“GOOD PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Sedalia
SEDALIA, MO, United States
“GOOD PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel to volunteer at a special event for MO BAPTIST ROYAL AMBASSADORS for over 20 years. It's close to the state fair grounds, has a buffet breakfast, is quiet and clean. I just like staying here when I am in sedalia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Huntsville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Decent place to stay for a week. Love the deep sink. Carpet felt clean to bare feet. Love the water pressure and shower massage that I could actually reach to adjust. Room did not smell like chemicals such as carpet/chlorine/formaldehyde. The first morning I thought I was awakened by a police chase in the parking lot. Turns out all car tires squeal on the parking lot regardless of speed. Fridge did not chill well enough. Something bit me on my foot and three more times on my leg up to my knee. I searched the bed and found nothing. The next day I was bit on my lower back. Searched the room and found a dead spider, dead water bug and a LIVE cricket that I killed. I believe the cricket bit me! I slept in the other bed after I killed the cricket and did not get bit again. But don't use toxic poison, simple glue traps work just fine. I had a new fly in my room everyday, maybe because there is a garbage can just outside. Didn't appreciate housekeeping assault on the door even when I had the do not disturb sign out! Did not find breakfast appealing, serving pork, white flour products. Nothing kosher/organic. Pitiful looking fruit, nothing organic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Chariton, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Kids loved the pool/hot tub. Big breakfast. Friendly desk clerk, very polite and welcoming. Easy to find location. Rooms are small, mattresses are very comfy. Overall pretty clean, maybe a few nit picky things here and there. Comfortably clean.

• Stayed September 2013
Greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We attend rabbit shows in the area several times a year and are always happy with our stay. We did stay once at another hotel and it was not an experience we would want to repeat. Best Western is consistent with their service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed at this motel twice, and have been satisfied with the service and my room both times. I recommend this motel for a comfortable visit. The review must have 200 characters minimum so here are more characters, lol.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Montgomery City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Didn't have a lot of choice when choosing this hotel for a visit to the state fair. Hotels fill up during the fair and we didn't make our reservation until late, so I felt lucky to have a room at all, especially this close to the state fair (1 mile). I was very pleasantly surprised when I checked into this hotel. The room was clean, large enough and comfortable. The shower water pressure was great and the water was hot. It was pricey for a Best Western, but again, it was state fair time, so there you go. The only problem we had was the fact that the temperature control did not work in the room and we checked in far too late for maintenance. But the front desk personnel brought us extra blankets and that helped a lot. Should have asked for a reduction in the room rate as a result, but we didn't.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Northeast Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The price I paid (~$160 including tax) was well above the type of room/hotel we stayed in; however, I suppose it's to be expected that more money would be charged during State Fair week, right or wrong. We enjoyed the pool, breakfast, our room wasn't anything luxurious but it was just fine, no problems. Everyone slept well. I prefer rooms with queen beds but we made do with two doubles. We checked in as a family of 5 and there were 3 towels, so I had to go get more. I was satisfied overall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN State Fair Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN State Fair Inn

Address: 3120 South Limit, Sedalia, MO 65301
Location: United States > Missouri > Sedalia
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Sedalia
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN State Fair Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sedalia Best Western
Best Western Sedalia

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN State Fair Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.