“Satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1820 Market St, One St. Louis Union Station, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Formerly St. Louis Union Station Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
The Polar Express
Ranked #26 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
Lombard, United States
“Satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

very good experience with very good staff, good & warm people & staff. Nice location, photographic view & beautiful location. Selction of the historical union railway station is really good. My experiences really help other travelers.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Taron G, Manager at St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear : Syed Lombard

Thank you, for taking the time to complete an on-line survey regarding your recent stay at the St. Louis Union Station Doubletree Hotel. We depend on our guests to let us know where we need to focus and improve our accommodations and service delivery, and I appreciate your kind comments.

Although you listed no problems, if there is anything that we can do to make your accommodations more enjoyable, please contact me via e-mail or telephone.

Your business is important to us, Mr. Lombard, and your loyalty to Hilton is appreciated.

Taron Gaines
Manager On Duty
Doubletree by Hilton at Union Station
314.802.3147 Direct
314.923.3970 Fax
tgaines@stlunionstationhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
bowie, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

customer service was outstanding and Brian at the front desk top notch w/recommendations for dinner. they are still renovating, but no noise at night. didn't have HD tv's yet. easy access to metrolink. the mall portion is a let down, you do need to hotel key to gain access from the mall to hotel. highly recommend.

Rose Hill, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We, as grandparents, took our granddaughter to St. Louis for the first time. This hotel is walking distance to the event center where we experienced the Katy Perry Concert. We spent many hours having fun at the hotel. The atrium is beautiful which is right next to the swimming pool where we spent a whole day. We also ate dinner at the hotel and the food was fabulous! All the people working at this hotel were helpful, extremely friendly, and made us feel like we were family at home. And Oh...those chocolate chip cookies given to us by personnel were out of this world.

Columbia, MO, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I hate to be negative, but the best thing about this hotel is the cookies, and you should get one everyday you stay. I called the day before check-in to see if there were mini frigs in the room. They said no but said they would get one in the room before check-in at no charge. Well it never showed up. Totally forgotten. There was construction going on we finally found out after hearing this knocking and buzzing the two days we were there. The first morning we were there, we found out they left us one cup of coffee each. Not good. We had to go out into the hall and look for a maid to request more coffee. One cup, totally ridiculous. To keep this from happening the next day, I found a second maid and requested more coffee for the following morning. We had booked one stay with Expedia,( the first day) and the second day directly with the hotel. When we came back to our room after being out, our keys wouldn't work. So I went looking for someone to let us in our room. I found a gentlemen who came back to my room with me and tried my key. no luck, they told me I had zapped it with my phone, WRONG. They had invalidated the keys because for some reason they thought we had checked out. The gentleman trying to help me needed a photo ID before he would let me into the room and my purse was in the room. So I had to go looking for my husband with his ID. All in all a big mess that should never have happened. The valet parking at $28 is way over priced and they did not inform us that the self park was as close as the valet parking, and good grief, it was $20 a day. At a minimum it should have only been one charge for your stay. I have never been to another hotel that charged you for parking while staying in their facility. The rooms are very outdated. The bathroom had no fan and the mirror steamed over while my husband was taking a shower even with the door left wide open. I had to stay out of the bathroom until he was done and the bathroom aired out. All in all this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. My husband paid the bill, but I would not have. In my opinion I think you should refund our money and that is what I am going to tell Expedia too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to post your review. I am so sorry that your stay was difficult and complicated--you can imagine that this is not a normal experience here at the Station otherwise we would not still be in business. I'd like to share some information with readers of this review to provide peace of mind for their upcoming stay. As of today all of our guestrooms come with a refrigerator; although this is not a DoubleTree standard we believe it is now a common comfort--so please enjoy. Each of our guestrooms also come with a 1-cup coffee maker with "to go" coffee cup, lid, and sleeve supplies for two servings. This is replenished everyday and if you know you're a heavy coffee drinker no need to wander the halls--just dial zero and we'll bring you as much as you'd like!

Regarding stays that consist of "multiple reservations" please know that guestroom key cards work only as long as the reservation dates allow. If you are staying with us for three nights, but plan to use three different reservations then you'll need to check-in/check-out 3 different times and get a new key for each of your reservations. To avoid this--just book one reservation for the entirety of your stay or be sure to ask questions at the Front Desk upon arrival. Safety and security is our number one priority and our staff should not check-in a 2nd reservation (into your previous night's room) without you present. This ensures two different guests, with the same name, don't ever get registered to the same room.

With regard to parking in major cities downtown hotels often do not own their own parking lots, but they do often assist hotel guests by collecting parking fees and paying the lot owners to keep things simple for out-of-town travelers. Valet parking is $27 and self parking is $20 a day; to put this in perspective we are less than other hotels closer to the arch and we charge HALF of what you'll pay in downtown Chicago. However, if you stay in one of our Hilton properties in the county complimentary parking is often an option.

My advice to all travelers is to interact with our staff upon arrival. Get to know the property and the staff and you'll find they will work tirelessly to give you a great experience. Here at the Station no one ever has to "go it alone" -- talk to us, and you'll find that there's no better place to stay.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer
Assistant General Manager
St.Louis region
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed here 3-4 times over recent years, always for a romantic night out. Love the location, not so much because of union station itself, but by location near interstate and lots of city attractions.

The highlight of this place is the grand hall... It is worth seeing simply for a tourist photo-opp. Magnificent!!!

Restaurant is quite good- not exceptional. Room quality varies a bit. Mot of the rooms are in recently constructed building attached, but nothing of the glamour of the grand hall/ lobby.

However, they have a sort of suite-only level that is very special, located in the original structure and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: For a special stay, request a room/suite in the old, original part of the building.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Monticello, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is beautiful! I really enjoyed the history and rich decor! The laser light shows in the lobby were amazing! You must stay and watch them all because each one is different. We very much enjoyed the pool with our children. The pool is very clean and makes you feel like you are at a resort. There are cabanas, pool toys and very nice pool furniture. Fresh towels were always on hand. The rooms are comfy, clean and quiet! Great stay in St. Louis!

Bella Vista, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a 2 night stay at the Doubletree Union Station St. Louis. The property look very nice, and light show in the main hotel area is excellent. I don't recommend the buffet. The food was cool, and nothing special. The staff was very nice and polite. Unfortunately the attached shopping area doesn't have a lot of business, and there are only two places to eat. Hard Rock was not very good. My biggest disappointment is the parking. The hotel "highly" recommends Valet, so I did it. I had to leave early on Sunday because of an emergency and didn't check my truck before I left. When I got home my new 2014 truck (2 weeks old) had a significant dent on the passenger side. Of course the valet company insurance will not pay because I didn't find the dent before I left. If you stay here, and use valet, check your car before and after every time you use it. Don't leave with out checking it carefully. I'm going to try the Westin by the Ballpark my next trip to St. Louis.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your feedback with our Restaurant Manager regarding the food temp the weekend of your visit, (15th-17th I believe). I think with a small adjustment and quality check we can prevent this from happening again. Landry's Seafood and Hard Rock Cafe are the two stand-alone restaurants besides the hotel's own Station Grille. In addition there is a 2nd floor food-court that has a few "fast food" options as well. Regarding to the Union Station retail portion any vacant spaces are done deliberately as renovation of this space will begin in 2015. Speaking to you last week regards to your vehicle I am very sorry; having a dent on a newly purchased vehicle is not a happy thought. After speaking to you over the phone we did review parking lot cameras, and interviewed staff that handled your vehicle. As the valet company is separate from the hotel we would have happily shared any news/evidence of the accident. After reviewing video of your truck during the two-overnight stays there wasn't an instance that showed when it could have happened. No matter how or where it happened, I am very sorry that it did.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer
Assistant General Manager

Been to St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!