“Nice stay for 2 College Visits” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2340 Market Street at Jefferson, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #58 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice stay for 2 College Visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I liked that parking was free and not valet. We were in and out with ease. Since it is west of the city, and the 2 colleges we were visiting were west of the hotel, it worked out well.

If you want to walk to downtown locations, this might not be best for your. But if you want to drive to locations, and not pay more to park, this is good.

I thought the room had a slight smell (can't pinpoint, but cross between mildew and musty), but my son didn't smell anything.

Room Tip: You may want to upgrade for $4.95 to faster wifi...we thought the free wifi was a bit slow.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will continue to choose our hotel during your childrens education.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
aclev
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Recently stayed here during our trip to St. Louis to attend 2 Cardinals games. Check in and out was very easy, no issues. The Bistro food was good as well as the service. Our room wasn't cleaned great after the first night but I didn't call down to complain. After being out all day, we just wanted to rest. I just called to get new towels as the towels that were put on our rack were really damp. Every other day the room was cleaned good. The location is great, just outside downtown. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to Busch Stadium. Would likely try to stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us your feedback. I will certainly speak with our housekeeping department regarding the inconsistency of your service. Please reach out to me the next time you are visiting and I will make sure your experience is a better one.
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked my room by phone and the young lady who helped me book a room was great. Initially, the hotel status was full because it was a busy weekend, but she worked and made other contacts to help me get a room. I'm so glad she did! Upon my arrival, the front desk staff were more than welcoming. The room I was assigned provided me one of the most beautiful views I've ever had. The room, itself, was clean and neat. I have nothing negative to say about this experience.

Room Tip: Third or fourth floors provide you with a great view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to get one of our rooms with the great view. I will share this with our front desk staff to show them what a difference they can make.
Madisonville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our family stayed here on July 5th we knew we were way early for check-in, but was pleasantly surprised that we were able to get our room at 10 AM. The gentleman at the front desk was
super nice he told us about the City Museum which was a blast!! The motel was clean and everyone we encountered that worked there greeted us with a smile. The beds slept great!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone a hidden gem in St. Louis..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I couldn't agree more with your comment about the City Museum, it is a blast and it is located close to the hotel. We hope to see you again on future visits to the city.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Halfway between downtown and Forest Park this was a great location for our 4th of July weekend. The rooms are spacious but dated. Housekeeping is efficient, but trash piled up at back door receptacle. Food available in the lobby bistro, nothing complimentary.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We appreciate you giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I want to apologize for the trash being piled up as this is not acceptable and I will look into why this happened. I hope the rest of your stay was good and thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I booked a week trip at this courtyard for business and used points/certificates that were going to expire. While i cant comment on price, the hotel is in a decent location but the service was not up to standards from other courtyards I've stayed in. Day 1, I used the coffee and cups in the room the previous day and they were not refilled by housekeeping. In addition, the soap in the shower was tossed but not replaced. Day 2, coffee still not replaced. I finished the shampoo/conditioner and left the bottles on the edge of the shower (should have tossed). To my surprise, the empty bottles were placed back on the counter in the bathroom. Day 3, still no coffee and now empty hair products. Spoke to the front desk and they would address the issue as well as give me enough to get by. Day 4, same problem... Had to go ask for more coffee at the front desk. Finally gave up and when asked about it at check out I mentioned these issues. The staff at the front desk said they would credit points back, but that never happened either (surprised). There's a residence inn around the corner and I have had great success at RI. This was not up to courtyard/Marriott standards and I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. We pride ourselves on service and we clearly dropped the ball here. I will be reviewing your comments with our leadership staff and we will use this to further train our staff. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Staff was friendly, but put us in a room where the toilet didn't flush. We got in late and had to pack by up and move. The air conditioner was real noisy and controlled by a remote in front office. They gave us a free breakfast for the move but just average food. I am a Gold Elite and never got my paper both mornings. Overall enjoyed the price and location but not impressed with the facilities. Probably will stay somewhere different next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to review your comments with our staff and the houskeeper that was responsible for your room. We pride ourselves in giving excellent service and we surely failed here. I did want to mention that we no longer deliver papers to guest rooms. We do however have plenty in the lobby and offer the Wallstreet Journal, USA Today and the local paper.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown? Share your experiences!