“Nasty hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 23 hotels in Saint Robert
Saint Robert, Missouri
“Nasty hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I would not recommend staying here. Our room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Stains all over the walls. Smelled heavily of smoke even though we were in a smoke free room. Had bugs running around this place is disgusting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Until my stay at Econo Lodge, St. Roberts MO, near Fort Leonardwood, i thought bed bugs were a legend tale from the 1800s. Boy was I wrong. They rexist, and they are alive and well in Econo Lodge. I woke up after my second nights stay to numerous "bug bites that were whelted and VERY itchy. At the time I wrote it off as mosquito bites (maybe one got in my room) and continued to stay one more night. I woke up after the third night with more bites. Come to find out after i got home, and someone suggested they might bed bug bites that I did research on the internet and confirmed that is exactly what they are. It is noted that upon check-out, that i showed the front desk lady come of the bites on my hand and arm and informed her it was from me sleeping in the room (room 112) and she said she would look into it. I did not recieve a call back, an apology, or anything. I even followed up one week later and left a message for the manager, and am still "waiting" on a response. My bites are beginning to heal- but i take benadryl every chance i get. DO NOT STAY HERE---- EVER. I would rather sleep in my car then go through the hassel, sleep-depravation, itching, and possible scaring related to my recent stay. Not no mention, i requested a non-smoking and they said they did not have any and my room reeked of smoke to the point that i smelt like it when I went to work the next day. Worst expereince in a hotel ever-- and i travel at least once a month for work!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
martin, Ga.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Close to Fort Leonard Wood. The only room available because of the activities at the base was the jacuzzi suite. The desk clerk was great. She gave us directions to food & shopping. The room was older but clean. It had a comfortable queen bed & a good shower. The bathroom was the same size as the bedroom. It was too big with lots of wasted space. We enjoyed the 2 person jacuzzi. The jacuzzi room was overpriced & would not get again but would stay at the hotel again. But once again, the motel is old & in need of remodeling.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NewJersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Let me start with the coffee pot was broken,there were bugs in the bathroom and the room stunk like cigarettes. The two nights we spent there every guest I spoke with had a complaint but it was convenient for me to spend time with my soldier. The woman who works in the office at night is very polite and is always helpful,she is the only plus in staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Mantua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Good room with fridge,microwave and you did get shampoo, Staff friendly the only proble I encountered was they power washed the sidewalks and put debris all over the cars. Stayed one night cause I have reservations at the Star motel but arrived a day early. would have stayed more if needed but the STAR was 20 dollars cheaper and only 3 miles difference in travel time to base. they also don't charge for a fax

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I am leary of staying in motel type properties, but this one was great. I had called in advance and asked for a 1st floor room since I knew there probably was'nt a elevator. I got what I asked for. The hotel is right off the interstate and there are a few resturants and a convience store around within walking distance.

We were there for a basic training graduation and stayed for 4 nights. It was quiet and peaceful despite the fact that they were sold out. The rooms are nice and clean. The beds are comfortable. The front desk clerk was new and just learning but she was very helpful in giving directions to area locations. I never not once had any issues with this property and would recommend it to those who are not expecting the Hilton.

My only issue was the breakfast hours. They began really early and ended early, around 9.30am. I wished that they would have left it out longer on the weekend. But what was available was nice and hot. They do have WiFi but no public internet location. There was a microwave and fridge in the room that we used. The clock radio didnt work, but I was able to get a wake up call each day, so it didnt matter. Not alot of TV channels, but thats not the fault of the motel...its just the location. They do have a laundry on site that I found. At night I would see the desk clerk walking around the parking lot picking up debris, so I know they try to keep the parking lot clean.

St. Robert is a poor little military town that is substained by the post there. We drove to the next town over to go to the movie theather. The Ruby Tuesday is across the interstate and the food was good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
burleson, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Booked with Military.com. Thinking would get a good deal close to base. Well close to base gave me more time with my solider but was dirty, wall paper peeling. Smelled horrible. There is probably black mold with as bad as the smell of must and water spots. check in time did not match with registration so they let us check in early. Got the room on bottom floor that is in a aclove with the ice machine and washer. noise level was high. Do not stay here other places close by with as good of rates.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!