“Absolutely recommended place to stay at the best location” 5 of 5 stars

STL Cardinals Tickets!
Ranked #50 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Springfield, Illinois
“Absolutely recommended place to stay at the best location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

As I said absolute great place to stay. Location is more than perfect. Stadium is in walk distance. employees are wonderfull. Unfortunaetly dont remember the name of the guy who checked us in but he definitley deserves recognition as well as the young lady at the desk was awesome. At night the bar was friendly and we have fun. bed were so comfy so we did slepp well and good rested. ***** star service. I give A+

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Northern Nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

This Hilton was GREAT! The service, staff, atmosphere location was OUTSTANDING!!
I was there with my wife for a Church Convention and was blown away by the attention to detail, the atmosphere, and the staff (from the front desk, the valet/parking attendants, even the shoeshine poprietor) was OUTSTANDING!!

If in the area again, I'd hope to stay there again!

GREAT JOB HILTON!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I was so impressed by the amenities, location, quality and aesthetics of the furnishings, the view of the arch and old courthouse, and the bed. But what really made this one of the best hotels I've stayed in was the service. The valets, bell people, and front desk were exceptionally friendly and efficient. The housekeeper, Dorothy, was phenomenal!!! She really made my stay special. I had a couple of minor requests (and a kind word) on a note, and she not only did them, and more, she wrote a note back. I could tell she honestly cares about people, and that made it a very special trip. (And don't tell anyone: I travel with a stuffed animal. She placed it on the bed just so---It's the little things like that that made this an incredible trip!)

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Sheena was very helpful and extremely apt to resolve a mishap that occurred at your establishment, pertaining to charges applied to my debit card. Sheena was innovative to research the problem after listiening to my concern. Sheena's attitude remained positive throughout the entire ordeal. Her conduct was professionally deomonstrated and never once did she come out of character. I truly appreciate her swift performance in handeling the problem. Please ensure to publicly recognize her for a outstanding job well done and of course in your meetings. She deserves it!

• Stayed November 2010
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Nice property, but nothing extraordinary. Has a large fitness center with a pool. Good size business center. The only meal I had on the property was breakfast and it was outstanding. A buffet with a great selection and high quality offerings. Also has a Starbucks on the property
This property is across an empty lot from the Cardinals ballpark. I was there primarily for baseball and many of the guests were there for the same purpose. The public areas of the hotel have photos and some memorabilia of St. Louis baseball. The Reds also stayed here – not sure if all visiting teams us this hotel. All of this added to the fun of my primarily baseball trip, but the hotel felt crowded, which could be annoyance if you aren’t there for baseball.
Location is not far from the Arch and is a long but doable walk (in good weather, at least) to the football stadium, convention center and casino.
Nice enough, but it is likely that better values exist downtown.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The room was very nice and had a wonderful view of the city. My room had access to the club level restaurant which would be nice if you were not at a conference, but when I went there it was crowded and there was a breakfast served at my meeting,

The cookies at the front desk were nice. The hotel is a five minute walk to the St. Louis Arch and is one parking lot away from the baseball stadium. the courthouse is just across the street (where the Dred Scott decision was handed down), and the football stadium is several blocks to the north. There are also several gambling casinos on the river that are easily accessible (I did not go, but some in our group did) There is a wonderful steak restaurant next door and the food at the hotel is also very good.

Our meeting manager was a lady named Emily Pigg and she did a wonderful job for us...she met our every need.

I like the proximity to downtown venues the best as well as the view from the room. If there was something I was less fond of, it would be the parking - Valet was expensive and self park was as well, but no different than other downtown hotels.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I travelled to St. Louis for the COGIC Convention and to say the least I wasn’t that pleased with the move from Memphis to St. Louis for this convention.

My attitude was bias as I regret the move of the convention; however upon arrival to the hotel we were immediately received warm greetings by doorman / bellman.
Check in went well and overall the process was smooth… the rooms were tiny but were sufficient as we were in and out the entire week. The cleanliness of the rooms were not up to par at all.
The tub had drainage issues and we had to call several time to ask engineering to look at this concern. The problem was never resolved and each time we showered there was a 30 minute wait between each shower… this wait is very annoying especially when changing throughout the day for various events….

However each time I called to express my concern about the tub issue we were greeted by Lisa Wilson, with a warm and pleasant voice always willing to assists us in any way possible to resolve this issue.

Upon check out, Mark Ingram checked us out and he was absolutely FANTASTIC; Mark exemplifies guest services and he is the one employee you all have on staff that made this trip worthwhile even though we had the issues with housekeeping and engineering!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!