“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
South Fulton, Tennessee
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed for the Sheep sale held there each year. Extremely comfortable beds bonus breakfast we were not expecting was a welcome surprise. We will stay there again. Washer did not work one night but I was able to fix it by resetting the GFC plug.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was so great I may go out of the way or back even when not on vacation! It was amazing from the moment you walk in the door the staff is friendly, great interior design, perfect rooms.. Perfect!! The best beds I've ever slept on super soft, nice space and quiet:) I will be back hopefully soon !!

• Stayed June 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had a great time at Hotel Bothwell. My husband and I spent two nights there to take advantage of biking the Katy Trail. The room was too small for us and two bicycles, but they stored our bikes in their basement. The next time we come for the Katy Trail, we will stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I just needed a place to stay one night. I was driving to Tennessee. I was very happy with my stay. I stayed in a queen room. My only complaint was it was an extremely cold night and my room was drafty. I was in an end unit with 2 windows on a high floor. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The bed was comfortable and the ambiance of the hotel is worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Shawnee Mission
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I had a wee bit of trouble syncing the hot and cold water for a shower. The temperature would fluctuate a little too much. That's my only complaint.
We loved the 20's architecture. The service was great. Special kudos to Lexi and Whitney. They made us feel special and welcome. We were there for 2 nights. Next time, and there will be a next time' we'll eat in the dining room. It looks wonderful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here mid-April on a Saturday for one night. Had to attend an event in nearby Warrensburg but all hotels were booked there, so we camped in Sedalia.

We prefer to stay away from chain hotels when we travel for non-business. It is a beautiful historic hotel and the rooms reflect that. Don’t go expecting a modern feel to the room, but do expect a comfortable and clean room with modern amenities, and a very cool feeling that you have stepped back in time to experience a piece of history. Would definitely stay here again if we needed to be in the Sedalia area. It would be a nice choice if you are looking for something different and special to celebrate an occasion.

Our only minor disappointment was the breakfast—and this is partially our bad for not asking the right questions. We assumed that the restaurant would be open for breakfast on Sunday, and it wasn’t. The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast, which was honestly one of the poorest quality hotel comp breakfasts we have ever experienced. So if you stay here and having a satisfying breakfast is important to you, make sure to ask if the restaurant is serving and—if not—scope out some other options in Sedalia.

Finally, one general note on Sedalia: as a native Missourian, I was personally sad to see that the “life” of Sedalia seems to have migrated to the major highway loaded with chain restaurants and some chain hotels. The original town square in which the Bothwell is located has some beautiful architecture and seems like it would be a great place to revive. We saw a few places that seemed to be headed in the right direction, but for the most part it was very quiet for a Saturday night. Maybe it was just the timing of our visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holton, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed in a King Suite that had a large room and two bathrooms. We ate at the ivory grill and strolled around the downtown looking at the neat architecture. Good enough for Truman and good enough for me. You cannot go wrong in taking that special someone here and having a great night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel

Address: 103 E. 4th Street, Sedalia, MO 65301
Location: United States > Missouri > Sedalia
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Collection Bothwell
Clarion Sedalia
Clarion Collection Sedalia
Sedalia Clarion

If you own or manage Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.