After looking at reviews for my upcoming vacation, I realized that I've been remiss about writing my own reviews. I saw many unfavorable reviews of this hotel but our experience was anything but that.
The building itself is beautiful and the lobby begs for you to sit, have a cocktail and enjoy the beauty and history of the place. The station museum allows you to fantasize about the glory days of Saint Louis.
The hotel was walking distance (albeit long) to the arch. The art pieces within the park and the old court house made for great stops along the way. We even stopped to have a peek at a Cardininal's game on our way back to the hotel.
I did not feel comfortable walking at night as we were asked for money 3 times within a half of a block. There is a fun Irish bar/restaurant within two blocks of the hotel. They were very accommodating to our son.
The outdoor pool is lovely as was a much deserved nap in the cabana.
Our air conditioner broke on the first night and management happily moved us to a new room the next morning.
Breakfast was lovely. The waitress remembered most of the guests and brought our drinks every morning without prompting. She made for a very pleasant start to the day.
I recommend a visit to the Basilica. It is by far one of the most beautiful buildings in the world.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, MO, is in the center of St. Louis and within walking distance to Scottrade Center, Peabody Opera House, MetroLink and within minutes from Busch Stadium, Gateway Arch, Edward Jones Dome, America's Convention Center, and City Museum. The hotel is only 20 minutes from Lambert International Airport and has direct MetroLink access to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Olotels, Tingo and Otel so you can book your St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.