“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2340 Market Street at Jefferson, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #54 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Halfway between downtown and Forest Park this was a great location for our 4th of July weekend. The rooms are spacious but dated. Housekeeping is efficient, but trash piled up at back door receptacle. Food available in the lobby bistro, nothing complimentary.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We appreciate you giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I want to apologize for the trash being piled up as this is not acceptable and I will look into why this happened. I hope the rest of your stay was good and thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I booked a week trip at this courtyard for business and used points/certificates that were going to expire. While i cant comment on price, the hotel is in a decent location but the service was not up to standards from other courtyards I've stayed in. Day 1, I used the coffee and cups in the room the previous day and they were not refilled by housekeeping. In addition, the soap in the shower was tossed but not replaced. Day 2, coffee still not replaced. I finished the shampoo/conditioner and left the bottles on the edge of the shower (should have tossed). To my surprise, the empty bottles were placed back on the counter in the bathroom. Day 3, still no coffee and now empty hair products. Spoke to the front desk and they would address the issue as well as give me enough to get by. Day 4, same problem... Had to go ask for more coffee at the front desk. Finally gave up and when asked about it at check out I mentioned these issues. The staff at the front desk said they would credit points back, but that never happened either (surprised). There's a residence inn around the corner and I have had great success at RI. This was not up to courtyard/Marriott standards and I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. We pride ourselves on service and we clearly dropped the ball here. I will be reviewing your comments with our leadership staff and we will use this to further train our staff. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Staff was friendly, but put us in a room where the toilet didn't flush. We got in late and had to pack by up and move. The air conditioner was real noisy and controlled by a remote in front office. They gave us a free breakfast for the move but just average food. I am a Gold Elite and never got my paper both mornings. Overall enjoyed the price and location but not impressed with the facilities. Probably will stay somewhere different next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to review your comments with our staff and the houskeeper that was responsible for your room. We pride ourselves in giving excellent service and we surely failed here. I did want to mention that we no longer deliver papers to guest rooms. We do however have plenty in the lobby and offer the Wallstreet Journal, USA Today and the local paper.
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard in downtown St. Louis. I was there on business. Their staff was very friendly, the room was clean and well kept. I had no trouble, and would definitely recommend it. It's in a sort of central location, you're not right on the Mississippi, but you can get there with a short car ride. I didn't really explore the city from here, but if you're doing an in-and-out trip like I did -- this is a good place to go. Parking was easy and accessible.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for the nice review of our property. We are one of the few hotels in the downtown area that offer free parking and are far enough west to avoid the middle of downtown congestion. We are within a mile of 3 major highways which makes it easy to get in and out. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The location of this hotel is easy to find and right off the highway. It is also located close to the best BBQ joint in STL, Pappy's Smokehouse. This alone should persuade you to stay here. It is also a very short drive to places like the arch, stadiums, and downtown area.

The room was clean and the front desk was very friendly. I enjoyed the cafe in the lobby. Parking was easy and plentiful. The price was very good compared to neighboring hotels as well. I would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Allen, thanks so much for the kind feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you often in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My mother and I have been coming to this hotel each year in May for Memorial Day weekend. I love the idea that it is Downtown and walking distance to Union Station. I would like to say you have a wonderful staff. I normally do not post names but you have a couple of employess that I would like to recognized. Our first year and second year there we were greeted by ANNESHIA (front dest clerk), DOWIE and JOHN. These employees are simple AWESOME!!! There attitudes and customer service skills are EXCEPTIONAL SUPERB! They make our stay feel as if we are at home and we've enjoyed each time we've stayed at your establishment. This will be our choice of home away from home stay each May.

Room Tip: I love the rooms facing the pool with balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass this on to them and thank them for their great service. We look forward to your continued visits on Memorial weekend.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

After about 17 hours on the road my fiance and I decided to stop and sleep in a bed. It was a last minute reservation just before midnight. The hotel held our room till we arrived around 1:30am. Despite the time the staff greeted us with a smile and a quick little run down of the hotel. We crashed hard and went to get on the road but after the second recomendation by the hotel staff to visit the zoo and the art museum we decided to take a little side trip. Zoo wasn't really worth it (winter time nothing really open) but the art museum was amazing.

Hotel was clean and quiet. Only reason I 4 stared it was the parking lot was a little sketchy, definantly don't want to leave anything in your car, just in case.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I am glad to hear that we were a comforting stop during your long travel day. We are a downtown hotel so we have security on our lot every day from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable parking and do suggest that nothing be left inside your vehicle.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown? Share your experiences!