“The Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crossroads Inn And Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salem
Crossroads Inn And Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Salem
Chicago, Illinois
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after a week long camping trip on the current river. It was the best hotel ever it was very clean and the beds were very comfy. After camping and canoeing down the current river for a week it felt wonderful to stay here. It was very clean and the staff working there was very helpful. They also had a couple of washer and dryers which was nice to have. I would highly recoomend staying at this location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I was satisfied with my stay and slept well as the motel, while centrally located in Salem, is not on a major highway. Kids will like the small aquarium in the lobby, and the fitness center is unusually nice for a rural motel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Glendale, Missouri USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I was more than a little leery booking a stay at a Holiday Inn Express, given bad experiences with this chain ten to 15 years ago. Frankly, I'd dismissed ever staying at one again and would drive 50 miles to stay at a Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, etc. if HI Express and the like were the only options. Given reviews on this site, I decided to take a chance, and I'm glad I did. From the warm greeting upon entering a very nice lobby and reception area, to the clean pool and hot tub, to the full line of cable TV programming, to a quality bed and linens, and to a pretty good breakfast in the morning...I could not have been more pleased.

Granted, it is a little pricey for such a rural location; I paid $90 w/ tax. The price is comparable to hotels in Rolla and St. Roberts, which are pretty beat up from college students and military travelers. I would put this hotel on par with a Courtyard by Marriott or a newer Hampton Inn. It is better than the typical Fairfield Inn, Comfort Inn, and other budget/economy hotels.

There is free WiFi and computer stations are available to use. The breakfast is limited, but the selections are all pretty good...especially the warm cinnamon rolls. The breakfast hostess said that people stay there just for these rolls! I said "those are some expensive, but good, rolls."

Non-chain restaurants are very limited in this part of the state. Try "My Place" restaurant a few blocks northeast of the hotel (a little to far to walk, though). It has great home style meals (not gourmet) and desserts you wish your mom made.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We went to float the current river and were surprised to find such a beautiful, new facility just 30 minutes away. For a Holiday Inn, we were delighted to find many extras (firm and soft pillows --with labels), fantastic full hot breakfast, with plenty of tables and room to eat-- not generally the case with "free" breakfasts. We will definitely stay here again-- we usually stay at Quality Inn chain, but this may change our mind.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

What made this hotel truly great was the wonderful front desk staff. They were very friendly and very helpful. We were in town for a meeting and several other couples were staying here as well. The room was very clean, it was quiet and there was no traffic noise or bright lights to keep you up at night. The breakfast in the morning was well supplied and as soon as something would run out a sweet girl came carrying out more. There was not one bad aspect of this hotel in my opinion. Everything was fantastic and I applaud those that work so hard to keep it that way. All staff that we met were friendly and willing to help. Thank you so much for a great stay in a beautiful area!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

My husband & I took our little 21 month old granddaughter 'leaf-peeping' & chose Salem, MO as our base.We stayed for 3 nights.
I came on here to find reviews of hotels in Salem & this one seemed to have rave reviews. They weren't wrong! I actually went on the Holiday Inn website & got a King, non-smoking room for $90. One of the ladies at the front desk told me the price is $94 with AARP being $86(all plus tax, of course). So, I think I got a pretty good deal.
From the moment I walked in to the moment we left, we were treated like old friends. When I checked in, they had my reservation right there! I did have to sign & initial to assure them I wouldn't smoke & made me aware of the $150 charge if I did. No biggy. We don't smoke. It pays to join their Priority Club. Upon check-in, the lady gave me a bag that had bottled water, peanut butter crackers, gummie bears & a couple of mints. A nice touch that meant a lot. Plus, a card that welcomed me & wished us a nice visit. Cool!
The front desk clerks were THE nicest I have ever encountered! They made over our granddaughter & just thought she was so cute! Whatever I needed, whether it was information or a needle & thread, they were there for us! Always greeting us with a smile & hello & didn't mind when I talked their legs off! They also asked how our granddaughter slept. Nice.
I had requested a room close to the pool when I booked online & also, a king room. My requests were met! The room was on the ground floor & a minutes walk to the pool AND the breakfast room.
The rooms don't have a fridge in them, nor do they have any to 'rent'. They offered to put the milk we brought with us for our granddaughter in their fridge they use. Nice offer. We just buzzed up to Wal-Mart & bought a styrofoam cooler. It worked fine. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch to have a mini fridge in each room. When I went to the ice machine to fill the cooler, the lady at the front desk offered to fill it for me. She had a big scoop she used from the kitchen. I thought that was very nice of her!
The breakfast was very nice. The biscuits & gravy was really good! The biscuits looked & tasted homemade. They had a nice aray of food. Cereals, bagels/bread, bananas, yogurt, milk, pink grapefruit/apple/orange juice, pastries, bacon, eggs-one day scrambled, one day omelet, and sausage patties one day. Also, instant oatmeal. Coffee & tea, of course. Hot chocolate would be a nice touch in the breakfast room as well as the rooms themselves.
They have 2 computers that have complimentary internet for the guests. They are in separate rooms that have privacy. I saw a boy in there playing games every night we were there. I was glad they had it, because I had forgotten to schedule a show on my DVR & with our satellite service, we can schedule our DVR to record from the internet.
I think that is nice to offer to the guests, because they can check their bank accounts & email people or just do whatever they need to do. Free. Nice touch!
There is a nice sitting area on the other side ot the breakfast area, yet in the same room, that has a nice television, comfy chairs & a really neat aquarium. Our granddaughter loved to get up in the chair & look at the fishies!
The pool was so nice. A little chilly. But, warmer than most. The hot tub was just the right temperature. Our granddaughter was able to get in the hot tub in her little floatie. We had the pool & hot tub to ourselves pretty much all the time. Of course, we went late enough so that there weren't a lot of people there.
The room was so nice. No view. That's ok. I only need a view if there is one. Not one here, really. Just buildings & houses. The 'entry' of the room was also roomy. The bathroom had a really great touch~on the right side of the vanity, there is a wall & there are 3 shelves built into the wall! Sort of a medicine cabinet built into the wall without a door. It saved us so much room on the vanity! It gave me plenty of room to move the coffee maker from the little sink area to the vanity so I could put the sippy cups, drainer for the cups & all of our granddaughters dishes, spoons, etc. there. We each had our own little shelf & it kept the vanity area tidy all the time!
Everything about this room was perfect! Clean beyond clean. Towels were plentiful & soft. Bed was comfortable & crisp clean.
We didn't ask for maid service the first day there because we just didn't dirty any towels to speak of & I just pulled the blankets up over the bed & we left. We did, however, ask for service the next day. We came back around 2pm or so to get something from the room & it was cleaned & there were fresh towels, etc.
If you ever come to 'leaf-peep', there is an abundance of info there, which is a nice touch. We got pamphlets on 3 different auto tours & also a mill. They are thorough & well worth the time. I do suggest starting out early, as they can last into the evening hours. We went to a mill that was gorgeous!
They offer postcards behind the front desk, but they are $1 each. I thought that was pricey. But, that is really the only thing I didn't like. Not an issue at all.
They always put your bill under the door the night before you leave & it was exactly as it should have been. No surprises or hidden charges.
I just can't say enough good things about this motel. I hope I haven't left anything out.
I am always honest & truthful about my reviews. I hope others reviewers are the same.
If you want a good place to stay, that is clean & 100% great~this is the place for you!
Thanx to the ladies at the front desk for being so nice to us & our granddaughter & making us feel so welcome. I didn't feel like a tourist, I felt like family!
I give this motel a hotel rating & also on a scale of 1~5...a 10!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

Our company "off-site" meeting has been held here for several years now ........... with part of that function being a float trip down the nearby Current River. It was almost brand new when we went there the first time -- and it still looks and smells and feels the same way now, five years later.

The quality and maintenance of the rooms are first class -- have never had a complaint. There is also a very nice fitness room on the lower level. The staff has always been very friendly, cooperative and inviting.

The breakfast room and the items in it are exemplary. It is a very large and warmly receptive room, with most everything on the buffet line that you could want -- and constantly attended to keep it clean and tidy and well-stocked.

We look forward to returning there again next year/

• Liked — Cleanliness, attitude and the continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crossroads Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!