It's not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in (actually the third worst), but that is almost the nicest thing I can say about this property. It is conveniently located off the freeway, but the immediate surrounding area does not seem to have much to offer except fast food outlets and a discount cigarette store.
Some of the guest rooms had recently (maybe in the past year or so) had a few updates, such as new beds and prints. However, our room had not been well cleaned in a very long time (dusty and generally grimy). The bathroom was pretty nasty, complete with mold in the bathtub, and uncleaned toilet, and unrepaired water damage on the walls. One of the sinks dripped constantly and the toilet never stopped running. The lobby and halls were hot and damp and most of the hotel smelled like there had been a leak.
There are two front desk staff who are competent and professional and probably belong at a better property. The rest of the staff seem harried and overwhelmed by the tasks at hand (perhaps they are under staffed). One of them actually vacuumed around us in the lounge because we had not finished our drinks by the 11:00 closing time.
We had a “special” rate of $109 ($126 with taxes), but a quick search of Trip Advisor shows much better hotels for the same or less. Spend your money wisely and select something else.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Forest Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Forest Park Hotel Saint Louis
- Forest Park Holiday Inn
- Saint Louis Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Saint Louis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Forest Park now boasts the completion of a multi-million dollar renovation, featuring stylish new guest rooms, flat screen HDTVs, contemporary lobby, and modern restaurant and bar. Explore St. Louis in the center of all the action at the Holiday Inn Forest Park/St. Louis. Ideally located next to Forest Park, St. Louis Zoo, Washington University, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Science Center, History Museum, St. Louis Hill area, and close proximity to The Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium, Grant’s Farm, Missouri Botanical Gardens, and Six Flags, this convenient hotel in Midtown St. Louis puts you in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.