“Best hotel in St Louis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 North Second Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Hotel Credit
Ranked #2 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Best hotel in St Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hands down best hotel in St Louis. Awesome bathroom. Great outdoor heated pool overlooking city. One of the best beds I've slept in. I have stayed over 10 times And have never been disappointed. Connect right to the casino for more choices of nightlife.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

585 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel was large, 500+ feet and well appointed. The service at the hotel was exceptional. Really nothing to criticize. My only complaint would be you needed to take 2 different elevators to get to your room. My new St Louis go to hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I took my wife to the Four Seasons St Louis on December 15 for her birthday and, upon recommendation of a friend, made a reservation for the Chef's Table experience. I had not done that before and did not know what to expect. It ended up being one of the most fun and memorable dinners we have ever had (been married 25 years). If you enjoy unique foods, meeting people who truly enjoy serving others, great value, and trying new things, then this is for you! First, you get a table in the kitchen. That might sound a little scary, but after all this is a Four Seasons! Watching everyone work together was amazing (I have little cooking talent, so was impressed). Second, we met so many firendly people from a variety of locations and backgrounds, each one who took the time to make us feel like we were the only people in the place. The five different dishes were truly unique and of remarkable quality - one of the chefs took the time to explain the origin and preparation of each. And finally, it did not matter what we asked for, wanted or needed, it was simply taken care of with no problem whatso- ever. For example, I'm not a wine drinker, and each of the five courses came with a different wine. I got to experience some of the coolest drinks imaginable (trust me, you have not seen anything close to what I was provided). Also, my wife cannot eat chocolate late because of the caffine - I can't see how the special dessert they made for us could have been better than the chocolate dessert originally planned. Finally, the value was very high - the experience is priced to sell in my book. If you are wanting to provide a unique experiece for someone you really care about, this is one you simply must try. Bravo!

Room Tip: The south facing rooms, with a view of the Arch, are the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Weekend time can be precious, which led to only staying one night in St. Louis on a recent business trip. Fly in, Check in, dinner, sleep, game, and fly out was the plan. The location of the Four Seasons made the most sense for our plans, the assumptions of the brand of the Four Seasons made the decision easy.

There's a reason a name like Four Seasons defaults to an automatic smile when answering the "Where are you guys staying?". Genuine and not rehearsed customer care, attention to detail, and those extra touches that are too much to list greeted us upon arrival.

The layout of the 8th floor lobby not only furnished spectacular views of downtown and the arch, but had an easy flow to the front desk, elevator banks, lobby gift shop and bar. Easily a top ten bar for its view, service, outdoor space, and menu, the space was not just a meet and move on type of spot.

Drinks while watching college football and the lights of the arch coming up then led to dinner, and a quick stop at the Lumiere Place Casino connected to the hotel. The action and excitement of rolling dice and overload of adrenaline was quelled in the soft vibe of the lobby when returning. Fresher than fresh linens, every inch of the spacious room immaculately clean, reality crisp hi def television with just about every channel imaginable made for one of the best nights of sleep in years.

Flying halfway across the country over 36 hours for a dinner, a football game, and meeting with customers should have left me battle scarred. Nothing further from that could be true. The trip was seamless, and a delight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Awetsium_HM, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear nymike,

Greetings from St. Louis!

Thank you for taking the time out your busy schedule to share with our TripAdvisor family your recent visit to the Four Seasons St. Louis. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

The views from our hotel are absolutely stunning! Our team members are genuinely committed to providing the best service they can and we appreciate you recognizing their commitment.

Once again thank you and we hope that your next visit to the Four Seasons is in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I agree with the other reviewers. It is the staff that makes this Four Season's the most comfortable hotel I've stayed at. And I have experience with four and five star hotels around the globe.

They tooks such good care of me, I never wanted to leave. Everything from the valet to the nice girl who straightens the room and turns down the bed treated me like a long time and valued guest. Room service even learned my tastes and made recommendations for meals which even made those decisons easier.

And the view of the river is wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Awetsium_HM, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Chuck703,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis. We greatly appreciate the kind words about our staff namely our Valet, Housekeeping and Room Service. We take pride in learning the preferences of our guest.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. Whether for business or pleasure, we hope to see you again soon.

Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
St Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed two nights in room 1813 in November 2012. In the interest of conciseness I will limit this review to two issues only: what I found the best and what I found the worst about the Four Seasons St Louis. Let's start with the good; actually, the outstanding: the staff. From the incredibly efficient Jeffrey (concierge), to the astonishing beautiful and kind Jennifer at check-in, the ultra sharp Lawrence who worked his magic and fixed my TV, the polite and friendly room service, nothing was too difficult for the employees at the Four Season. They are competent. they are professional, they are cheerful, they are available, they are willing. I can say without hesitation that that the customer service at the Four Seasons St Louis unparalleled in the hotel industry. Now the bad; actually, what needs to be improved: the technology. In my room it consisted of a 720p 42in LG Plasma with a grainy image and limited selection of channels which only worked half the time, a Zennith DVD player and an iHome alarm/radio. That may be fine for the older crowd but for a younger, more technology attuned customer like me, that was very disappointing. I remember Best Western hotels 5 years ago with better technology than that. Sorry, Four Seasons, but for a 5 Star property, you need to do better, At a very minimum: ditch the 10 year old Zennith DVD player and substitute it for a Pioneer Blu-Ray; get rid of the iHome (really Four Seasons, iHome????) alarm clock and get something from Sony, or better yer, Bose. The 2007 LG plasma is also antiquated technology. Get a 55 inch Panasonic Viera 1080p LED or something similar manufactured in the current decade, 3D would be impressive. If you can, trow in a sound bar from Yamaha (and remove the misleading surround sound claim from your website; my room did not have that). Also, the channel availability is pathetic, really Red Roof Inn level, so fix please fix that also. So, five stars for service but 1 star for technology.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Regis_Figur,

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis. In particular the feedback on technological improvements. We will make every attempt we can to review and improve our technology from our guest rooms to our public areas.

On a separate note thank you for the wonderful note on our staff. Our hotel has a superb group of team members who take pride in providing outstanding service to our guest.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to St. Louis.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed one night to celebrate an anniversary. VERY COOL hotel. Classy, contemporary design. Wonderful amenities. The archview rooms are definitely the way to go. Eager to return in warmer weather when we can take advantage of the outdoor bar and dining areas.

Room Tip: The "archview" rooms are on south side of building and overlook Arch and riverfront. Grea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Larryray,

Greetings from St. Louis!

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay with our Trip Advisor community. The Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis is the perfect urban oasis with amazing views of the river and the Arch. A must do in St. Louis!

Once again thank you and we look forward to you celebrating your milestones with us as well as your quick getaways.

Congratulations!

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!