“Thankful only an overnight stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Hotel - Downtown Convention Center

You added Ramada Plaza Hotel - Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Hotel - Downtown Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 North 9th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63101 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select St. Louis - Downtown (Conv Center))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #88 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Thankful only an overnight stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel was great for our one night stay. We booked off of Groupon so the price was right as well. However, the night desk guy was too into whatever was on the TV to provide excellent service.
The rooms - bed was comfortable, pillows were tiny. The bathroom must have been under remodel. The ceiling had dry wall mud on it, the shower had a corner shelf ripped off, the shower curtain was dirty, the lotion bottle had been used.
Again, location was great but would never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The walls are paper thin. After being woken up at 2 AM by yelling and cursing in the room adjoining mine, I called the front desk to complain. The guests next door heard me call, left the room, and came back after security had come to check on my complaint. The group of men continued to taunt me through the wall until 4 AM. I called the front desk again, but the same thing happened. I am female and was traveling alone and didn't feel safe to leave my room.

The room was very small, but OK for a solo traveler. I was put in a room with a handicapped shower (I am not handicapped), and the shower head was at chest height, making it very uncomfortable. My room was on the 3rd floor right over the pool, which was also very loud.

The hotel has a good downtown location, but parking in the hotel's garage was more expensive than I expected. The staff was friendly, but not overly so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Some friends and I stayed a few days in this hotel over the weekend. The pros- Extremely clean and friendly environment. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spotless. It was also in a great location downtown. It's just down the road from Washington street which is a big party street. It's also near the big event venues. The cons- There were a few shady people hanging around the lobby. I stayed on the second floor where the pool is located and it was SO LOUD. I could hear children screaming all morning.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Priceline and hadnt realized how close it was located to the Edwards Jones Dome which worked out perfect. We decided that fancy, right down town hotel wasn't necessary since we wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel.

We got in late and we usually leave early but it was so comfy we all ended up sleeping in and it's now 1130 and not one person has knocked on the door and considering the pool is right outside the window, I was shocked that didn't bother us. Overall this hotel was perfect for the purpose and have no complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2013
Terre Haute
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

There was a rather large group of people I'm going to refer to as a gang. They were there at check-in, later that evening, next morning and at checkout, I felt like they were the hotel staff. I especially didn't feel safe with my two sons. Anytime I asked for something I was told it would be at front desk. I paid $100+ for our room. I would expect they could deliver. And I found two dirty band aids near the bed. For reference I expected friendlier staff and better environment. Best part about the place was bar and restaurant! Pretty outdated as well, again the bar was best experience and I felt like I should be tipping the 'gang'

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Plaza Hotel - Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!