“Absolute Gem of St. Louis Getaways” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fleur-De-Lys Mansion

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Fleur-De-Lys Mansion
You added Fleur-De-Lys Mansion to your Saves list
3500 Russell Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63104   |
Special Offer
Special Fall,Winter Rates
Ranked #1 of 27 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
St. Louis
“Absolute Gem of St. Louis Getaways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Fleur De-Lys Mansion for our first wedding anniversary and were completely blown away! From the moment we approached the front entrance to the moment we drove away peering back at the gate, we were treated like royalty. Jan was wonderful, pleasant, and very kind when she greeted us at the door. We were given a tour of the Mansion that was very informative and then shown our room and left to our privacy.
Jan and Dave made themselves available to us for questions and small talk, but left us to ourselves when we desired as well. They were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the area and local attractions. Jan is also a wonderful cook. Our breakfast was very filling and tasty, combining traditional and unique ingredients.
We will definitely be back again and again! All of the little attention to detail is really what makes this place special. Sheets washed in lavender water, towel warmers in every bathroom, fresh baked cookies waiting when you arrive, subtle classy music piped into every room downstairs, and liqueurs to cap off your night by the piano or take it outside to the pond. We highly recommend a nightly viewing of the pond and garden area. The lighting and attention to detail payed in this area are amazing and not to be missed!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Needless to say, fifty years of marriage deserves a very special and private celebration. Our expectations were very high and it would have been extremely disappointing if they had not been met. I am pleased to be able to say that they were met and exceeded.

The accommodations were just what you would hope for in a stately old mansion. The rooms were beautifully appointed and impeccably clean. The lavish and supremely comfortable bed was simply unbelievable. Jan and Dave do their best (and succeed marvelously) to make you feel you are among old friends, without seeming the least bit intrusive. The breakfasts are prepared and served in an intimate setting by Jan and Dave personally, and are both visually appealing and delicious. These were not your average breakfasts, they were real gourmet delights! There were so many special touches, like the platter of home made cookies waiting by the back door at all times, the “snack” cabinet stocked with ice, cold beverages and snacks just to name a few.

Those who choose to enjoy the optional private dinner prepared by Dawn Landes (a chef of remarkable talent) are in for a rare treat, the memory of which will linger long after the meal is finished. I would be hard pressed to find anything that would improve upon the delightful presentation or the fabulous taste of the food. Our own dinner, selected by us and prepared by Dawn just for us, served in the beautiful private dinning room with candles, Champaign, and soft romantic music gave us the wonderful opportunity to reminisce, toast our past and our future and create a memory that we will both cherish for the rest of our lives.

All things considered, it was the most enjoyable three days I can remember.

Jacksonville Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

The Fleur De-Lys Mansion is a very beautiful historic B&B and Jan and Dave Seifert are very nice people. My arrival was not smooth and was met with an empty B&B. It took several phone calls and a 15 minute wait time on the front porch alone before the inn keepers were there to check me in. I also did not find the location of the property to be as "close to night life and entertainment" as I was led to believe it was in the phone interview before booking. To walk anyplace your going to go at least 15 blocks and I would not do it at night. Taking a cab was the more logical option but very pricey. I also found my dietary needs were disregarded even after extensive consultation before booking, after all I was staying at a "bed and breakfast", food was expected as part of my room rate. I was not accommodated in that area in the slightest. I was served a fruit my first morning and had to purchase and cook my breakfast the following. Organic coffee was not available or brewed when I woke. At no point were offers were made to reconcile the situation. I found that the most disappointing part of my stay. I guess they figured I would just make do and too bad.
On a positive note it was quiet, clean and relaxing. My room, Botanical Garden, was very comfortable and had everything you could need to to enjoy your stay. I slept well each night and found the hot tub options a nice added feature after my long days of sight seeing. However, for the reasons above, I would not recommended The Fleur-De-Lys Mansion to anyone who prefers a stay closer to "safe" urban culture, fine dining, and St Louis attractions. And definitely not to those who have dietary restrictions such as vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and or exclusively organic. Had they taken more time planning out my stay (finding local markets, restaurants and activities of like mindedness to the guest) and giving me a bit more personal attention in the areas I had requested prior to my stay, (planning an appropriate breakfast menu, snacks, beverages) my overall ratings would have been significantly higher.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
luxurybnb, Owner at Fleur-De-Lys Mansion, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
We strive to exceed our guests expectations with incomparable hospitality. We make every effort to assure that each and every guest has a wonderful experience, including those with multiple dietary restrictions and requests for special accommodations.

We are sorry that we failed to exceed this guest's expectations.
St Louis MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was our third time at the Fleur-De-Lys and each time has been better than the time before. Jan and Dave put their heart and soul into making every stay special. From the single rose presented to my girlfriend right before she became my fiancee to the picture Jan took of me carrying her into the room on our wedding day to the glass of Champagne and wonderful conversation we shared with Jan and Dave on our first anniversary our stays are always perfect. We are already planning another couple stays in the future and I know they will all be as great if not better than our previous stays.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed at the Fleur-de-lys Mansion for our 16th Wedding Anniversary. Jan and Dave were wonderful in helping my husband plan this surprise for me. They were wonderful hosts and the Fleur-de-lys was beautiful. The breakfasts were delicious and the rest of the accomodations were more than we could ask for. We would highly recommend it.

Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Jan and Dave made it such an enjoyable stay. The highlight was Jan's wonderful cooking, the best breakfast ever!

Hannibal, Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were warmly greeted at the door and given an informative tour of the mansion. The rooms were very private, the beds and linen heavenly, and the spa was very relaxing, Jan and Dave had thought of everything you could want or need for an overnight. We loved the special touches like robes and a towel warmer. We were treated to a gourmet breakfast with time to sit, relax and feel the outside world slip away! Jan is an excellent cook and Dave an excellent host. Their home is beautiful and the restoration done was awesome! We hope to return again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fleur-De-Lys Mansion? Share your experiences!