“Great casual Mexican fare” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortillaria

Tortillaria
8 1/2 S. Euclid Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63108 (Central West End)
314-361-4443
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #176 of 2,361 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Neighborhood: Central West End
Neighborhood: Central West End
Chicago, Illinois
“Great casual Mexican fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went here late on a Friday night with my cousin and her husband. It was perfect. Great margaritas, chips and salsa (they have a great salsa bar where you can chose from 5-8 different ones). Most of us had the grilled fish tacos. They are delicious, light and fresh and pair well with a margarita. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Baja Fish Tacos, Salsa Bar and Great Sevice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I used to live around the corner from this place when I lived in St. Louis a few years ago. I came to town for a business trip and made a special trip to the Central West End just for the Baja fish tacos because. The are good and at happy hour they are only $3 a piece! Add in a Corona Light an that's one tasty inexpensive dinner. Truth is, they are good and the ingredients are fresh. I'm not sure if it was because it was at happy hour or not, but the fish didn't taste quite as flaky and yuppy as I remember and the lemony sauce wasn't as rich as I remembered, but these are still way up there in the ranks of some of the best fish tacos I've had in the world. Right up their with some rocking fish tacos I've had in Maui. There's a nice patio (albeit on a busy street) and comfortable dining room with a salsa bar for those of us who like it a little hotter and more flavorful that your average joe. The service is awesome. I cannot remember how many times we were asked if we wanted more chips, how every thing tasted, refilled waters, etc. All cheerful faces even during a busy happy hour. Great neighborhood spot and worth a special trip.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
st louis mo
“Best neighborhood Mexican in Stl!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

For 8 years, my husband and I have enjoyed our local Mexican restaurant. The staff are the most enthusiastic crew we have met anywhere! They really love their jobs.
Excellent basic Mexican fare. and try the Cadillac Margarita.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa
“Delicious ,great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Ordered tacos and shared queso sauce and guac. Everything was well-prepared. The kitchen made a mistake on one order so delivered that and followed up with another correct dish in moments. We appreciate it when a restaurant handles an error so graciously.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Its Ok not the Best ive had”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group of friends for Cinco De Mayo. I thought it was just ok really didnt wow me. I can honestly say I would not be back. The food really lacked flavor. There salsa was blah. When I go to a mexican restaurant I look forward to the chips and Salas they give you while you wait for your food. Theres had no flavor. The rice and beans were plain. There street corn lacked that wow factor. The place is tiny and I felt like I couldnt breathe in there LOL Moral of the story I will not be back!

• Visited May 2013