“A BIG STRIKE OUT -- DOESNT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ballpark Village Sushi
Ranked #47 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Brooklyn
“A BIG STRIKE OUT -- DOESNT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We picked an awful time to go -- right in the middle of the Hotel Wheels Convention. The Hilton allowed these fantatics to run a muck for days where they sold their toys from their rooms. picture one big frat party that went on for hours and waking up in the morning to beers bottles and pizza boxes in the hallways. the walls are paper thin and the rooms are tight. security was of no help when we called and front desk gave us a bunch of babble. when we asked for directions, the concierge gave us wrong information. the service in the restaurant was slow. dont be fooled by the pictures on video -- the pool is very small. only saving grace was the Cardinals across the street.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

This hotel has consistently met my needs. I travel for business (solo female traveler). I feel safe in this hotel and the staff makes my stay a welcomed experience. The hotel is clean, the parking is easy to access and the restaurants are cozy and friendly. The bathrooms are unusually small ...FYI If you go during a Cardinal home baseball game, be ready for the street parties to entertain you!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
StLouis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

I frequent this hotel and always get great service from everyone! It never meant as much to me though, as it did when I ended up too sick to leave the hotel due to a bug I caught traveling. The staff went out of their way and never hesitated to go the extra mile. I never met Faye until that night when she delivered some food I ordered. She called back later just to check on me and see if I needed anything else and offered some tips she uses with her kids. I don't care how old you are, when we don't feel our best, it is always nice to have someone care, thanks Faye!
So when there's no place like home, but you still have to be away - here's where you want to be!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
little rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

I stay in hotels over 200 nights a year, this hotel has far and away the best customer service anywhere, bar none! It started with the check-in process and the effervescent Tier, followed up by customer service extraordinair Angela, breakfast service by Ms "yes I can do that" Eva, after being seated by Ms Pleasant Katherine and finished by the best front desk team around, Mr and Ms "how can we make your stay better" Bree and Jeffery. Our only complaint is that we don't get to travel to St Louis more often so we could experience this customer service focused team more often.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I would highly recommend staying here. The staff is great. The location is perfect. They have a complimentary shuttle that can bring you to nearby places (big plus when you are traveling for business w/o rental car).

The club level lounge was unbelievable. I never ate dinner out because it was so well stocked with yummy food: full salad, grilled veggies, hummus platters, and a different main dish each night....exceptional.

Starbucks in the morning is fabulous with fantastic service!

I am a diamond member, but did not experience the newly renovated rooms. Both of mine were "old school" (floral prints, etc). However, when I checked in I was upgraded to a suite. It was large and roomy but on the top floor and very loud. I thought I kept hearing helicopters land on the building. Turned out to be the elevator so I asked to change rooms. I called down and they said no problem but must have gotten busy and forgot. So, I walked down. The young woman at the front desk (Bree) was snooty and not very nice. I tried to explain to her that the other gentleman (who was checking someone in) was finding me another room. She acted as if I was the nuisance. She was very annoying. (guess I didn't look like a Diamond Member standing there in pjs and hair in a pony tail ready for bed!) I waited to speak to the other gentleman (Ryan...maybe?) He was very accommodating and gave me the keys to the Presidential Suite (not as impressive as you would imagine, but still very nice) without even telling me this was the PS. He was very hospitable and I forgot all about Bree's attitude. (But not enough not to mention! haha)

Walls are THIN THIN THIN! People next to me must've been vampires. They were up 2am getting phone calls, watching tv, etc. And I could hear every word.

But, all in all, a great hotel. You'll be pleased!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
nowhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

w were in st louis, ad no room, called the hotel. spoke with bre mandelia, she found us a room and took excellent care of us. we will definastely return to st louis hilton at the ballpark.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I have traveled for over 11 years for business and many hotels I have stayed at are just average. I do not expect a lot - I need cleanliness, but I do always appreciate staff that go the extra mile to deliver a hello or something that they know I need /like during my stay. Edgar in the concierge lounge brings me hot sauce each morning for my breakfast and uses my name to greet me. How fantastic! Scott the business manager left me a starbucks mug and gift card welcoming me to the hotel and thanking me for my frequent stays. Madeline and Bree at the front desk remember me upon check-in. The valet staff gives me a water bottle without me even asking. It is very impressive for a hotel this size. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!