“A Proper Cup of Tea!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of London Tea Room

London Tea Room
3128 Morgan Ford Road, Frnt, Saint Louis, MO 63116 (Downtown)
314-241-6556
Neighborhood: Downtown
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Proper Cup of Tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We used to live across the street from the London Tea Room and we were anxious to revisit while on a recent trip back to St. Louis. We walked in to find that now they have table service, so no more standing in line, but everything else is still the same...meaning a great selection of teas, pastries, quiche, sandwiches, salads, etc., as well as a full espresso service.

We came for breakfast, so our order included the sausage breakfast sandwich, a slice of quiche, a slice of lemon/blueberry cake, a slice of pumpkin gooey butter cake and a pot of assam tea. Okay...so maybe it was brunch! It would be hard to pick our favorite of the four food items...they were all simply "yum"!!!!

You can stop in for a cup of tea or a full blown English afternoon tea event....or anything in between. This little restaurant was started by two London-ishers so I'm assuming it's pretty authentic. Authentic or not, this is one of our favorite morning places to sip great tea, watch people on Washington Avenue and simply enjoy.

• Visited September 2012

96% Recommend
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Cream tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was a bit of a walk from our hotel but well worth it. Scones were wonderful and choice of teas mindboggling (Queen of Hearts was a winner). Definitely worth a visit.

Visited June 2012
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Refreshing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I'm a loose leaf tea person who was in St. Louis visiting from Chicago, and I found this place online and was soooo glad I came in. My mom and I enjoyed the colorful atmosphere, the fresh iced teas, and the delicious desserts. We loved the blueberry lemon cake and the victorian sandwich. We've both traveled to London, and we're excited about the prospect of eating anything a little more "authentic." Loved it! Next time we are in town, we will definitely come back. There's a downtown trolley stop a block from the place, and it's basically across the street from the city museum. What more could you ask for?

• Visited May 2012
Springfield, IL
“Will go back again and again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The London Tea Room is amazing. The hot teas are great. The iced teas are great. (My fave iced tea was their Blueberry Rooibos, and my honey's favorite hot tea was a kind of oolong tea) We went on a Saturday, after lunch hours were over, and just had tea & a slice of their Lemon Blueberry cake. The cake was WONDERFUL. We were so happy with the place, we went back again Sunday, and had more tea, MORE Lemon Blueberry cake, and we also got lunch there. We tried the brocolli & cheese soup, which was good, and a sandwich. The best thing we ate though, was their strawberry salad. INCREDIBLE. Hands down best salad I've ever eaten. The dressing, strawberries, & pecans tasted great, and the honey goat cheese melts in your mouth! We plan to go back every time we are in STL from now on! The London Tea Room is the real deal. :)

• Visited February 2012
Topeka, Kansas
“A refreshing and joyous experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I will come here every time I visit St. Louis! Simply the best tea you can find, the strawberry salad is orgasmic! The sandwiches are alright but not the best item you can get but good quality food. Scones with devonshire cream WOW!
Service was good, thankfully I did not irritate the staff with my giddiness or silly questions and was guided very well on my tea selections to bring home as well as proper brewing methods. I learned a lot, ate a lot, had a great time!
Free wifi available.
I really had a great time. We have "afternoon tea" which consisted of a three tiered plate tray with scones, pastries (three kinds), and sandwiches (three kinds). We each choose the tea we wanted and they brought a full pot for each of us. They also brought out devonshire cream and preserves for the scones or anything else we wanted to slather this wonderful stuff on top of!
When you order the afternoon tea you get to use their bone china in an assortment of patterns which is a lovely addition.
Be sure to make reservations for the afternoon tea and check out the website.

• Visited February 2012