“Comfortable but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Saint Robert
Ellijay GA
“Comfortable but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed 3 nights while my niece graduated from Ft. Leonard Wood. Good parking, very clean, big pool, nice exercise room , and a better than usual breakfast. The queen sized beds were way too
soft for my back! They did forget to clean our room 1 of the 3 days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kapolei, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from July 1 - July 4 to attend my nephew's graduation located at Fort Leonard Wood military base. Had nothing less than superb service. The front desk clerks, housekeepers and dining room employees were very pleasant to speak with. Lobby and room was clean. Thank you for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Snellville, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Bottom line up front this hotel does not recognize platinum elite status for those guests staying under the government rate and if using this rate they charge an additional fee of $10 per person starting with the second individual regardless of age. This makes it cheaper for a family of 4+ traveling or PCSing to use any other available rate.
In planning to PCS from Ft Leonard Wood, we originally placed reservations for 2 rooms listed as 2 queen beds standard, checking in on 5 June and checking out on 7 June. When we got an earlier move date for our household good I went to begin our reservations 2 days earlier but still checking out on the same day. The only rates available were 40% higher than our original reservation so I made the first 2 nights a reservation for a suite so not to exceed our budget while still giving us the same amount of room. A few weeks before the start of our reservation I stopped by the hotel to see what the possibility of getting 1 of the original 2 rooms upgraded to a suite for being a platinum member so we wouldn’t have to switch rooms halfway through our stay with a bunch of suitcases for a family of 5. I was told they could make a note but couldn’t confirm it until the week of the reservation based on availability, which is understandable, but that if we kept the original rooms under the government rate the property owners consider this their per diem rate and charge an additional $10 per person regardless of age starting with the 2nd person in the room. This is not listed anywhere on the priority club website or on our reservation. Four days before our reservations I received a call from a hotel employee asking about our 3 separate reservations. I explained the situation and then was told they could keep us in the suite for the entire time at the rates we had already reserved rooms at. I agreed to this as I explained the limits of our budget. When we arrived to check in the initial reservation showed for 4 nights at a rate higher than any rate that I had reserved or agreed upon for any of the 3 reservations I had originally made. Having planned on not switching rooms for the duration of the stay based on the phone conversation, we brought along everything we planned to take with us instead of leaving some unneeded items at the house until the final move out day when we would have been in the final room not having to move everything from one room to the next. As we were changing around reservations, I was told again about the additional rate charge under the military per diem rate. We finally decided to cancel the second room in order to stay under allowable budget for the move and stay squeezed together in one room. This was after checking availability at the candlewood suites but to no avail. The following morning I spoke with the General Manager and she confirmed everything I had been told even when I showed her that our original reservations made no mention of an additional charge she said there was, but offered to not charge us for our 3 children (2 of which are not even school age yet). The hotel was nice and the front desk clerks were nice and helpful to the extent the management would allow, but the discriminatory practices only towards those staying under the military/ government rate along with the secretive extra charges made this one of the worst experiences ever at an IHG hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear priority_club_trvlr,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Winnie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for our daughters basic training graduation. I have to say, it was Extremely better than expected. Indoor pool was warm and clean. The rooms were very very clean. They had a great breakfast and evening refreshments. The only neg. thing I could say, one of the vending machines were broken, but they did have it labeled and had called someone to fix quick. Very nice!~ We were greeted every time we walked in the door. Closer to the base than I thought. Very close to restaurants. If she happens to go back, we will stay here for sure.

Room Tip: Our room faced the main road. Did not hear any road noise. It was very quiet. I did not rate the res...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in St. Robert- Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be not only friendly, but as you wrote, "very, very clean."

Next time you're traveling through the area, please stop by and stay with us again.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Take care!
Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

First off, your GPS will probably have you exit too soon if you're coming from St. Louis, but just follow it, you'll get there (although my new Garmin seemed to be confused with the number).

Very polite staff. Nice room, but NO VIEW (not that there would be one on the west side of the hotel--faces the interstate). Our room (316) was on the 3rd floor above the lobby area and, view-wise, behind the facade for the hotel. We couldn't even see the parking lot (I like to periodically like to check on my vehicle).

I can't remember the term for this room, but it had loads of room, desk, love seat, easy chair with ottoman, fridge, table for two, microwave, etc. but because it was behind the facade (my guess) it was the same price as a room with a king sized bed and no other frills.

Air conditioning fan may have been slightly dirty & off balance. It was noisier than other H.I.E.s in which I've stayed. Just a little annoying whenever it ran (which wasn't often). Reported to the front desk upon our departure; the clerk seemed appreciative.

Room Tip: Get on the east side away from the interstate.
Devils Elbow, Missouri,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I really did feel as though I got my money's worth. The check out time was Noon which means extra sleep-in time. The indoor heated pool closed at 11p.m. and we had the place to ourselves. While the kids were swimming all evening I enjoyed the spicy hot tub. The free evening refreshments were a great idea and the free hot morning breakfast was wonderful. This saved me a lot of time, so I did not need to run to McDonald's with the kids. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend. The only negative I heard was at 2 a.m. an intoxicated female was checking in, but once she was registered it was nice and quiet. We had the room next to the front desk. My next visit will be in one of the suits upstairs.

Room Tip: A room away from the front desk. You can hear the quest's checking in at all hours.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in St. Robert- Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We appreciate your review and are very pleased your stay with us met your expectations.

We noticed you live locally and wanted you to know, it's wonderful to hear from our local community. We accomodate to many service members, but most people don't realize, we cater to locals too. Our hotel is centrally located near most restaurants and bars, which makes it convenient and safer for the guest.

Next time you would like to have a "local weekend getaway," we'll be pleased to accomodate you again.

Thank you for staying with us!
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Several weeks ago I made a reservation at this location in order to attend my brother-in-law's AIT graduation at Ft. Leonard Wood. Things changed shortly after I made the reservation and needed to add another night; they said they didn't have vacancy, so I made my reservation with the Quality Inn directly next door and cancelled my reservation with the Holiday Inn.

Just recently I was charged $138 because I was a "no show" in their system after I had cancelled my reservation several weeks ago through the corporate offices. After much back and forth with the manager at this location I was told that there was nothing that could be done because I didn't have a confirmation number to my cancellation, even though I stayed that weekend directly next door at the Quality Inn. Now tell me, why would I not cancel my reservation at the Holiday Inn and then stay at the Quality Inn right next to them?

I, for one, will never stay at a Holiday Inn ever again, nor will I recommend it to my friends and relatives; at this location or any other. A simple trip across the the street to verify that I stayed at the Quality Inn would have proven my point, and because some idiot in their corporate office didn't click some button in the computer system to finalize my cancellation, I was charged for not staying and no refund is being given. In my eyes, that's robbery.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Ma'am:

Immediately upon this complaint, we conducted a thorough investigation into this matter. The reservation system both at our property and at Guest Services did not have any record of a cancellation in their system. Any time a reservation is opened, by guest services or any other member, it leaves an electronic note that a phone call has indeed been made in regards to their reservation. Neither records indicated a phone call had indeed been made. Per hotel policy, the guest is automatically checked in at 6:00 pm on the day of their scheduled reservation. Upon making a reservation, each guest is informed of the hotel cancellation/no show policy verbally, before they are given their reservation confirmation number. If the guest does not call to cancel prior to 6:00 pm, the are automatically checked in by the system and their card is authorized. This is standard corporate policy and procedure.

We had no previous knowledge of the intent to cancel, since nothing had been documented or showed that indeed, a cancellation call had been made by the guest. For this reason alone, hotel policy stands that a no show fee is warranted.

We hope this better clarifies the matter at hand and reiterates the need for a cancellation/confirmation number whenever a guest may choose to cancel a reservation.

Kind Regards,
The Management of Holiday Inn Express

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood? Share your experiences!