“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Forest Park

You added Holiday Inn Forest Park to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Forest Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5915 Wilson Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63110 (Forest Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #70 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
San Francisco, California
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you're looking for a clean, quiet hotel room, this is the place to go. However, the location was not ideal. Although it was next to the freeway, it was not in the prettiest of areas. If you stay here, we recommend one of the delicious Italian restaurants nearby for dinner.

• Stayed February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear TheBigMuffin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the location of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Nice room TERRIBLE service. I was there on saturday, feb 15th. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was great but you can hear every bit of a conversation through the wall. The people next door were yelling and arguing all night. I called the desk and the night manager said he would send the guard up to check. Nothing changed. Called back 10 min later he told me he was not responsible for what people do in their rooms and was clearly not willing to do anything about it. When i asked him what he was going to do about it he told me "If our accommodations didn't meet my needs, i could pack my things and leave". I was the one being quiet and I was told to leave!! I was treated like dirt. I've had far better service at $30 / day hotels.

• Stayed February 2014
Ann Arbor, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel has been newly renovated and I enjoyed my stay there. The one complaint I have as a quiet sleeper is that the highway is very noisy. Fortunately you can control the HVAC system so I had the fan on high the entire time but I could still hear the trucks. Should have asked for a room on the other side of the hotel. Bar/cafe are a little "cave like" but other than that I would stay again. Good workout room.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Duration: 2 days
Purpose: Business

Typical Holiday Inn experience, except for two major caveats: first of all, outside of Margie the front desk people are (at best) indifferent and (at worst) rude. I had several interactions and was put off by the demeanor of two young women who worked the desk. There's no need to be rude! For example, when you call the front desk for the Internet code, they sharply tell you to look on your check-in card. I'm well aware of the code being on the card, but I couldn't find it...hence me calling the front desk. I happened to call twice and this was the reaction each time. It struck me as strange. Further interactions confirmed that the front desk people didn't care much about their jobs.

More significantly: when I needed to use the business center it was out of operation. This is the only HI property I've seen that has the computers directly opposite the main entrance. When I went down they were covered with trash bags, presumably because they got wet from the recent snowstorm (polar vortex thing) in St Louis. Perhaps they should move the computers away from the main door! It is not an exaggeration to say the computers are less than 5 feet away from the outdoors!

The only other notable aspect of this property was how wide the hallways and stairwells were. I wonder if it was something else before becoming a Holiday Inn? In any case, I wouldn't advise staying here given the poor service unless you deal exclusively with Margie.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Booked this hotel thru Priceline and clearly feels the staff did not like guests booking thru 3rd party. We've been using Priceline for years and got Holiday Inn many times during our travel. Our experience with Holiday Inn has been pleasant so far until tonight. With 2 kids, I always call after making the reservation to make sure we get a room with 2 beds. Most of the time, the front desk staff would kindly accept the request and reserve us a room with 2 beds. Or sometimes they would politely advise they would try to put in a request to get us a room if it's available (of course without extra charge), but always in a very nice and friendly way to make us welcome. Not the case with the front desk clerk at Holiday Inn Forest Park. She is by far the least friendly Holiday Inn clerk I have ever encountered (and yes we've been to at least 50 diff Holiday Inns across the country). She repetitively states the $20 per night upgrade fee and the altitude is basically forget it you are stuck with your single bed room unless you pay an upgrade fee and you are stuck with me on your date of arrival. She then "nicely" ended the conversation saying "good night"... Well I might be stuck with a single bed room at Holiday Inn Forest Park for this trip, but one employee like this would make sure Holiday Inn would never get my business again. Friendly and professional staff should always be one of the top priority of any hotel chains. Make sure you check out better biding before you bid to see which hotels you would get.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CoMo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Pricelined this room for about 50 bucks. The staff was extremely friendly, and when our remote didn't work, they apologized, upgraded our room, and gave us a $25 voucher for the restaurant downstairs. Rarely does one encounter such friendly hotel staff!

The breakfast at the restaurant was what one would expect from a restaurant built into a Holiday Inn on the interstate - pretty average.

The only negative thing about the overall experience was the ham 'steak' (do not order it), but hey, it was free!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HIFP-HotelStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your review!
We are so glad that you had a great stay. We take great pride in the level of personal service that we provide, our staff will be very happy to hear that we were able to provide a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Mocksville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel is rated 3 stars and it delivers. I booked this hotel through Hotwire and got an excellent price. I was a little worried about what I would find since I got such a low rate. But from the moment we checked in I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was above and beyond friendly, hotel was clean and recently updated, rooms were comfortable. I really do not have a single complaint about this hotel.
The only caution I have is...the hotel is right beside the highway. There is some muffled highway noise in the rooms but I did not find it bothersome.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HIFP-HotelStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We find it very important to get customer feedback so we can go above and beyond the service expected of us.
Our staff works very hard to provide excellent service and they will be very happy to know that you were pleased! If we are lucky enough to have you visit again, we will get you on the other side of the hotel away from traffic!

Been to Holiday Inn Forest Park? Share your experiences!