“St Louis only Nicaraguan restaraunt.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 2,549 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Central American
Springfield, Illinois
“St Louis only Nicaraguan restaraunt.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Excellent food, literally have not had anything bad here. If you have not had food from Nicaragua, you will find it a tasty, mild cuisine combining flavors you might recognize from Mexico and the Carribean. They have great rum drinks as well. The service is very welcoming. Seating is provided in doors and out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Overland Park, Kansas
“A great little find in St Louis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I met a friend who recommended this place, or I should say she had friends that recommended it & it was fairly close to SLU campus (5 min drive?) where I had just finished an appointment. This was wonderful find, we both love to explore new restaurants (well new to us). How many times do you get a chance to try Nicaraguan food? The smells when you entered "informed" that what ever we order it was going to be good. My friend ordered Canoa de Muduro which had plaintain filled w/ beef or chicken, she selected the chicken option. I ordered Chicharron de Pollo, (a deep fried bone-in chicken) based on waitress' recommendation. I also ordered native cinnamon rice drink. Everything was $7.50 on the lunch menu, & the drink was $2. I did take a quick glance at the dinner prices, nothing more expensive than $14. The Canoa was the sweeter of the dishes and I loved the Chicharron dish the waitress recommended, both were very good. The only thing that I noticed that was a deteriment to the place is very noisy. Voices, sounds carry very well & bounces off the walls. There is nothing that deadens the sound. If it has been warmer, it would have been nice to sit in their outside area. But don't let the noise issue deter you from a great food place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Found this place through word of mouth and will definitely be back! Food was very authentic! Was hard to believe I was in Saint Louis. Very reasonably priced and cozy.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Louis
“Amazing food and friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend is from Panama so I try to find places that would serve some type of food that would remind him of home. The good here knocked it out of the park! The empanadas were awesome and both meals that him and i had were awesome! I will definitely be stopping in here again. I love less than 10 minutes of this place and had never stopped in before..man I missed out!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great authentic latin food -opinion by a food-loving latina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food is great! We always come to Fritanga if we are looking for authentic and hearty latin food. The Nicaraguan-esqe food is always good. We recommend the Chicharon with chimichurri and empanadas!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere