“Get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 23 hotels in Saint Robert
Chandler
“Get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

motel is old and really outdated, rooms were clean but did not want to shower.. it was late at night and finding motels in the dark can be trying,, front desk person was nice and helpful, would not recommend to friends and would not stop here again..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Unfortunatly I did not read the unending bad reviews on this motel until after my stay. We stayed for two nights and in two different rooms. The first room we were in ended up having no hot water. Yes, things like this happen, I do understand that, but when you go to the front desk and they tell you it is a recurring problem on that side of the building that the owner will not fix, that is when the huge red flag goes up. We were put into another room. It had hot water, but only sporaticly. One minute it was hot, then luke warm, then hot again. Never again!! This motel was on a list from he army base as suggested motels. I am in the process of trying to get this motel off that list.
Now, a week after my horrible stay, I am still getting charges on my card. It is Christmas Eve and I will be dealing with disputing charges with my bank!!! Happy Holidays!!! I have never had a worse experience at any motel.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AMARILLO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and booked the hotel off of hotels.com thinking it would work just for the night. Boy were we wrong! The office was nice and the night person was nice too. We got up to our room and it looked like we stepped back in time to the 70's! The room stunk, heater worked on its own schedule. That was the worst part because the temperature was in the teens that night! The bed was extremely uncomfortable. Breakfast was continental but the bagels and bread were stale. The guy at the desk asked if we would mind if he listened to music since we were the only people in there. He puts his music on speaker as loud as it can go. His choice of music wasn't bad (Linkin Park) it's just not the kind of music you want to hear at 7am! If we ever go through there again we'll more than likely stay at some of the newer hotels!

• Stayed December 2011
Saint Robert, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I would not recommend staying here. Our room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Stains all over the walls. Smelled heavily of smoke even though we were in a smoke free room. Had bugs running around this place is disgusting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Until my stay at Econo Lodge, St. Roberts MO, near Fort Leonardwood, i thought bed bugs were a legend tale from the 1800s. Boy was I wrong. They rexist, and they are alive and well in Econo Lodge. I woke up after my second nights stay to numerous "bug bites that were whelted and VERY itchy. At the time I wrote it off as mosquito bites (maybe one got in my room) and continued to stay one more night. I woke up after the third night with more bites. Come to find out after i got home, and someone suggested they might bed bug bites that I did research on the internet and confirmed that is exactly what they are. It is noted that upon check-out, that i showed the front desk lady come of the bites on my hand and arm and informed her it was from me sleeping in the room (room 112) and she said she would look into it. I did not recieve a call back, an apology, or anything. I even followed up one week later and left a message for the manager, and am still "waiting" on a response. My bites are beginning to heal- but i take benadryl every chance i get. DO NOT STAY HERE---- EVER. I would rather sleep in my car then go through the hassel, sleep-depravation, itching, and possible scaring related to my recent stay. Not no mention, i requested a non-smoking and they said they did not have any and my room reeked of smoke to the point that i smelt like it when I went to work the next day. Worst expereince in a hotel ever-- and i travel at least once a month for work!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
martin, Ga.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Close to Fort Leonard Wood. The only room available because of the activities at the base was the jacuzzi suite. The desk clerk was great. She gave us directions to food & shopping. The room was older but clean. It had a comfortable queen bed & a good shower. The bathroom was the same size as the bedroom. It was too big with lots of wasted space. We enjoyed the 2 person jacuzzi. The jacuzzi room was overpriced & would not get again but would stay at the hotel again. But once again, the motel is old & in need of remodeling.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NewJersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Let me start with the coffee pot was broken,there were bugs in the bathroom and the room stunk like cigarettes. The two nights we spent there every guest I spoke with had a complaint but it was convenient for me to spend time with my soldier. The woman who works in the office at night is very polite and is always helpful,she is the only plus in staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!