“Clean, quiet and pleasant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ranch Motel

Ranch Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ranch Motel
You added Ranch Motel to your Saves list
5400 Ranch Motel Drive, Salem, MO 65560   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Salem B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean, quiet and pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Our stay here was nice. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The staff were so lovely and cheery. We were here through the middle of winter but the rooms stayed warm through out the night without having to have the heater on all night. The motel offer a breakfast in the morning and tea and coffee all day, which is handy when you travel with a 6 month old. There was no microwave in the room but there was one available in the office until about midnight each night (warming up bottles and baby food). Walmart is a within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Joplin, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had been warned not to stay here, but after reading Trip Advisor reviews, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! Although some fixtures are older, the rooms were very clean. In fact, our bathroom floor was so shiny, I kept thinking there was water in the floor. We ate at a friends home so I can't speak for the continental breakfast, however, I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013
Warrenton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the RANCH MOTEL to do some fishing at Montauk and along the Current River, in November 2013, for two nights... Friday and Saturday (Friday being the night before the opening day of deer season). The place was packed with hunters.

We got the last single, non smoking room on the upper level of the motel (they offer cabins, too). We thought being on the second level might be an issue. But the room was right next to the stairs. So, unloading and loading was not as bad as we anticipated.

The room was sparkling clean. Everything was in perfect working order. I requested extra pillows (forgot mine at home). I have to sleep rather highly elevated. Even though they were totally full, I was given 3 pillows..... EXCELLENT! We turned the heat on and in a very short time the room was toasty warm. In fact, we slept most of the night with the setting on fan. Once the room was warmed, it stayed that way. The 'in room' coffee really helps get the day off to a great start. Continental breakfast was very NICE standard fare...they even offer hard boiled eggs. I loved the orange juice.

Finally, the staff was PHENOMENAL!!! Robin helped book the room on the phone. Sharon was there to check us in that night and get us whatever we requested both evenings. And Amanda in the mornings. ALL were courteous and friendly and totally responsive to our needs. You could not ask for a better staff. They made this trip WONDERFUL!!

We will be staying here again and again! Do not hesitate to book at the RANCH MOTEL.. I would recommend the upper level, as I did hear of a few complaints by ground floor guests regarding their upper level neighbors being a bit noisy. However, we found the upper level to be PERFECTLY QUIET! Even with the hordes of hunters. Our room was on the corner... stairs on one side and only one neighbor on the other side. No complaints here.

Book once and you will be HOOKED! Oh, and very reasonably priced, as well. Two nights stay at around $120. You just CAN NOT GO WRONG!

Room Tip: Upper level may be quieter... no noise from guests above you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirbyville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here for a Family wedding! Best place to stay in Salem for the price. Tell Robin and the folks there Hi and enjoy your stay. Have never staid in the little Cabins but they sure look cozy. Nice outside pool and I believe I saw some grills out in the grove of trees that shade the area. Close to Walmart and several Restaurants in town. Great small town place with great people to make you comfortable.

Room Tip: No fitness center that I saw but nice area to walk outside and stretch your legs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IMPERIAL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very nice motel close to the Ozark Rivers. Clean and some updates. Everything worked perfectly and breakfast had a good selection to meet everyone's needs. I found the staff to be very friendly. This motel was also close to shopping and some great restaurants. I like to park in front of my room for convenient loading and unloading.

Room Tip: I like the street-level rooms so you can park your car in front of the door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and friendly staff along with very clean room and recently updated bath are the best features of this "old school" style motel. Nice, firm bed suited my preferences but heating unit somewhat noisy. Kept us warm though when outside temperatures reached 15 degrees. Best suggestions I have are for staff to replace the old, unremovable clothes hangers and to provide a full size ironing board with usable steam iron.

• Stayed January 2013
Van buren,AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is older but it's a good place to stay. The front desk lady was very friendly. The room was very clean. It could use a little updating. The mattress was a little hard for my taste but the hubby liked it. There wasn't a fridge or microwave in our room but there was free wifi. Only complaint we had was the heater was to noisy but it did heat and that was a good thing

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ranch Motel? Share your experiences!