“nightmare hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   17030 New Bremen Road, Sainte Genevieve, MO 63670 (Formerly Regency Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Chicago, Illinois
“nightmare hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

My family and I pulled into the parking lot of the Regency Inn and Suites in Ste Genevieve, MO at 7:00pm and there were no cars there. We got our two rooms. There were two buildings. Our rooms were in the building with the interior corridors (thank goodness) but the doors to the building did not lock. There were 3 locks on the room doors - I used every one! My niece pulled down the bedspread in her bed and there were human hairs on the sheets - ugh! There was a switch in the bathroom for a heat light but there was no bulb in the socket. We went across the parking lot to the "restaurant" the ad said was on the premises - it was a big room (looked like they used to have a band 'cause there was a stage and a huge room) and then on the end of the room was a bar. The only food was appetizers and a pizza. When we finished our dinner, still no one else was at the motel. In the morning, 7:00am there were still no other cars in the parking lot. It is the spookiest experience I have ever had. The woman who worked the bar at the "restaurant" was working the office in the morning. While the woman was very nice - the hotel has to be the worst place and creepiest place I have ever stayed!

Room Tip: do not stay here!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

prices were all jacked up, did not know how much to charge, giving different prices,giving me different keys, they were uncertain to what key to give me. one channel worked out of 20, says conntinetal breakfast, (no breakfast). would not recomend nobody to stay there.unsat,not clean,food at sub way got me sick across the street. trash every where, need to close this place up.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

Why is it that attempting to find a decent room for a decent price is a crapshoot anymore? This property appeared fine online, I made reservations with the clerk well in advance of our wineries trip, with no issues. Check-in was fine, the room condition was on the rough side (bathtub not clean, baseboards falling off) but the topper was when one of the primary lights did not function, and our television got 1 of 20 listed channels. I went and fussed at the front desk gal (nice enough, new to the managerial role) - she did upgrade us to a queen (you can't tell a difference between the full and queen sizes). The lights did work but then again the TV had only one barely-functioning channel. We were told that there were technical problems and that it would be fixed the next day (Saturday). I inquired why the TV in the lobby worked fine. I was told that that was on a different system, and is for the owners' use (harumph). We then tried to go to the adjacent bar (owned by the same property) for a drink and something to eat, we waited 10 minutes and then started to walk out (the manager, who apparently runs much of the place) was having an extended intense discussion outside with someone of the opposite sex - she told us she'd be right in but frankly we were hungry and tired, and went up the road to get service and food. The next day I had asked room service to leave us extra towels - they never did. They only accommodated after I left a note on the front desk (after no one returned my calls). The cable was never fixed. You do notice the absence of cable when you're in the middle of Missouri, and other than the wineries, there's nothing else to do. Our experience here was definitely frustrating and it's apparent that the management and owners do not have the guests' best interest in mind. Please spend a bit more and look elsewhere for a place to stay!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lack of customer service, unsanitary, poor amenities
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
STL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. Myself and my companion woke up the following morning to find ourselves covered with bites. After making a trip to the Emergency room we found out we had been bitten by BED BUGS. I wouldn't let my dog stay at this place.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pittsburgh pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

Dirty, sink was broke, no towels supposed to be non-smoking but neighbor smoked continuously (they wouldn't help) they lied about the rate....the continental breakfast was 3 day old twinkies etc....absolute dump!!!!!!

Stayed May 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2004

Family Budget Inn in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri is one of the cleanest motes at a great price. People are friendly and considerate.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!