“How Many More Time Will We Allow Holiday Inn Express Take Our $$$” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Saint Robert
Oak Grove, Kentucky
“How Many More Time Will We Allow Holiday Inn Express Take Our $$$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked a room for a class reunion but then cancel upon others not being able to come. not once was I told that I would be charge regardless whether or not I stay by the rep (specialist). I was charged one night for the room. when I brought it up to the general mgr. once finding out that I was charged she stated that it was a discount and they weren't refunding my money. although I didn’t stay there and wasn't told, I would be charged for the room regardless. who in their right mind would book a room and not stay in it at least one night that they are going to be charged for anyways if they were told this at the time of their reservation. don't nobody have money to throw away like that unless you are rich and got it like that. All in a nutshell, Holiday Inn Express of St. Roberts and IHG CORP would rather loss a customer/tell customer to have bank to dispute the charges (guest relations) than to settle the issue at hand, that was the bad communication upon their end. Especially when reservations were made directly through the hotel in which I (personally talked to their (specialist) that knows they are to go over the guidelines with the customer and didn't) was going to be staying at. This is bad business. Before you make a reservation (learning experience for me) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, GET ALL THE INFO, TERMS, STIPULATIONS, RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE HANGING UP THE PHONE WITH THEIR RESERVATION (SPECIALIST). FOR THEY AREN'T RESPONSIBLE IF YOU HANG UP AND THEY DIDNT GIVE YOU THE PROPER INFO OF THEIR ESTABLISHMENT FOR THE JOB THEY GET PAID TO DO IS TO PROVIDE A RESERVATION AND DEALS ABOUT WHAT SHOULD AND WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

Immediately upon reading your review, we conducted a thorough investigation into these allegations. Please let us clarify how this particular type of reservation works. On the "Book Early and Save" reservations, the guest is guaranteed a discounted rate and savings by booking and paying for the reservation in its entirety.

Unfortunately, there are no records in our system or the central reservation system that indicate, whatsoever, that a cancellation was made or attempted.

Technically this is an advanced purchase rate and is non-refundable. Instead of charging you for the full reservation, as a courtesy to you, we only charged for one night.

We hope this better clarifies the situation and provides you a better understanding.

Thank you for your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I was on orders and called to get prices. I was quoted $80 , which met allocation. When I arrived, I was charged an extra $10 for having a dependent and another $10 for misc taxes and fees. I tried to discuss this with the worker at the front desk and they were less than helpful, telling me my orders were not to their specifications, even though it was a standard order. Also, I reserved the room under my spouse, needed to change it to my name later and they were unable to change the name on the reservation. I am not sure if they really could not change it, or just didn't want to deal with it. We have stayed here many times before, but we will never be back. It's clean, but the workers are not there to be helpful, just to collect a pay check.

• Stayed July 2013
PJF49, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We appreciate your business and value our guests.

We investigated the matter and want to clarify how this particular military rate is offered. This rate (per diem) is only for military guests visiting the area on orders. This particular rate is a government rate issued to military service members. Paperwork is required and needs to be presented at time of check-in. This is a military rate and is $80 per night - per one adult. Additional adults over the age of 18 are charged $10 per night. If additional family members are listed on your paperwork, the goverment allows for these additional fees and reinbursement. If the goverment does not have a family member(s) listed on their (your) orders, then the guest is responsible for additional charges incurred. Additional charges are noted at time of reservation and visible on the website, then confirmed again on your reservation paperwork. There is no additional charge for children under the age of 18.

Regarding the tax and hotel charges, this fees comes directly from our state tax and our local tourism bureau. This is called a tourism tax and is standard across the country. We do not have anything to do with this charge, nor control the fees. Please feel free to contact the local tourism bureau if you need further clarification.

Lastly, we cannot change the name on a reservation once a guest has checked in. We can alter the dates, the room type, change the number of guests in the room and the room number, but we cannot change the name on the reservation. This rule and regulation is part of our corporate policies and procedures. It is also implemented for your privacy and security.

We hope this clarifies the matter and brings an understanding to the government rates and our corporate hotel policies and procedures.

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.
Ellijay GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed 3 nights while my niece graduated from Ft. Leonard Wood. Good parking, very clean, big pool, nice exercise room , and a better than usual breakfast. The queen sized beds were way too
soft for my back! They did forget to clean our room 1 of the 3 days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kapolei, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from July 1 - July 4 to attend my nephew's graduation located at Fort Leonard Wood military base. Had nothing less than superb service. The front desk clerks, housekeepers and dining room employees were very pleasant to speak with. Lobby and room was clean. Thank you for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Snellville, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Bottom line up front this hotel does not recognize platinum elite status for those guests staying under the government rate and if using this rate they charge an additional fee of $10 per person starting with the second individual regardless of age. This makes it cheaper for a family of 4+ traveling or PCSing to use any other available rate.
In planning to PCS from Ft Leonard Wood, we originally placed reservations for 2 rooms listed as 2 queen beds standard, checking in on 5 June and checking out on 7 June. When we got an earlier move date for our household good I went to begin our reservations 2 days earlier but still checking out on the same day. The only rates available were 40% higher than our original reservation so I made the first 2 nights a reservation for a suite so not to exceed our budget while still giving us the same amount of room. A few weeks before the start of our reservation I stopped by the hotel to see what the possibility of getting 1 of the original 2 rooms upgraded to a suite for being a platinum member so we wouldn’t have to switch rooms halfway through our stay with a bunch of suitcases for a family of 5. I was told they could make a note but couldn’t confirm it until the week of the reservation based on availability, which is understandable, but that if we kept the original rooms under the government rate the property owners consider this their per diem rate and charge an additional $10 per person regardless of age starting with the 2nd person in the room. This is not listed anywhere on the priority club website or on our reservation. Four days before our reservations I received a call from a hotel employee asking about our 3 separate reservations. I explained the situation and then was told they could keep us in the suite for the entire time at the rates we had already reserved rooms at. I agreed to this as I explained the limits of our budget. When we arrived to check in the initial reservation showed for 4 nights at a rate higher than any rate that I had reserved or agreed upon for any of the 3 reservations I had originally made. Having planned on not switching rooms for the duration of the stay based on the phone conversation, we brought along everything we planned to take with us instead of leaving some unneeded items at the house until the final move out day when we would have been in the final room not having to move everything from one room to the next. As we were changing around reservations, I was told again about the additional rate charge under the military per diem rate. We finally decided to cancel the second room in order to stay under allowable budget for the move and stay squeezed together in one room. This was after checking availability at the candlewood suites but to no avail. The following morning I spoke with the General Manager and she confirmed everything I had been told even when I showed her that our original reservations made no mention of an additional charge she said there was, but offered to not charge us for our 3 children (2 of which are not even school age yet). The hotel was nice and the front desk clerks were nice and helpful to the extent the management would allow, but the discriminatory practices only towards those staying under the military/ government rate along with the secretive extra charges made this one of the worst experiences ever at an IHG hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear priority_club_trvlr,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Winnie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for our daughters basic training graduation. I have to say, it was Extremely better than expected. Indoor pool was warm and clean. The rooms were very very clean. They had a great breakfast and evening refreshments. The only neg. thing I could say, one of the vending machines were broken, but they did have it labeled and had called someone to fix quick. Very nice!~ We were greeted every time we walked in the door. Closer to the base than I thought. Very close to restaurants. If she happens to go back, we will stay here for sure.

Room Tip: Our room faced the main road. Did not hear any road noise. It was very quiet. I did not rate the res...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in St. Robert- Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be not only friendly, but as you wrote, "very, very clean."

Next time you're traveling through the area, please stop by and stay with us again.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Take care!
Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

First off, your GPS will probably have you exit too soon if you're coming from St. Louis, but just follow it, you'll get there (although my new Garmin seemed to be confused with the number).

Very polite staff. Nice room, but NO VIEW (not that there would be one on the west side of the hotel--faces the interstate). Our room (316) was on the 3rd floor above the lobby area and, view-wise, behind the facade for the hotel. We couldn't even see the parking lot (I like to periodically like to check on my vehicle).

I can't remember the term for this room, but it had loads of room, desk, love seat, easy chair with ottoman, fridge, table for two, microwave, etc. but because it was behind the facade (my guess) it was the same price as a room with a king sized bed and no other frills.

Air conditioning fan may have been slightly dirty & off balance. It was noisier than other H.I.E.s in which I've stayed. Just a little annoying whenever it ran (which wasn't often). Reported to the front desk upon our departure; the clerk seemed appreciative.

Room Tip: Get on the east side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood? Share your experiences!