“Don't waste your time” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caleco's Restaurants & Bars

Caleco's Restaurants & Bars
101 N Broadway, Saint Louis, MO 63102-2715 (Downtown)
(314) 421-0708
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #262 of 2,361 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Walked into Caleco's (St. Louis) around 1100pm and sat at one of the many open tables. There was a couple next to my wife and I and their food looked good. Unfortunately we never had the opportunity to taste the food because a waiter, nor any staff member, stopped by our table to take our order or greet us.
Thought we'd give them more of chance, although it was not busy, so we moved up to the bar - sitting right in front of the bartender. She looked right through us and went over to the other side of the bar. Hoping she just was busy and planning to stop back by we waited a moment as she made her way back towards us, only to talk to the gentlemen that sat down at the bar AFTER us and right next to us.
We got up and left.
This is the poorest review I have given and if you read my other reviews I am very fair. I will be reluctant to give this restaurant another chance.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Nice downtown spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

After a long day of driving in snow and rain we were in need of a quiet supper in walking distance of our hotel -- near the Arch and Historic Courthouse. Caleco filled the bill nicely. It's sports bar themed -- reasonably priced with decently-sized portions and a varied menu. We shared a salad and seafood linguine -- with a nice red sauce. Servers were really nice and accommodated our sharing plan with extra plates and a smile. Unlike many sports bars, the atmosphere was nicely lighted and not overly noisy. While this is not a "spectacular" restaurant, I definitely recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
United States
“They make everything.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place has a little bit of everything but they are not masters of anything in particular. I don't mean this in a bad way at all.
This is a convenient place to go if you are in downtown Saint Louis. I haven't had anything that would make me go out of my way to go here, but everything I have had here has been good and the atmosphere is nice. Caleco's is good...just not great.

Visited February 2013
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Great sevice, awesome food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Typical sports bar themed restaurant, but very friendly service, good food, and reasonable prices. We walk around the city all day and this was a great rest for lunch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Great atmosphere...reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

While staying in the heart of downtown St. Louis at the Hyatt Regency, we walked one block west and discovered this local restaurant. It was cool... my two young kids also enjoyed it.... there was a giant fish tank, a train track running on the ceiling. Food was great, drinks were good. All in all a great place. They serve a little bit of everything here. So any hunger should be satisfied here.

Visited December 2012