“Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Louis - Downtown Conv Ctr

You added Holiday Inn St. Louis - Downtown Conv Ctr to your Saves list
Holiday Inn St. Louis - Downtown Conv Ctr
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 North 9th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63101 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel - Downtown Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #99 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
“Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is now a fully renovated Holiday Inn. It's very nice overall. The rooms have new furniture and nice TVs. There is a nice looking small pool and a very small exercise room with a small handful of bikes and treadmills. There is a restaurant with breakfast. They charge for breakfast but the charge is very reasonable--$10 for a breakfast buffet. I was originally assigned to a room overlooking the atrium with no outdoor facing window. The very nice staff kindly allowed me to switch my room. It's not fancy but it is very nice, new, and clean.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wait until the hotel is finished remodeling before staying there. It should be fine then.
We were greeted with cookies and punch, which was nice after a long flight, but that seemed to be a one time thing.
This hotel is undergoing remodeling. I was there as part of a large group attending a competition and the hotel was not ready to be inhabited. Some elevator foyers had bare concrete floors and walls needed paint and light fixtures.
My room smelled strongly of adhesive. Few amenities were in room - no cups, glasses, hangers, waste baskets, tissues, clock or iron. Most amenities arrived after I asked the front desk. Many in our party suffered plumbing issues, from an overflowing toilet to one which flushed every half hour around the clock to shower faucets which blew off the wall when used, necessitating moving rooms. The beds did not have blankets, but a cover about the weight of a table cloth. The room was spacious.
The renovation itself will be good. The beds were comfortable and the pillows, which arrived the day we checked in, were good and plentiful. The towels were very new and did not absorb water well. The amenities (shampoo, soap, lotion, mouth wash) were adequate. The coffee maker worked fine, but no sugar or creamer were available. A small fridge was in the room. The TV was fine but don't think the cable was set up. I did not have time to try wifi. The drawers to store items smelled of chemicals. The lighting was good with individual lights above the bed and a dim light behind the headboards. We did not use the pool, but it was indoors and looked fine.
The location was great, just a couple of blocks from the convention center. Not sure about security, as the doors next to the revolving doors seemed to always be unlocked and often no one was in the lobby.
The front desk staff was polite, although I was annoyed when the clerk said he didn't want the rooms trashed. Not sure if he was trying to be funny or making value judgements about the fact the group was high school students.

Room Tip: wait until the renovation is over and don't get an adjoining room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - Downtown Conv Ctr, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Travelizgood,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to write a feedback. I'm glad to hear that you found some our amenities pleasing. However, I'm sorry to hear that your recent stay had been negatively affected by the ongoing construction.

Rest assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to provide great service to our guests. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area so you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Ivy A
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With renovation going on, there are a few things that were not finished. We did not have a trash container or a TP dispenser. While the main floor was clean, the room could have used a little more cleaning by the windows and the edge of the room. Overall pretty good for still being worked on.

Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We started at the Ramada for a large event in St. Louis. We were not able to check in on time due to complications with rooms and bookings. Once we were finally able to check in the room had several issues. The faucet for the bathtub was not affixed to the wall and literally FLEW off the wall when trying to turn the shower on. The cable TV did not work and the curtains did not close all the way. This was a problem since the convention center street lights stay on all night. We asked that the faucet in the bathroom be looked at and the first time the maintenance person just put it back on the spout and walked away. I called a 2nd time and left a note saying that they needed to check that the shower worked prior to leaving. As well, there were no outlet or light switch covers on any of the fixtures, no garbage cans int he room and the bathroom fan did not work (there was not even a switch for it). When I made my reservation (thru a 3rd party) there was no mention of renovations being done, but I would not choose to stay there again, even after they finish!!!! I felt bad for the front desk staff as our room was not the only problem and they were being inundated with calls, but they remained mostly cheery.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - Downtown Conv Ctr, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Elayne S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback. It is regretful to see that this visit was not 100% satisfactory due to the room and bathroom condition. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Dianne L.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure where to begin, I've never written a poor hotel review before. But, even once this place is refurbished, I would still skip it. Let's just say my room should not have been open to clients' use yet. 1. My "shower" became a "shower" for everyone in registration on the first floor b/c the faucet wasn't properly connected yet. 2. Even after the shower was fixed, maintenance still banged on my door the second day in the wee hours while I was sound asleep thinking I was causing another leak. Nope, not me. zzzz 3. First night my tv wasn't connected, so second day there were maintenance people in my room everytime I returned to my room to eat or relax. 4. The cleaning person kept taking toiletries, not providing them. 5. There was a stain/puddle in the bathroom when I arrived, I presume from a different leak, that was never cleaned. 6. My room was never vacuumed. 7. There was no electrical outlet covering in the bathroom, nor was the kleenex box area finished. 8. The lighting is the bathroom is lacking, I get the coolness of the backlit mirror, but it doesn't provide enough light for a shower. 9. My room on the second floor overlooked a public indoor/outdoor stairway which was used frequently, so I could never have my curtains open. Think cave. 10. I don't think I have ever come across a hotel that charges for coffee in the morning...the grab and go breakfast was bad enough - not including items that they said it would...bagels, cream cheese, etc. nope - but anyway, $2.50 for hotel coffee? No thank you. 11. At one point I was in my daughter's room (to get soap!) and we could hear every bit of the conversation going on next door. So, even though the new decor is nice, if they didn't upgrade insulation in the walls, this is a no go for me. Walls are paper thin. I didn't have this issue in my room b/c no one was next door. Hallway noise is loud also. I never asked them to comp my room, but they should have offered. 12. Pro's - location to the Jones Dome is good. The burger I ordered from the restaurant was good. The staff was trying their darndest - they knew they were up against tons of problems and they kept their heads up.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Dear JulienMike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. We work hard to ensure superior guest experiences are provided and we are disappointed that we were not able to live up to your expectations on this day due to the renovation work ongoing. As it is, your valuable comments are instrumental for us to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Despite this, we hope you give us another opportunity to host you again in the future and make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in November on a sports weekend to see the blues and rams play. I found the room to be spacious and tidy! The only downside was that I had hoped the tv's were flat screen. Within walking distance of everything I wanted to see

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bwind1,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are glad to hear you had a good stay and found our location convenient. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Connie D
New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Inn during a haunter's convention in March 2015. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the convention center and this hotel was right across the street, (of course, you half to go around the corner and down the street, but still across the street!)
My first expectations was that this hotel was going to be a disaster. I had read all the reviews about it being renovated and the poor service. Our experience was completely different!
We arrived at the hotel before check-in time, so we asked if we could leave our bags so we could go to the show next door. They gave us a ticket and told us that our room should be available by 4pm.
At about 5pm, we came back and the room still wasn't ready. They suggested if we wanted to go have dinner, the room would be ready when we go back. So we went to a pizza place close by (that's another review), and came back 2 hours later. There was a bit of a line, but people were getting their rooms, so I figured ours would be ready as well. When we got our room key, the nice young man told use that we would be staying in one of the newly renovated rooms, but to please pardon the look of the hallway as the carpet had not been laid yet.
When we got upstairs, sure enough, the floors were bare, but clean, or as clean as you'd expect with pulled up carpet. We went to our room and WOW!!! I have to say that room was just as nice as any 4-star hotel we've stayed at!!! New everything!! Even the smell was "New room" smell!! No smell of paint, no tobacco, no musty odor, but NEW!
The only things I noticed is that there were a couple things missing... there was no fire exit diagram on the back of the door, no TV channel listing, no "welcome package". But we were OK with that!
We didn't eat at the hotel or use the pool, but I did see some kids using it. The elevators were quick and were all working. I was quite impressed!!
On the day we were to leave, we asked for a late checkout since our plane didn't leave til 5pm. They said sure, but we checked out at 1:30 anyway since we were going back to the show. They kept our bags in the back room for us again. The bellhop was most gracious! I wish I would have gotten these people's names so I could give them kudos!

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side of the hallway face the pool, which is in the center of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - Downtown Conv Ctr? Share your experiences!