“"HOME AWAY FROM HOME"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2340 Market Street at Jefferson, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #54 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Memphis, Tennessee
“"HOME AWAY FROM HOME"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My mother and I have been coming to this hotel each year in May for Memorial Day weekend. I love the idea that it is Downtown and walking distance to Union Station. I would like to say you have a wonderful staff. I normally do not post names but you have a couple of employess that I would like to recognized. Our first year and second year there we were greeted by ANNESHIA (front dest clerk), DOWIE and JOHN. These employees are simple AWESOME!!! There attitudes and customer service skills are EXCEPTIONAL SUPERB! They make our stay feel as if we are at home and we've enjoyed each time we've stayed at your establishment. This will be our choice of home away from home stay each May.

Room Tip: I love the rooms facing the pool with balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass this on to them and thank them for their great service. We look forward to your continued visits on Memorial weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

After about 17 hours on the road my fiance and I decided to stop and sleep in a bed. It was a last minute reservation just before midnight. The hotel held our room till we arrived around 1:30am. Despite the time the staff greeted us with a smile and a quick little run down of the hotel. We crashed hard and went to get on the road but after the second recomendation by the hotel staff to visit the zoo and the art museum we decided to take a little side trip. Zoo wasn't really worth it (winter time nothing really open) but the art museum was amazing.

Hotel was clean and quiet. Only reason I 4 stared it was the parking lot was a little sketchy, definantly don't want to leave anything in your car, just in case.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I am glad to hear that we were a comforting stop during your long travel day. We are a downtown hotel so we have security on our lot every day from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable parking and do suggest that nothing be left inside your vehicle.
Redington Shores, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for business trip as it was within walking distance from the office! I can tell you my staff and I were hesitant about staying there as they did not have many of the Marriot perks were used too! However, MARVIN and NEEL ROCK!!! They took care of my staff and I as though we were the only ones there. These two gentlemen provided all the comforts of home and plenty of local resturants and taxi services to help us navigate the town. If it were not for these two gentlemen I would not have stayed at this facility. MARRIOT these guys did JUSTICE to the BRAND! Mar vin and Neel you're awesome and to are really a very customer oriented duo! Thank you from FLORIDA!!!

Room Tip: High floor very quite with a view over the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I really appreciate the kind words regarding Marvin and Neel, they are truly service experts. We look forward to your next visit.
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a major robotic competition. Marvin the manager rocks. The staff here is top notch, they all go above and beyond no matter the request. Hotel is clean and very comfortable.So glad we picked this location. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay during the Robotics competition. We look forward to your return next year and I will pass your comments on to Marvin and the rest of our staff.
Bloomingburg, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a typical courtyard, nothing special by any standards. The hotel is about 1.5 miles away from downtown so you will need a car. The cafe is nice to have since there are not alot of restaurants around the hotel. Rooms are just average, and service is as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that we did not come accross as special. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as a way of motivating them to strive for better service.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Everything about our stay impressed me. The location was great, not right downtown but it was a nice walk to downtown. We were in town on business so we were pulling a large trailer and they had parking available. We decided to stay an extra night so we could catch a Cardinals game. It was an easy walk to the stadium. The staff was great. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation. We agree with you about the location. It is considered downtown but far enough on the edge to eliminate traffic and other noises. We look forward to your future visits. Go Cardinals.
Tulsa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My brother and I go to St Louis a couple times every year and usually stay right downtown within a couple blocks of Busch Stadium. We've been doing this for a couple decades now and normally have great experiences. This experience was neither bad nor great, just very, very, very, average. Which would have been just fine if we would have only had to pay an average price to stay just barely on the edge of downtown. We apparently waited too long to get our room reserved for our first trip this year and had to settle on a place where we had never stayed and much further from the stadium than we ever had. We were willing to accept the fact that we waited too long and had stay a lot further than normal from Busch, and even willing to accept the fact that we were going to get "gouged" on the price with the hope that the hotel was worth the gouging.
Well, it wasn't. The staff was plenty nice when we arrived and informed us that they didn't have a shuttle but there was one that a bar across the street operated. Keep in mind that we are used to staying at the Hyatt and Crowne Plaza, right near the Stadium, so we had become pretty spoiled with great service and accommodations. We opened our room door and walked in to probably the smallest "suite" I'd ever seen. The bathroom was extremely small and the bathroom door squeaked more loudly than I'd heard probably any door squeak. There was no complimentary breakfast, or at least no one told us that there was, and absolutely nothing setting this place apart from any place else, other than charging us more than $100 per night higher than the super nice hotels right by the stadium.
I'm sure they probably figured out that they had the only couple rooms left and thought they would take advantage of some real baseball fans and charged them about 4 times what that room should have cost, since real fans will sacrifice costs to support the team they have supported for over 40 years. Sacrificing costs to pay for something that is worth the money is one thing, but to get taken advantage of is completely another. I don't believe I've felt this way in quite some time. Having to pay almost $600 for a 2 night stay in a room that, at the most, was worth $89 a night. And this evaluation is from someone who stays in hotels all over the country about 100 nights a year.
By the way, we never could hook up with the bar's shuttle, so we had to walk almost 2 miles to get to the stadium.
Like I said, the hotel is fine. Very average, but not worth over $250 a night. We'd stay there again if it was much, much, much less expensive. But this experience will definitely make me make certain that I don't wait too long next time to get my room reservations handled.
Looking forward to going back to our normal, "very much worth it" hotels next time.
Again, the staff was fine and the cleaning crew were very nice. But, we got hosed!!!

Room Tip: reserve your room wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in advance.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Matt M,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that you felt your stay was not worth the money you had to pay. Our rates were high during that period due to the high demand for rooms in the market, there was a lot of activity in the city. Our rates are affected directly by this demand as are the rates at other hotels. As a general strategy we are priced in the middle of the market and are usually about $30-40 below most of the larger full service hotels. We take pride in making sure we give the service required to make every guests stay a good one and again I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown? Share your experiences!