“When they pulled out the wagon of toys, I knew the kiddos would stay smiling...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis

You added Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 North Second Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Hotel Credit
Ranked #3 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We scheduled an "in-town vacation" for one evening at the Four Seasons-St. Louis over Memorial Day weekend. It was such a treat! The hotel is gorgeous! (It even smells terrific!) The room was so comfy, with a great view of the arch and river. Pool was great for kids and adults! I would have loved to try the spa but not enough time. The kids were beside themselves! They loved it when we checked in and the front desk clerk pulled out the "Wagon of Toys" and they each got to pick one. Then they about lost it when they realized there was a tv in the bathroom mirror. My 6 year old is certain that we need one of those at home! To top it off, when the hotel shuttle failed to pick us up after waiting 45 minutes at our event, they made it all better by sending their limo. My kids were giddy!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Stayed three nights over the Memorial Day weekend, and enjoyed a stress-free stay. The room was excellent: modern, well-sized with lots of storage, comfortable bed with good linens, good towels, nice bathroom with good water pressure, great new LCD TV with DVD player. The room was very clean and well maintained. Had room service breakfast twice and it arrived EXACTLY when requested and was hot. Everything about the service of the room was great, except would have appreciated a bottle of water with the turn-down. Spa was beautiful, and the fitness room was large, flooded in sunlight, and had the latest equipment. Really the nicest fitness facility I have seen in a hotel. The outdoor pool was excellent and well used by young families and couples alike.

Had lunch at Cielo, and must disagree with negative reviews that I read. The prices are very fair for a Four Seasons, and the food was sophisticated and delicious.

Not to be forgotten was the excellent front desk staff. I have NEVER encountered a more friendly or competent front desk. When I explained I was having difficulty using the security key in the elevator to get to my room, the staff at the front desk did not hesitate to walk over to the elevator with me to make sure that the problem was taken care of, and this was a fair distance from the desk.

As far as directions, it is a little tricky around Laclede's Landing. Follow the signs to Lumiere Place, and once there follow the signs to the Four Seasons. Valet parking is pricey at 25 dollars, especially for St Louis, but I was never left waiting for my car; and the valet guys were really on top of their game. Lobby is on the 8th floor, which is a good security measure with casinos around, and you will need to insert your room key into the elevator keypad to access the guest rooms.

A bit of a negative is the location of the property. It is right next to the interstate, and although the windows are very new and soundproof, you will hear the faint rumble of the semis as they go by. Also, there isn't much around walking distance except for the arch. There was more to do around the Central West End, near the Chase Park Plaza, and similarly the Ritz in Clayton has more options available.

Also, eat at Niche in Benton Park.

I look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Stayed at the Four Seasons for two nights in Feb. It is connected to a casino and is clearly the nicest place to stay in St. Louis. Right down the street from the Arch this place has a very friendly staff and beautiful rooms, would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Unless you gamble in the casino or go to a baseball game, there is nothing to do in this area of town. It would be fine if you were busy with a convention, but not if you wanted to explore the city. I guess you could sit in the attractive bar and stare at the Arch or visit their nice spa. I sort of felt like I was trapped on an island--not my cup of tea.
I think the Ritz Carlton in Clayton is a better choice. There are lots of nice restaurants and shops near that hotel. You feel safe walking around that area.
The hotel is very comfortable and service is very good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This Four Seasons is a very nice hotel. I booked my room 1 week in advance for $280/nt. My room was on the 14th floor and had a beautiful view of the Arch. The room was very spacious, and the bathroom was nice too. The room had a nice flat screen TV and the bathroom had a TV inside the mirror above the sink. Great shampoos and soaps.

The hotel has great service. I forgot my toothpaste, and minutes after calling down, there was someone at my door with a free toiletry kit. Another nice service is the shoe shining. Just hang your shoes outside the door, and in the morning, they will return with a nice shine. A nice touch, similar to Ritz.

There were only two negatives. First, I had to wait a good amount of time before the room was ready, but not really too big of a deal. Second negative is the strange layout. When you drive up to the hotel, you arrive at the ground floor. After passing through the doors, you must navigate your way to the elevator bank. The reception is on the 8th floor. You must utilize a different set of elevator banks to go up to the rooms.

All in all, the Four Seasons was a very nice hotel, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Folsom, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed 4 nights, so we had a good look. To begin with, the website directions for driving to the hotel from the East were non existent, but thanks to google maps (which though incorrect) we made it. Next, this hotel does not have a shuttle to/from the airport which may be unique to St. Louis but it was a total surprise to me. The concierge arranged for a taxi, but of course at 0600 when we arrived downstairs in the lobby we were on our own...fortunately 2 taxi's were in line outside and one of them was available. We were a little surprised that the hotel tacks on $15/day for wifi and $25/day for parking. Rooms are nice, but sporadically serviced. Our traveling partner had no coffee maker while we did. On our first day coming back at 3 p.m. our room was unmade as was our partners. Since we had been out of the room at 0900 we were a little taken back. Luckily the housekeeper was down the corridor and quickly made the correction. One night we got a small foot pad by the bedside but not the other 3 nights. Ice and napkins came sometimes but not always. Coffee was not replenished one night. Baths are large but the closet doors open so that the way to the bath is blocked, in effect, meaning only one person at a time can be dressing. Large baths and ample towels but only the bare essentials. No extras here. I was not thrilled with the "rain forest" style shower. Our room on the 12th floor had a great view of the Arch but in the foreground is a blazing full building-sized neon flashing sign. Luckily the curtains closed tightly to seal out this light at night. On the up side the beds are indeed wonderful and amply sized. The front counter staff and the concierge were outstanding. Breakfasts were superb. We loved going down early for drinks in the evening and see the fantastic view (trying hard to ignore the neon building). This is still a new property and will no doubt improve in the future. Just not there for a Four Seasons yet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We loved this hotel, it was amazing. The service was outstanding, very friendly and helpful. The terrace on the 8th floor with a wonderful view the Arch and downtown is a must-see. Food was quite good, although pricey. (duh, Four Seasons) Kim, our conceirge was just great. Adam, at the bar, is an expert mixologist. Try the Neptune cocktail! The rooms were spotless and just beautiful. The only little negative thing is that it sits right next to the Casino and Lacledes Landing, and can be noisy at night. Ask for a high floor. Anyway, we absolutely loved it and will be back again.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!