“MONG Joint Family Readiness Conference 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ballpark Village Sushi
Ranked #47 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Jefferson City, Missouri
“MONG Joint Family Readiness Conference 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

From Start to Finish, it was the most perfect event I have ever been involved in. From the beginning with Mr. Chris Barr who gave, us the perfect tour of the hotel. He put me in contact with Ms. Hilary O’Brien who gave me anything I ask for promptly including maps and directions and was very delightful in doing so. Upon arriving, we were greeted by Mr. Phil Blandon who greeted us with most friendliness smile and gave us our own personal very courteous concierge in Jon who did everything we ask of him. We check in with Mr Bill Simmons at the front desk that made us feel like we were at our own home. My accomplishments to the Banquet Capt in Mr. Senad, everyone enjoy the snacks they were fantastic and good all the way to the tummy. I got to meet Ms. Angela Mier who greeted us always that beautiful smile and did everything we ask of her. I also have to mention Joey from the front desk everyone I talked to said he was great and very pleasant to talk to and I agree he was. Dave Stichnote was our Audio Visual man he was fantastic and came to our recue every time we call him. Over all I would give this hotel my highest rating possible for a job well done. There was nothing we did like about this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room over looking the Cardinal Baseball Stadium which, was fantastic view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

By comparison to other hotel chain, this hotel is not worth the money I paid for. The room was US$199.00 plus US$37.00 of taxes a night. It has a king size bed, average size bathroom and closet, a 36 in. HD TV, a sofa and a chair and no minibar(fridge). Sounds like an average Days Inn or Super 8 hotels, with the exception of the price! For this price, you would think they would provide free wi-fi in the room - nada! Wi-fi in the room is extra - at US$9.95 per day. Free wi-fi is only in the lobby and meeting rooms.

After checking in, we found a rag that was left on the sofa by the cleaners. The coffee machine has several coffee packages but with 1 pack of sugar,napkins, etc. One paper coffee cup!

The next morning I had to go down to the lobby to ask for newspapers. I couldn't call them because the phone didn't work (was fixed later).

Room Tip: If you are a baseball fan, as for a room that faces the Busch Stadium (facing south).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I understand that your room rate cost was of concern and am sharing your feedback with the appropriate members of our team. I apologize that our housekeeping services weren’t as polished as our hotel and our guests expect. I’ve reminded them of the strict protocols we have for servicing rooms so we can improve our guest experience. Thank you for your review.
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent five nights at the Hilton a little over a month ago while in town for a conference. I'd had a very challenging day getting there and the check in staff were very nice and helpful to try and put my day onto a better course when I arrived. From that point on, all my interactions with staff were very positive. That's the main thing that stands out in my mind. The hotel is okay, but the staff were great. The location was good and there were a lot of restaurants in walking distance. The room was fairly standard, but clean and comfortable. I'd certainly stay there again if business brings me back to St. Louis.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side should have a view of the ballpark.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

After a long day's travel we ended up here and thoroughly thankful we did.

On check in we we're served by a man called Jimmy. Fantastic guy when we asked him about nightlife he recommended Beale on Broadway where a Kim Massie was singing. We ended up having a fantastic night although my head was a little sore in the morning.

Also the bar on the roof is a must. Amazing views of the city and lively.

I didn't think the rooms were much better than you'd get in a holiday inn but they were clean and comfortable.

Great location in St Louis, for the arch and the nightlife.

Highly recommend on the service from the staff alone.

• Stayed September 2012
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark. We were treated like VIPS. We were so appreciative of how attentive the staff was throughout our stay. Special thanks go to Phillip Blandon Guest Services Manager he made our day bright. The room service menu was delightful and the food was magnificent. The convenience of the buffet was awesome and the food was sensational. The facilities were clean and the lobby was bustling with happy faces willing to assist. This was a safe location for a couple seeking a romantic get away. Our children saved us and placed us in the care of the Hillton hotel. We attempted to lodge in another hotel but after ten minutes after arrival we were so dissatisfied our children requested to swiftly place us in the Hilton St. Louis Ballpark based on their previous stays and the reputation THe Hilton staff quickly booked us on the phone and kindly serviced us. Thank you Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark for making our St. Louis anniversary special. The City of St. Louis should be on notice that the Hilton at the Ballpark is a great place to stay for tourists.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton from September 2 to the 6th. If you want to be close to everything, this is the place to be. I was a little hesitant at first as I had read a few negative reviews, but I can tell you that none of them reflected our experience. We had an absolutely wonderful experience. We were there to watch the Cardinals play the Mets, perfect location if you want to walk to the game. From the moment we stepped into the hotel when Bill checked us in, to the moment we left we were very happy we decided to stay there. Also want to give a shout out to Vince and Lateesha (sp?) in the Concierge Lounge, they were so friendly and nice to us. We had a room on the 20th floor of the west tower facing the ballpark...AMAZING. We loved it so much that we are already looking at the 2013 ball schedule to see when we can go back. Thank you so much to all the staff at the Hilton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for a conference this past week- if you want to be in downtown St Louis, close to the sports stadiums and the arch, this is a great place. It's next door to Busch Stadium- my room directly overlooked the baseball field- I even got to watch a game from my room! The hotel has a great bar/restaurant on the roof called 360- it has fantastic views of the city on all sides including the arch and you can watch baseball games from there as well. It's got a cool modern feel with comfortable booths to sit in and firepits. Food is good and was reasonably priced for a hotel bar. I wasn't a fan of the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant in the lobby. It was your standard fruit, cereals, eggs, omelette station set up, but it was $18 and the food wasn't that great. The gym has good equipment- Precor treadmills, elllipticals and bikes as well as free weights. There's also a pool, but I didn't use it. The hotel is definitely older- there's signs of some wear in the rooms such as signs of past water damage by the windows and older vanities, but the beds are comfortable and new, they've updated the tile in the bathroom and added granite (not sure why they kept the older vanity though!) and the room furniture was clean and in good condition. The lobby has been modernized and looks nice. They've also installed this new elevator syste where you enter your floor on a computer screen outside the elevators and then you're told what car to take. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Ask for a view of the arch or the stadium. I stayed in the East to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!