“One of the best hotels we've ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis

You added Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 North Second Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Off Special Offer
Ranked #3 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“One of the best hotels we've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Great hotel with a super friendly and helpful staff, could not have been nicer or more accommodating with absolutely everything. Worth every dollar we paid to stay there and more. A couple of the family members did not feel well when we were there and they went out of their way to offer any type of help. Only small concern was the size of the beds in the doubles, which are full size, not queens, a bit tight for 2. The decoration and artwork is top notch, and you will feel very pampered. Our 13 year old son wanted to live there. One of the best hotels we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Hotel still seemed brand new. View from sky lobby and bar were fantastic, though I wish the weather was much warmer to enjoy the patio (obviously not their fault, but stil...) Got a rack room which was STILL huge. Bathrooms were equally large and well appointed. Dinner was good (tasting menu) but they struck out with the dessert (like eating a hockey puck), though everything else as well as the service were fantastic. My Two A.M. room service was great, though when you're drunk, everything tastes good. The Concierge was a particular standout: Found me a place to get a haircut on short notice, arranged car service, and was an all-around sweetheart. Never expected St. Louis to be on my future leisure travel plans, but this hotel makes it worth it...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

The Four Seasons St. Louis was great for our Valentine's Getaway! The hotel has a "select" feel-probably due to reception being on the 8th floor. It feels like you are stepping onto a club level/concierge floor when you exit the elevators from the valet area. Seperate elevators to floors with hotel rooms require a key card to operate.

We chose the "Heart's Delight" Package that included a deluxe room and the following:
*Breakfast for two in Cielo or through In-Room Dining ($50)
*Bottle of Champagne and chocolate upon arrival
*Complimentary valet parking ($25 per day)
Breakfast delivered via room service at 6:30am-great food, prompt and courteous.

Deluxe Room-sleek modern styling (European/spa-like furniture, plush bedding, large bathroom with water closet, tub, & shower, desk, chaise lounge, i-pod radio, refrigerator, floor to ceiling windows w/black-out curtains-needed for sleeping since the Vegas-like Lumiere Casino sign flashes day & night). Room size was a bit compact-especially when walking into room past the bathroom entrance (the dry bar is located opposite the cabinet-style closet; just enough room to pull a large suitcase into room but not enough for two people to pass each other). However, once you're "in" the room it doesn't seem crowded.

Take the elevator to the 2nd floor and walk down the corridor to Lumiere Place Casino.
The Edward Jones Dome is a city block away. Busch Stadium is located nearby, too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Imperial, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

IF YOU PLAN ON STAYING AT THIS HOTEL, BOOK THROUGH WHATAHOTEL.COM. YOU WILL RECEIVE A FREE UPGRADED ROOM, FREE $50 DAILY BREAKFAST CREDIT, FREE $85 DAILY LUNCH CREDIT, AND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING YOU WANT! We stayed 1 night at Four Season's for our 10th Anniversary. I was very lucky to find that website and we received special attention since they are a preferred partner through Four Seasons. We also received a room on the top floor with a great view. The room was clean, smelled great, roomy, had comfortable bedding, and the bathroom is unbelievable with the huge tub and a separate 'rain' shower. They use L'Occitane bath products which are very expensive and smell great. I can't forget to mention the T.V. in the mirror & the plush robes. It was hard to leave!

We received a free breakfast and we chose room service. They were on time, very professional, and everything was great. For lunch we dined at their main restaurant Cielo, which was also delicious and it had great views of the pool and the Arch.

The staff treats you like royalty! You can request transportation to drive you anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. We did not use this, but it is a nice feature. And if you get bored, there is a casino a few elevators away, along with multiple restaurants, bars, and a buffet. Another perk for using the website was that we asked for a later check-out time which was nice.

Downfalls: You have to pay for internet (I think it was $10 a day), you pay for parking ($25), and movies are $15. Other than those little things, it was a PERFECT anniversary getaway.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Only spent one night here (was attending a function in the ballroom). Very professional staff, without being stuffy. Ammenities are perfect, the bathroom alone would be perfect to live in. Don't laugh, but I could have used a bigger ice bucket. The one provided was beautiful, but very small. Received a discount rate on the room since my husband & I were attending an event there, but would have loved to had a room on the southern side of the hotel where there is a view of the Arch and the city skyline. Our view on the north side was of empty city lots, and debilitated housing/warehouses. I would certainly stay here again, and hopefully, utilize the spa offerings. Also felt very safe...you had to use your room pass to go anywhere in the elevators.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Saint Joseph, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I would definitely stay at this Four Seasons again. The room was really clean, and it had all of the touches you would expect in a nicer hotel. I think the Four Seasons does a wonderful job catering to children. We were in town (unfortunately) visiting the Children’s Hospital for my six-year-old. I told the hotel this when making reservations, and I think they paid attention. Immediately, upon our arrival, my son was able to select a small toy from a red wagon. In the room, they had created a dessert plate for him, with little cookies, jelly bellys, and a rice krispie treat arch drizzled in chocolate. His name was written in chocolate on the plate. He also had his own slippers and bathrobe, and loved the TV in the bathroom. The man at the front desk even took the time to wish my son good luck for the following day. (I do believe some of the things for kids are just standard at Four Seasons—but I don’t know which ones…)

I thought that room service was very reasonable. I was a little under the weather, so I only ordered chicken noodle soup, but my son had a kid’s meal (enough food for most adults), my husband a pizza, and our total bill was $36. When your dinner arrives on its own table, with fresh bread and a flower—I don’t think that is overpriced. (The food was good, too!)

The only complaints I have are that they shouldn’t be charging for internet –(about $10), when you can get internet for free with coffee at about any coffee shop these days. Also, I thought the parking fee on the bill ($15) was a little crazy, considering they are sharing the parking garage with casino patrons that get to park for free. But, overall, my entire family enjoyed this hotel. The following night I had to stay at another hotel for business (probably 3 star), and my husband and son walked me up to my room before departing for home. My husband said, “Well, it isn’t The Four Seasons” when we walked in. I do think The Four Seasons sets the standard in quality hotels.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in September 2009. In general the hotel was very clean, modern, and had a generally friendly staff. However, the hotel, albeit not their problem , was a bit small and had only one restaurant. I believe the thing that dissapointed me most was that the service of the staff was not that great. Everyone was very nice and willing to help, but it just lacked that 4 Seasons service you would expect. For instance in all other 4 Seasons properties I've visited someone was there to welcome you and show you around the place/direct you to where you needed to go..this did not happen.
There are people who hold the door open for you...although friendly most times they were gossiping with each other even while they held the door for you..not a big deal at all but this is a 4 seasons after all. Also, when checking out they messed up my colleague's bill, when approached they apologized, but made on the spot corrections that did not seem correct and sure enough when we got back, they were wrong. Also not too big of a deal, but he should have at least checked with a manager. By the way St Louis nightlife in this area during weekdays stinks!

Pros:

Very Nice Hotel, right next to casinos and Laclede's Landing, Rams Stadium, short walk to downtown area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!