“Hilton at the Ballpark” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Louis, United States
“Hilton at the Ballpark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Overall this hotel is nice, however, my room was average. I expected more out of a newly built Hilton. The room had no mini-bar and no in room dining late at night. Also, all the restaurants and bars were closed late at night (when I arrived).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Kaitin T
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Hilton Ballpark.
Its correct that we dont have mini bars in the hotel, nor overnite roomservice.
The overnight staff is familiar with local options available, I will make sure we do a better job of communicating this at checkin time, and Thank you for being a Hilton honors member!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Creve Coeur, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The service elevators were not working during the overnight New Year's Eve function. Staff and patrons packed the elevators, and had to wait sometimes up to about 25 minutes before you could get one. Some type of compensation should have been given. It messed up the quality of the stay, for such an important event as a New Year's Eve function.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cynthia R
I am sorry that the elevators negatively impacted your stay. We dedicate additional staff to try to better facilitate the elevators during peak usage. Please contact myself so we can discuss your thoughts further and to look back on what would be a satisfactory solution for your inconvenience. Thanks!
Mike
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent service and in-room dining. The staff was friendly, and rooms were exceptionally clean. The view of the city was also AMAZING! We came for our anniversary and it was worth the stay. The deserts for in-room dining (cheesecake and cramboule) were below average. The rest of the in-room dining exceeded our expectations. Additionally, the parking was rather pricey ($18 for self park and $25 for valet). However, that is normal considering in was in a downtown city atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark L

Thank you for your kind words and spending your anniversary here as our guest! Our hotel does have wonderful views of the Arch, Busch stadium, and city skyline depending on your preference. We look forward to your next visit, and feel free to contact myself if you have any
questions prior to your arrival!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great hotel and great service, middle of the January Arctic Vortex (-30f) and we checked in initially to a standard King Room. Unfortunately the room's heater could not keep up with the cold (best it could manage was 66f), we shivered through the first night after asking the front desk to come up and check the heater and being told it was working fine.
The next morning I spoke to Devon Sullivan at the front desk and i explained that it was too cold and without a pause he offered to switch us to a different room he was confident would be warmer, he was very helpfull and checked on us later to make sure the new room was ok.
it is this kind of unquestioning service you look for from and hospitality staff and he turned around what could have been a bad stay, no fault of the hotel that it was so cold.
Thank Devon we would definetely pick Hioton again if back in St Louis.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Neil B

Thank you for your positive comments related to Devin. I will pass this along to our HR department so we can properly commend him for his actions. Devon is one of many associates at the Hilton Ballpark that exhibit a "genuine" hospitality on a daily basis. It sometimes takes an unanticipated challenge for our guest, to show them we go the extra mile because its the right thing to do! I look forward to your next visit to St. Louis. Please feel free to contact myself with any questions.

San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is an average, somewhat shabby hilton that needs to be updated. The big draw is the hotel's proximity to the ballpark. Room service was mediocre and included lipton tea and stale crackers. Staff were friendly and helpful, on the plus side. The room was adequately clean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear CAGirl411

Thank you for staying with us here at the Hilton Ballpark and for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. The details about your room service are being reviewed so we can improve the quality of their service in the future. We appreciate that you chose the Hilton Ballpark for your past stay, and look forward to another opportunity to serve you on your next visit.
Please contact myself if you have any questions!
Thanks!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I booked our trip through Priceline for our anniversary. I called the hotel a week ahead to request a king bed as I know the bed type is always not guaranteed. I was told that my reservation was for a king bed and I informed we would be checking in late due to the long drive we had. We arrived late and had to beg the valet to let us unload in front of the hotel because the parking garage was far away. The valet gave us a time limit to unload so I had to unload and leave my wife with all our stuff while I parked the car. Got to our room to find out we had 2 twin beds for our room. The front desk person was very rude about it and I had to even tell him to ask the other Hilton 2 blocks away if they had a king bed because that is what I was told because no king beds were open. He offered us a queen bed underneath their Friday night club. It was so loud when the elevator opened, the walls were rocking. He told me to call Priceline to have them fix the issue at 1:30 am. He did give us a breakfast but did not seem to care. He felt that since I booked through Priceline, that I need to be grateful I had room. Mike the front office manager did make it right the next morning and gave us a king room which ironically was down the hall from our twin bed room. The twin room also had a busted AC since the temperature of room never got lower than 72 and ran the whole night. The king room was very nice and the hotel is very close to the arch. The whole experience was disappointing after a 6 hour drive to St. Louis.

Room Tip: Check which tower has the Club on the roof and stay in the other tower because you will not sleep in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul V

I would like to apologize for any issues you encountered on you last visit to Hilton Ballpark.
It's unfortunate we didn't have a king size room available for the first night of your priceline reservation, but were able to accomodate you the following day. We do appreciate your business and value your feedback about your stay. Please contact myself in advance of your next visit to St. Louis so I personally meet your expectations related to your reservation!
Thanks!

St. Louis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

For Large Groups I personally did not feel the the hotel lived up to our expectations. Elevators were extremely slow, water was cold in the rooms and the four couples we shared the floor with had the same issues with heating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Denise O

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced during your stay.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
Be reassured that we continue to review and address feedback our guests provide, so that we may continually improve our level of service and comfort during your stay.
Thank you for choosing Hilton at the Ballpark for your New Years Eve event, please contact myself so we can discuss some of the details of your stay further or, if you have any future plans to travel to downtown St. Louis that I may assist you with.

Mike H

Been to Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!