“Creative Recipes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mango Peruvian Cuisine

Mango Peruvian Cuisine
1101 Lucas Ave, Saint Louis, MO (Downtown)
3146219993
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mango Peruvian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,524 restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: South American, Peruvian, Fusion, Pan-Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: Metro Link to the Convention Center (6th & Washington Ave) stop and then West 5 blocks on Washington to 11th Street.
Dodgeville
“Creative Recipes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Mango Peruvian Cuisine serves well-prepared and creative dishes with a Peruvian flare.
Its atmosphere was overall, good, but some tables are in drafty locations and others
are too loud. Service was more than attentive; sometimes I would rather have a dish in front
of me as the last forkful of food enters my mouth. I split two seafood dishes. Both were fresh and tasty with a little heat in the spice department. If you would like to try some new well-designed dishes, Mango is a fine choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Awesome cocktails and desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was our second visit to Mango. In May, my husband and I were alone on a trip. This visit we had our 13 and 11 year old daughters. We had the same waiter, Patrick, on both visits. He is both friendly and helpful about making dining choices. It is Peruvian, but some of the dishes are more traditional than others. Many of the flavors and ingredients are similar to the flavors you will find in the Caribbean. Definitely try the Aji de Gallina. I believe that it is one of the traditional Peruvian dishes. It is a little spicy and has the rich flavors of a slow cooked meal.

Absolutely have a cocktail and dessert. I hate beer so I order cocktails when dining out. I have only had 2 cocktails at Mango, but they are 2 of the best cocktails I have ever had. They were dangerous--an expert blend of alcohol and mixers. You could taste the alcohol, but it didn't leave you with that burn of strong liquor in the back of your throat. I had a Crackberry and a South American Daiquiri. Both were slightly sweet, but not syrupy. The flavors of the mixers perfectly complimented the alcohol.

Despite being full, my family and I consumed 3 desserts--a sponge cake, a chocolate torte, and a plantain dish--in record time. If forced to choose, I would pick the chocolate torte as my favorite, but all were incredible. The cakes were moist. The accompanying sauces for the sponge cake were flavorful and not overpowering. The ice cream with the plantains had enough flavor to compliment the plantain.

Ashland, OR
“Great Find - Solid Food & Nice Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Worth checking out this place on your next trip to St. Louis. Very attentive service, good food (though I did have the Happy Hour Bar menu). Great drinks, and awesome atmosphere.

Nice find in St. Louis which didn't seem to have many good restaurants downtown.

St. Louis, Missouri
“TOP SCHELF...FOOD, DRINK, AND ATMOSPHERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I visited Mango on a Saturday night. we weren't real sure what to expect with Peruvian food. Wow! Everything we ordered was spectacular. The empanadas, the amazing chicken soup, pasta with huge shrimp, even the salad was a notch above most salads. And the Mango Mojitos were awesome as well. Nice location just off the busy area of the Loft district. Had a great seat at the window, Fun place....great bar too. We definitely will be back.

Mount Vernon, Illinois, United States
“A must "eat" in Saint Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I are always up for trying new restaurants and this one did not disappoint. From the second that we walked in, the service was outstanding. The server took the time to explain the menu which helped in ordering. The portions are large, so we split an appetizer and also the aji de Gallina. We called it "Peruvian Comfort Food". We have been back numerous times and try and take friends or family with us each visit.

• Visited June 2013