“Typical Four Seasons Quality at a Bargain Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis

You added Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 North Second Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Hotel Credit
Ranked #3 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Chicago, Illinois
“Typical Four Seasons Quality at a Bargain Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went to St Louis for a concert and chose the Four Seasons because we love the hotel chain and the price was amazing for a Four Seasons. The hotel met or exceeded our expectations at every turn.

We were especially impressed with the service in the dining room/bar. The evening we arrived we had a concert to attend, but wanted a bite to eat before we left. We asked our waitress how long it would take for individual pizzas and she said 10 minutes. That left us more than enough time so we all ordered a drink and a pizza, but after 30 minutes the food still hadn't arrived. We told our waitress we couldn't stay and asked for the check for our drinks. She apologized profusely, comped us, and said her manager wanted to apologize personally. We didn't have time to wait, but promised to be back after the concert. We did go back after the concert, met the manager who again apologized profusely, ordered the same drinks and food we had ordered earlier and proceeded to enjoy it all. Much to our surprise, we were comped a second time. In my opinion, this went above and beyond making up for the earlier mistake.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cory C, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear thebestbeach,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I am happy that we were able to make up for the initial lapse in service. We hope that you enjoyed your show, and can't wait to see you again in Cielo.

All The Best,
Cory Cuff
Cielo Restaurant & Bar Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
Oak Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary, Hotel & staff were beyond great, from the valet to the baggage claim. The rooms were beautiful and roomy bathroom is amazing!The food was a little pricy could work on that. The casino was nice just very busy. Overall our stay was GREAT!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
FSHSTL, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear mickandmike,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind Regards,
Poochini
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

For you to understand how wonderfully pleased I am with this hotel, you need to know the backstory.

The last two times I was in St Louis, the Four Seasons had not yet been built, and I was put up at the Ritz-Carlton, the best in town at the time. My company had paid a full room rate for two nights, including the night before my arrival so I could get an early check-in at 9 a.m. But when I got there, I learned that the Ritz-Carlton had filled my paid room and now nothing was available. I was also told I could not check in until 2 pm at the earliest. They were completely unsympathetic to my plight--that I needed to be showered and dressed for an interview in an hour. They suggested I use the bathroom in the fitness center. A woman who took me to my appointments told me she knew of other clients who had had the same thing happen to them---no room on arrival even though the room was paid for. Overbooking must be an accepted hotel procedure at the Ritz. The second time I stayed at the Ritz, there was a flood in the room above mine at 1 a.m. A guest had decided to create a "steam room," and turned on the faucet and fell asleep. I woke to water dripping on my forehead. When I reported the problem. I was not offered another room. Hotel was full. After a long wait, engineering came to check the damage, then housekeeping came and cleaned up the mess and changed the sheets. I got no sleep that night, and they still charged for the room. I swore, "Never again...."

When I learned I was going to be in St Louis again I told the travel staff, "I'll stay anywhere but the Ritz-Carlton." I was thrilled to learn there is now a Four Seasons in St Louis. And this one is gorgeous. There is a glassed-in sculpture garden on the ground floor. Seeing that, you can already feel your tension ebbing away. The room was what you expect of a Four Seasons hotel-- spacious, understated, luxurious, calming, and thoughtful. I love a room with outlets right next to the bed. I appreciate the L'Occitane amenities. Our room had a huge window and unobstructed view of the river and the Arch.

A lovely, lovely touch: The pastry chef surprised me by making a chocolate sculpture depicting a book I had just published. It was a lovely scene with valley, mountains and trees. A work of art. And surrounding the scene were truffles. It was so heartwarming I posted a photo on Facebook and it received over 1000 likes in one day. I've stayed in Four Seasons hotels around the world--from NYC, Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Denver, Houston, Austin and Miami to Shanghai, Paris, Doha, Germany, and more. This one ranks as one of the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a few of the river and the Arch.
Dear Poochini,
On behalf of all of us at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, I would like to thank you for your thoughtful comments regarding your visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we managed to achieve an unexpected surprise with your welcome amenity!
You can be sure that your refreshing words of praise will be passed along to our entire staff. In a constant effort to please our guests, it is terrific to receive such positive feedback regarding specific staff members.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis in the near future.
Alper Oztok
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very pleased. Room was large and beautifully appointed with a glass oval shaped desk. Bathroom was gorgeous marble with dual-head shower. Staff was very attentive. Restaurant had excellent staff, wine, and food. Bar is attractive too.

Room Tip: Ask for 'Arch view' as in a view of the famous arch.
Dear BrucePMI,
On behalf of all of us at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful comments regarding your visit with. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our disaster began with the check-in process. We had to check in on the ground floor because the hotel had a private party on the 8th floor where guests usually check into the hotel. The young woman working the desk was like a programed recording. She rattled off every amenity that the hotel offered whether we were interested or not and there was no way to make her stop. After she upsold us to the suite, she didn't know how to charge the credit card for the additional amount and had to go to the back office to get assistance from a manager. The check-in process took at least fifteen minutes. Once we were finally finished, we had to take the elevator to the 8th floor and then take another set of elevators to our floor. This was a very inconvenient system.

Room service was good and came quickly, but was extremely expensive. We wanted to eat in the restaurant one evening, but couldn't because it was booked for another private party.

The fitness center at the hotel was large and had a lot of equipment, but a number of the aerobic machines did not work.

Overall, our stay was miserable. There are far better choices for hotels in St. Louis, especially at this rate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
FSHSTL, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Kathy B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience. Please contact myself or my assistant at 314-881-2001. I look forward to speaking with you.
Kind Regards,
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had a wonderful experience from the moment I checked in to the time I left. The staff could not be more attentive. The place is pristine. If I had to say a negative it is the 2 elevators you need to go up in order to get to your room. However, if that is the worst thing I could say so be it. The rooms are more then comfortable. I will always be enamored with the TV in the bathroom mirror. It is the little things in life that make me happy. The chocolate covered strawberry's the restaurant sent up to my room after dinner were fantastic. I will not be happy the next time I go to St Louis if I did not stay there again.

Joplin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We hated that you had to go to two elevators to get to room. The staff was overly intrusive. Room service was excellent but very overpriced 42.00 for coffee for two. There seemed to be no adult management on property the three days we stayed. They hotel closed the main floor for a group and didn't have the bar or restaurant open the night we arrived. We had paid the price for a full service hotel.

We upgraded to a suite for 50 per night for the view! Which ended up being over the train track that didn't allow us to sleep at night!

Room Tip: Don't stay here ! There are much nicer hotels downtown!
Dear JONJoplin,
In a constant effort to please our guests, feedback is extremely helpful in motivating the staff towards meeting the Four Seasons standards. I would like the opportunity to discuss with you further some of the details of your visit. Please call me, at your convenience at 314-881-2001.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Alper Oztok, General Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!