“February weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn St Gemme Beauvais

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sainte Genevieve
Inn St Gemme Beauvais
You added Inn St Gemme Beauvais to your Saves list
78 N Main St, Sainte Genevieve, MO 63670   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wentzville, Missouri, United States
“February weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend around Ste Genevieve and stayed at the Inn St Gemme Beauvais. The hosts were very friendly and informative. The breakfast was fantastic, great food and the portion size was perfect for me. I much prefer good food to a lot of food. I plan to return with my wife in the spring.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've lost count of how many times I've stayed here, yet, I leave always anticipating my next visit. Cathy and Jan are extremely warm and welcoming. This place is truly a "gem!"

When you check in at 2:00PM, it's tea time. Wine and cheese is at 5:00PM and then you're treated to a wonderful breakfast the next morning. You leave the inn stuffed!

We've stayed in three different rooms and all have been nicely decorated. We were surprised that there were TV and cable in all of the rooms because some B&Bs don't have them. There is also free wi-fi. The location is perfect and it's within walking distance to several shops and restaurants.

I really like how they do their breakfasts. You get to choose the time that you would like to be served, anywhere from 8:00AM-9:30AM. You also aren't forced to sit with people that you don't know. In the morning, I don't want to worry about being kind to strangers! You also get a choice of 10+ AMAZING entrees. Along with the entree of your choice, you can also have--the bread of the day, oatmeal, fruit and several beverages. As I said, you won't leave here hungry!

If you need a place to stay in Ste Genevieve, you can't go wrong with Inn St Gemme Beauvais!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edwardsville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We loved the decor/atmosphere here, and the service was fantastic. I've had better food, but it was still pretty good. It was a good place to go to celebrate our anniversary, and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The menu is small but always great food. And the price fair. The wine list is local wines and not a huge mark up over the liquor store price and that is rare for a restaurant. The portions are not over sized so but if you order all three courses you will not keave hungry. For my wife and I to eat a three course meal with a bottle of champagne our dinner was $60 total.

• Stayed November 2012
Kimberling City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

An excellent choice for dinner in St. Genevieve. The room was small with maybe 12 or 13 tables but well decorated. The menu gave a choice of 4 starters and then a choice of 4 entrees. But everything we ordered was excellent. What stood out the most to me was the excellent service that was provided. Every waiter or waitress in the room made sure that every table was being serviced. I would highly recommend the restaurant for a nice dinner while visiting St. Genevieve.

Room Tip: Make a reservation if dining on the weekend.
memphis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a help to anyone with allergies, I post whenever an establishment is rude and inflexible when it comes to offering fragrance free sheets and towels. Many people have chemical allergies, and the vast majority of places we've stayed offer unscented linens to guests on request.

I spoke with one of the owners, Kathy, today about our reservation, and it was apparent that it was out of the question to offer this. She seemed upset and shocked that anyone would even ask if it was possible.

It's hard to believe that anyone in business could be so uninformed and rude.
We cancelled our reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Gemme, Owner at Inn St Gemme Beauvais, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
The Inn currently uses laundry products with a very light fresh scent. We do not use any room sprays or scented candles, although we do have fresh flowers in the rooms. We would not feel comfortable assuring anyone who has severe scent allergies that they would not have a problem just because we provided scent free linens. It is my understanding that cleaning products, shampoo, soap, etc are also a problem. We would hate for someone to arrive, determine that they would be uncomfortable in the room and find that there were no other rooms available in town.

I sincerely apologize if I came across as rude and insensitive on the phone. It was certainly not my intention. We were simply at an impasse because I do not have scent free linens to offer. I would suggest that such an important issue be discussed before making a reservation, not 24 hours later.
Southern Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everything about Joy's and my stay at your inn was exceptional. The food,room, and service were excellent. I would without a doubt stay again when in your historic friendly town and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn St Gemme Beauvais? Share your experiences!