“Good location - Decent sleeping areas - SMALL Bathrooms !!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End

You added Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4630 Lindell Boulevard, Saint Louis, MO 63108 (Formerly Comfort Inn) (Central West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #56 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Chicago, IL (suburbs)
“Good location - Decent sleeping areas - SMALL Bathrooms !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked this location for its close proximity to the Fox Theater for a concert I was attending. There are certain areas less than a mile from this hotel that you don't really want to venture into but this hotel is off a major road where there is plenty of traffic. I didn't feel any sense of danger while staying here.

I was aware of the status of this hotel being remodeled prior to booking it but I was not expecting the bathrooms to be as small as some of the previous reviewers mentioned. I figured "people exaggerate....it can't be THAT bad" Well......it IS that bad. Holy cow was it small. I'm talking uncomfortably small. It was like being in closet. I'm 6'0" and I had to duck while trying to look in the mirror. I get that this is an old historic hotel and only so much can be done during a remodel but WOW. Good luck if you're claustrophobic.

The sleeping area was of decent size considering the overall dimensions of the room were smaller than one would usually experience at a hotel stay. The bed was comfortable.

The breakfast was your usual Holiday Inn Express fare.

I will say, and this might sound trivial, that I didn't see the need for the $5.00 a day charge for parking, especially since it's NOT disclosed when you book the room and you're surprised with it upon check in....what are you going to say, "No" ? I just drove 5 hours and not have a place to stay ? And it's not like the parking spots are spacious or anything special to warrant a charge to park at a hotel that I'm already paying for.

Aside from the few issues I mentioned, it was an overall decent stay for the 2 days I was there.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Netanya, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were staying for 3 nights. Upon arrival at the hotel we were told we can park either at outside parking places or at gated parking in floor minus 1. Nobody told us a word that this is subject to any fee. Even at check out nobody told me I have to pay something. However, 4 days after check out my debit card was charged $15, which amounts to $5 a day for parking.
On another note - bath rooms are very small. When you stand in the shower you cannot wash yourself without touching the curtains.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
HICWE, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I am so sorry you were not told about the charges. It is something that our Front Desk Team has been told to advise our guests so I will need to inquire with the Team as to why this did not happen. I can understand your frustration if you were not told and charges appear on your credit card expectantly. For that, I do most sincerely apologize. With regard to the bathrooms; a little history about our Hotel and this particular building. This building is on the National Trust for Historic Preservation! It was actually the first “motel” built in St. Louis. When undergoing renovations, it becomes difficult with things that are allowed and not allowed. In order to maintain the integrity of the building, we were not allowed to restriction some of the areas in the room – one of the key rooms – the bathroom. While some may think of it as being small, after leaning the history, it now becomes “quaint.” Wouldn’t you agree? I find it very cool to think that we are on a landmark in our beautiful City but I can understand others may not share that opinion. I hope that when you are back in St. Louis, you’ll stay with us again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the weekend of April 10, 2015. We had a great overall experience.

We checked in on Friday night and the front desk attendant John was very polite and helpful. Saturday the gal watching the front (Started with a "V" sorry I forgot your name) was very helpful. We did not have a refrigerator or hair dryer. She was able to locate these items. Another employee who happened to be named, John, brought the refrigerator to our room in a timely manner.

The gall at the front desk (again I apologize I forgot her name but it started with an "A") was very helpful. We checked out and had to leave our luggage until our departure time. She made sure it was safe and sound until we left for our departure.

The only reason I don't give this five stars is for the room. The room has been remodeled but it is an older building. Consequently it was small. The bathroom only had a shower. For me this is what i chose to use anyway but some people like baths. Also, I am 5'2 and there was not a lot of head room in the shower for me so somebody taller would have a difficult time.

I do however give the bed 5 Stars!! It was a very comfortable bed. So comfortable that it was the first time in months that my back has not given me pain. I like it so much I decided to find a similar bed for my house to see if it helps my back!

The location is very nice. It is close to the St. Louis Chess Club, great restaurants and the park. It is about a 40 minute walk to the Zoo and lots of other stuff in the park. We also were close to the metro and did not need a car as we either walked or took the train from the airport. We also took the metro to the St. Louis Arch.

It was a great weekend in St. Louis. Thanks for your southern hospitality.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
HICWE, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis - Central West End. I am very happy to hear that the front desk staff was so helpful and nice. It seems our location was perfect for you since it's so close to Forest Park and the Metrolink. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great central spot with close proximity of shops, bars and restaurants in a safe neighbouthoud in St Louis. a beautiful parkk and free zoo nearby very suitable for a run, also good breakfast buffet in the morning..

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
HICWE, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis – Central West End. I’m glad to hear the location of the hotel was so beneficial for your traveling needs. It seems you were able to look around the neighborhood and find that we are close to many shops, bars, and restaurants and that we are close to Forest Park where the Zoo is located. Also, we love to hear good reviews on our complimentary hot breakfast! We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.
KC MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

Great Hotel set in a beautiful part of Old St Louis. Hotel easy to find. Clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. Was a little disappointed that there was no fridge or microwave. Was traveling alone and did not want to eat out alone at did not want to go out to eat late on Friday and Sat nights. Other wise was very satisfied.

Room Tip: Chavifetz Arena is just down the same street less than 2 miles. Nice restraunts and shopping just...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis – Central West End. I’m happy to hear the staff was friendly and helpful. We have refrigerators available based on request and availability and there is always a microwave in the lobby for our guests. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.
Petersburg PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

I could not get into my hotel downtown a day early so I looked for an alternative. I didn't know anything about St Louis but the reviews were good for this hotel and it was close to Forest Park that looked interesting. I took the train from the airport and walked a few blocks to the hotel. It was unassuming from the outside but the staff inside really impressed me right away. Friendly and helpful. The room was fine as well. As a single woman I felt comfortable out on the evening alone. Enjoyed the zoo and park nearby as well.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis – Central West End. I’m glad that you chose us as an alternative hotel in the area and that the staff impressed you during your stay. Our hotel is close to the Zoo, Forest Park, many bars and restaurants, and a short walk from the MetroLink. I’m happy to hear our hotel was in a good location for you. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

We landed a super deal with IHG points and stayed two nights. This hotel is an excellent location near great dining, Barnes Hospital, Forest Park, etc. It is a refurbished older hotel. It has low ceilings in the bathroom. Since we are a short family, it worked ok for us. If you are a tall family - I think you would be uncomfortable in the room we stayed. A couple of small things that bugged me - no bathroom fan ( it got very steamy in there) - The water from the shower leaked onto the carpet just outside the bathroom and was constantly wet. We actually had a nice experience here, it is a very basic hotel with no extras, but for the frugal minded it is great. The room was fairly small, but adequate.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
HICWE, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis – Central West End. I’m glad to hear you had a nice experience even with a few of the issues you had. Please keep us in mind if you are ever in the area and would like to be in a great location. We hope to see you again so we can have another chance to provide you with an exceptional experience.

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End? Share your experiences!