“Wouldn't recommend!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn Union Station

You added Drury Inn Union Station to your Saves list
Drury Inn Union Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South 20th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wouldn't recommend!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

Me and my girls went to St. louis for a mini spring break vacation and decided to stay close to the arch and by the university..the hotel looked ok.. everyone there looked respectable, lots of families stayed there. After my daughters fell asleep..I soon fell asleep...and at midnight, I heard a bunch of running down the halls with guys yelling, go, go, I mean, SCREAMING, and one guy yelling a bunch of times saying, get down, get down..I was soo scared I wanted to pick my girls up and drag them out of there and leave, but couldnt open the door because I was so affraid of murderers outside in the hall! I called the front desk, and they said it was the cops arresting someone... and the next morning 2 cops were there taking reports or something and the managaer of the hotel wouldnt tell what happened, said he didnt know?? So, my point is.. for your safety, I would not stay there.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

I haven't been to St Louis in a long time but decided to go at the last minute with hubby on a biz trip. He dropped me and kids off at hotel. It is a very very old building, probably circa 1900. It has been beautifully restored however. The pool/spa is clean and adequate for family. The beds were comfy and room clean, although a bit smaller than 'modern' hotels. If you like character,this is a hotel for you. Covered garage parking, Free cocktails at happy hour, deluxe *FREE* breakfast, indoor pool/spa.

We walked everywhere (City Museum- a MUST for young children) however I later found out that this is a high crime area and we should get a cab next time! Union Station is awesome, lots of dining and shopping options. You can take a cab or short drive to the Arch and Zoo. This hotel is right in the middle. Suitable for business travelers or families wanting to experience the history and events St. Louis has to offer~

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2006

During a recent trip to St. Louis we decided not to rent a car for our first two days in the city. The Drury Inn Union Station was a great location - easy access to Metro and within walking distance of downtown. The adjacent Union Station complex offers a wide selection of restaurants and stores within easy walking distance. The rooms were compact yet comfortable and the complimentary evening happy hours and breakfasts satisfied every one in our party. Given the time of our visit there were plenty of families with small children and teenagers. We had no problems with any noise from our fellow guests. Even though we were in a ground floor room we were not bothered by any street noise.

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Drury Inn Union Station? Share your experiences!