bed. They were told only that she was completely booked and offered a roll-away. I waited a while longer, but based upon the wait and the fact the other couple were pretty much told they were out of luck I returned to my room and sprayed my expensive Obsession perfume around.

About 30-45 minutes later the desk clerk called my room an asked what the problem was. I explained to her whtat I had reserved, but I told her a single bed was fine since the other couple - THANK GOODNESS - ended up not coming with us. I did however have concerns that I might be in a smoking room. She told me my room was non-smoking and asked if I wanted to move rooms. I told her that the room was fine if it was non-smoking because I have asthma issues and didn't want to have trouble breathing. I just assumed at that point that the room was just the smell of the hotel in general. She assured me it was non-smoking and gave me 15 dollars off, so only charging me 103.00...so I guess she gave me 15 dollars of of the original booked room. Anyway, the next morning when I moved a suit-case my boyfriend had laid on the desk I FOUND AN ASHTRAY!!! So, this WAS NOT a non-smoking room and the clerk flat lied to me! Upon check-out I saw busines cards and grabbed one. When I looked at the name it was completely illegible to me and I asked the lady at the desk if the general manager was who would have checked me in at 2 the day before (she was Indian). She said yes. I replied to her that the general manager was the one who lied to me and so I guess I was out of luck.

If the people who are in charge of managing the hotel cannot do any better than appease their customers with flat out lies then there is no hope for a good stay at this place. Oh, and BTW, my safe didn't work, my coffee pot didn't work, the exhaust fan sounded like it was eating something....and I think there was a fee on my bill for the safe!!!!! JUST RIDICULOUS!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bolivar, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed 8/11/12 after attending a day at the State fair.We had reserved with a CC then paid with cash when we arrived. Today I find out our CC was charged so I called them and was told it was not charged and to call my bank. I call my bank and they say the CC was charged so I call the motel back and was told again it was not charged and my bank was wrong! No my bank is NOT wrong as my bank didn't know we was at your motel until YOU charged my CC!!!!! You should be ashamed!!!!! In the room the coffee maker still had old coffee with MOLD in it, the yellow blanket on the bed smelled like a pig, you could see the dust on the curtains, bath tub mat was gross and all I was told is "We'll leave a note for the head houskeeping" No apology whatsever! AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CHARGE MY CC? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT YOUR MONEY FOR YOUR FILTHY ROOM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Minters Chapel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is now the Hotel State Fair. During the MOA Rally I paid $95 for a double queen smoking (last avail). I gladly paid this inflated rate since I booked last minute. The room was very hot and stanky on check in but aired out and cooled down nicely. Microwave oven and mini-fridge are handy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Madison, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Not a super 8 any longer. Indiana owned and old rates no longer apply but you don't find that out until you get there. Quoted a rate 0f $55/night but was $85 when we arrived. Staff was friendly and did their jobs well but owner/operator was very nasty and uncooporative. Room ok but smelled badly of smoke and carpet was filthy. This owner also owns Econo lodge across the street so DON'T STAY THERE EITHER!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay here !!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Sedalia, MO? Share your experiences!