“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange, California
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent five nights at the Hilton a little over a month ago while in town for a conference. I'd had a very challenging day getting there and the check in staff were very nice and helpful to try and put my day onto a better course when I arrived. From that point on, all my interactions with staff were very positive. That's the main thing that stands out in my mind. The hotel is okay, but the staff were great. The location was good and there were a lot of restaurants in walking distance. The room was fairly standard, but clean and comfortable. I'd certainly stay there again if business brings me back to St. Louis.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side should have a view of the ballpark.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

After a long day's travel we ended up here and thoroughly thankful we did.

On check in we we're served by a man called Jimmy. Fantastic guy when we asked him about nightlife he recommended Beale on Broadway where a Kim Massie was singing. We ended up having a fantastic night although my head was a little sore in the morning.

Also the bar on the roof is a must. Amazing views of the city and lively.

I didn't think the rooms were much better than you'd get in a holiday inn but they were clean and comfortable.

Great location in St Louis, for the arch and the nightlife.

Highly recommend on the service from the staff alone.

• Stayed September 2012
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark. We were treated like VIPS. We were so appreciative of how attentive the staff was throughout our stay. Special thanks go to Phillip Blandon Guest Services Manager he made our day bright. The room service menu was delightful and the food was magnificent. The convenience of the buffet was awesome and the food was sensational. The facilities were clean and the lobby was bustling with happy faces willing to assist. This was a safe location for a couple seeking a romantic get away. Our children saved us and placed us in the care of the Hillton hotel. We attempted to lodge in another hotel but after ten minutes after arrival we were so dissatisfied our children requested to swiftly place us in the Hilton St. Louis Ballpark based on their previous stays and the reputation THe Hilton staff quickly booked us on the phone and kindly serviced us. Thank you Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark for making our St. Louis anniversary special. The City of St. Louis should be on notice that the Hilton at the Ballpark is a great place to stay for tourists.

Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton from September 2 to the 6th. If you want to be close to everything, this is the place to be. I was a little hesitant at first as I had read a few negative reviews, but I can tell you that none of them reflected our experience. We had an absolutely wonderful experience. We were there to watch the Cardinals play the Mets, perfect location if you want to walk to the game. From the moment we stepped into the hotel when Bill checked us in, to the moment we left we were very happy we decided to stay there. Also want to give a shout out to Vince and Lateesha (sp?) in the Concierge Lounge, they were so friendly and nice to us. We had a room on the 20th floor of the west tower facing the ballpark...AMAZING. We loved it so much that we are already looking at the 2013 ball schedule to see when we can go back. Thank you so much to all the staff at the Hilton.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for a conference this past week- if you want to be in downtown St Louis, close to the sports stadiums and the arch, this is a great place. It's next door to Busch Stadium- my room directly overlooked the baseball field- I even got to watch a game from my room! The hotel has a great bar/restaurant on the roof called 360- it has fantastic views of the city on all sides including the arch and you can watch baseball games from there as well. It's got a cool modern feel with comfortable booths to sit in and firepits. Food is good and was reasonably priced for a hotel bar. I wasn't a fan of the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant in the lobby. It was your standard fruit, cereals, eggs, omelette station set up, but it was $18 and the food wasn't that great. The gym has good equipment- Precor treadmills, elllipticals and bikes as well as free weights. There's also a pool, but I didn't use it. The hotel is definitely older- there's signs of some wear in the rooms such as signs of past water damage by the windows and older vanities, but the beds are comfortable and new, they've updated the tile in the bathroom and added granite (not sure why they kept the older vanity though!) and the room furniture was clean and in good condition. The lobby has been modernized and looks nice. They've also installed this new elevator syste where you enter your floor on a computer screen outside the elevators and then you're told what car to take. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Ask for a view of the arch or the stadium. I stayed in the East to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A group of us went to the baseball game on Saturday and Sunday September 8-9 and overall had a great experience. The other reviews my wife and I had read are more then accurate when describing one thing.... the HORRID elevators. Im honeslty not quite sure how this place runs without 90% of the people staying making a complaint about them. Jeff the manager, the front desk staff and the starbucks staff we encountered were nothing but friendly and our room was quite nice and clean- not the most up to date room I have ever stayed in but all in all not bad. One thing we were impressed with was the food and service at the 360 rooftop bar. There was a line on Saturday so we skipped it that night but we went up before the game on Sunday to grab a few bloody marys and had a great time. We sat at the outside bar and Brandon and Michelle were great. The bar was full with people eating before the game but they were attentive, friendly and fun and man oh man was the food outstandig and FAST. One minor complaint that I hate to make but we did go back up after the game and their replacments were not as friendly... service was still prompt but the girl and an older guy didnt seem as thrilled to be there. We will be back and will continue to recommend this hotel to our out of town friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Canton, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went to a Cards game last night. We had heard that this was a nice place to stay so close to the ball park. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet and given directions for pickup etc. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and the staff all around was very helpful. However, when signing into the hotel we were told that the room I had paid for when I made reservations in MAY was not available. The had overbooked the king beds. I was way less than pleased considering I paid over $250 for this room the be held for me. The supervisor on duty ask if he could see the reciept of the online reservation I had made. I had it with me (if you make online reservations make sure you have it with you) and handed it to him. It took him several minutes to look it over, and finally he told the man I was singing in with some code to put in the computer. I did end up with a king bed room but not the one I paid for. Nor was I credited for the room I stepped down to. It didn't have all the amenties I had paid for.
The elevator service is horrid. We walked the steps several times because it was a 30minute wait to get on the elevator as when the 360 Bar opens one elevator is used just for those patrons. Thank God I was only on the fifth floor. The room was small and smelled of mold. The outlets in the room would not even hold in a plug to charge our cellphones or tablet. They kept falling out of the plug in. The bathroom is more like a closet. There is maybe 1cm of clearance between the bathroom door and toilet. The noise level is high. A band was playing downstairs till midnight. Our room was also next to an ice machine which added to the noise level. The lock between the two rooms that ajoined didn't work so anyone from the other room could have came into our room.
I will say the Starbucks downstairs is great!
Overall, I was hoping for more but just didn't get it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk staff goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability. I’m very sorry that we felt short of meeting your expectations and your feedback will help us to make improvements for all of our guests. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Been to Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!