“Refreshing experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of London Tea Room

London Tea Room
3128 Morgan Ford Road, Frnt, Saint Louis, MO 63116 (Downtown)
314-241-6556
Neighborhood: Downtown
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Refreshing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I'm a loose leaf tea person who was in St. Louis visiting from Chicago, and I found this place online and was soooo glad I came in. My mom and I enjoyed the colorful atmosphere, the fresh iced teas, and the delicious desserts. We loved the blueberry lemon cake and the victorian sandwich. We've both traveled to London, and we're excited about the prospect of eating anything a little more "authentic." Loved it! Next time we are in town, we will definitely come back. There's a downtown trolley stop a block from the place, and it's basically across the street from the city museum. What more could you ask for?

• Visited May 2012

Springfield, IL
“Will go back again and again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The London Tea Room is amazing. The hot teas are great. The iced teas are great. (My fave iced tea was their Blueberry Rooibos, and my honey's favorite hot tea was a kind of oolong tea) We went on a Saturday, after lunch hours were over, and just had tea & a slice of their Lemon Blueberry cake. The cake was WONDERFUL. We were so happy with the place, we went back again Sunday, and had more tea, MORE Lemon Blueberry cake, and we also got lunch there. We tried the brocolli & cheese soup, which was good, and a sandwich. The best thing we ate though, was their strawberry salad. INCREDIBLE. Hands down best salad I've ever eaten. The dressing, strawberries, & pecans tasted great, and the honey goat cheese melts in your mouth! We plan to go back every time we are in STL from now on! The London Tea Room is the real deal. :)

• Visited February 2012
Topeka, Kansas
“A refreshing and joyous experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I will come here every time I visit St. Louis! Simply the best tea you can find, the strawberry salad is orgasmic! The sandwiches are alright but not the best item you can get but good quality food. Scones with devonshire cream WOW!
Service was good, thankfully I did not irritate the staff with my giddiness or silly questions and was guided very well on my tea selections to bring home as well as proper brewing methods. I learned a lot, ate a lot, had a great time!
Free wifi available.
I really had a great time. We have "afternoon tea" which consisted of a three tiered plate tray with scones, pastries (three kinds), and sandwiches (three kinds). We each choose the tea we wanted and they brought a full pot for each of us. They also brought out devonshire cream and preserves for the scones or anything else we wanted to slather this wonderful stuff on top of!
When you order the afternoon tea you get to use their bone china in an assortment of patterns which is a lovely addition.
Be sure to make reservations for the afternoon tea and check out the website.

• Visited February 2012
st. louis, missouri
“Good tea, good lunch and shopping too”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Order at the counter and the food comes to your table. They have a wide selection of teas but other drinks as well. Lunch is good, especially quiche and they have great desserts.

Glenview, Illinois
“Just outside Downtown, so easy to park. Good scones & wide tea selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Nice place for tea or lunch. Well made sandwiches. Nothing fancy in the setting. Order at the counter and food brought out. Not mass produced or out of a bag. Can also eat outside (weather permitting). My wife "collects" high teas around the world and she definitely enjoyed this one

• Visited September 2011