“Great Lobby” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rocklin CA
“Great Lobby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

Nice Comfort Inn, great lobby and breakfast, but very weird smell - like a variety of cleaning products. Too hot in the rooms. We had the air conditioner on full blast and it was 10 degrees outside. Quite convenient to Ft Leonard Wood where we were attending a graduation and several good restaurants located nearby.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint Robert, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Have stayed at 5+ Comfort Inns throughout the Midwest and this was by far the worst. Turned down our first room as it smelled like mold. Upon further investigation, found mold growing in the a/c unit. The guy at the front desk seemed surprised that we didn't want to stay in a room that smelled like mold with two small children. We were then given the "only other double room open" which was a smoking room. This room reeked like an ashtray; febreeze made it tolerable. Had planned to stay a week and checked out after one night. Location was close to Cracker Barrel and a few other restaurants.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

This hotel is adequate but not necessarily the best value for your money. There was little hot water, and I know it wasn't just a problem in my room because I overheard another guest talking about the same thing. Although I am not handicapped the staff (either to be nice or because they were close to full) put me in a handicapped room without telling me; I liked the extra space but not the European-style shower wand. Lastly, the side door to the building had a sign with the standard statement about the door being locked at all times and guests having to use their room keys for access; unfortunately, the door didn't actually lock! All in all, I feel that the hotel is charging a sizable amount of money for a merely adequate experience. While I don't say that I wouldn't stay here again, I will definitely explore other possibilities first next time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Selmer, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed here one night waiting to pick up my son from Ft. Leonard Wood. The staff was efficient, friendly and extremely helpful. One staff member handed out "support the troops" guardian angels which I appreciated being a military wife and mother. The room was neat, clean and up to date. There was a strange odor in the room at first but that was corrected as soon as I contacted the front desk. Breakfast was very good and the beds incredibly comfortable. The guest laundry service came in very handy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I just had to write to say that the staff and the maid service were A+ in my book. At breakfast, the woman who took care of the area, was friendly and helpful. The front desk always asked how my day was. The maid service on the 4th floor during the week when I was there was impecable. I even saw her on her hands and knees cleaning the bathroom floor. You could tell she took such pride in her work. the beds were soft and the pillows were the best I have slept on in a long time. The pool and hottub were clean. Overall I would rate this hotel as excellent.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn St Robert for my sons graduation from Army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood. I can't say enough about the friendly and helpful staff they have at this hotel. Everyone made my family feel so welcome. The breakfast is fresh and there are plenty of choices. The lady that serves the breakfast is delightful. We had a no smoking room with two queen beds. Plenty of room for myself, my wife and 2 kids. There is also an indoor swimming pool, hot tub and gym. There is not a lot in the area apart from the base and a few restaurants but anyone looking for a hotel near Fort Leonard Wood this is a great choice and just a few minutes drive the the base.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My wife, daughter, and I, stayed at the Comfort Inn for our sons Basic Training graduation on August 27th. We arrived early and were allowed to check in early. The front desk staff were warm and friendly, they treated us like we were family members. When we learned that our son would receive a weekend pass, we asked that he receive a room next to ours, which he got. Throughout our stay (which was four days) we were treated like family members.
In most motels the beds are too hard and the pillows are too soft, this was not the case at the Comfort Inn. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, which made it very easy to sleep (normally I don't sleep very well at motels).
The swimming pool and exercise room are open 24 hours, so if your an early bird like I am you have something to do in the early morning hours while everyone else is sleeping.
They do have a continental breakfast which was pretty good. I really liked the biscuits and gravy. It would be nice if they served scrambled eggs and bacon, but it was still pretty good.
The morning our son was graduating we received little pins (angels) from one of the ladies working at the motel, this was a nice gesture, and we really appreciated them!
We will be staying at the Comfort Inn again when our son graduates from his AIT (554th. Engineering Battalion, Hotel Company Hell raisers).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood? Share your experiences!