“Our Favorite St. Charles Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
St. Charles, MO
“Our Favorite St. Charles Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

El Maguey is a GREAT restaurant. We have a ritual of going there before and after our travel radio show trips. That way we have no dirty dishes in the dishwasher before we leave and we don't have to stop at the store on our way back.

My dad described a good meal as "quick, cheap and filling" Bingo! That's El Maguey.

The service is good, the food is great and the portion size is amazing. We order fajitas for two and take enough home for at least two more meals.

The Monster Margarita is huge. We think they have the best margaritas in the area.

Their soups are a meal and excellent on a cold Winter night. We have never had a bad experience at El Maguey in St. Charles, MO.

I just celebrated my birthday with 12 friends and, as alway, the service was good, the food was great and the price was right

Be sure to ask for their own hot sauce. it's perfection!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pforzheim
“Best restaurant in the St. Charles area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Love El Maguey and their excellent food! The staff is super friendly and remembers you when you come back several times. I have never had a dish there which I did not enjoy, and the food is usually served within 5-10 minutes. El Maguey is probably the best and most authentic mexican food that I had so far, and I mostly leave the restaurant with a to-go box of food that I was unable to finish. They just serve you so much for the price!

I also love to go there with friends to have margaritas, which are delicious and include just the right amount of tequila. They serve different sizes from which you can choose depending on how thirsty you are, and they also have happy hours with even cheaper prices. Definitely the best margaritas in the area!!

Whenever I have friends visiting, I take them here, and I never heard any complaints about their food, drinks, or service. If you are on a budget, this is your place to go, as you get a ridiculous amount of homemade food and margarita for a cheap price. El Maguey is also in walking distance from Lindenwood University, perfect for students without a car or who want to have a drink without having to drive. Only bummer - they close around 10 p.m. on the weekends. Wish they were open longer!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Good food, Great Service, Excellent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We just moved here from out of state and were looking for a decent mexican place. Went here on the Sunday of the big snow storm and yet there were still people here eating. That was our sign that it was good food. We weren't disappointed. Very friendly waitstaff, hot, fresh food and good prices. We had the fajita nachos which is something we love, but couldn't find at another restaurant we tried. Yum!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Good, regular Mexican fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Easy on the budget, El Maguey has great margaritas & good, consistent food. Clean & well maintained, this El Maguey has been in our neighborhood for years. Nothing fancy, just standard Mexican food.

Visited November 2012
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Great food and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good food and we enjoy the wait staff. Never go away hungry and the price is right! Chips and salsa are always fresh and yummy. Love the chicken fajita taco salad, I think that's the name. Clean and enjoyable.

Visited January 2013