As you know the Residence Inns provide a room with a kitchen and a living room area. I walked into my room and it wasn't as clean as everyone mentions. There was trash from the previous guest in the kitchen trash bin. The carpet under the sink in the bathroom had obviously been missed by the vacumn. The clock in the room had been unplugged and needed resetting. I am a pretty smart person, but there were no instructions on how to reset the time. A nice young man came to help set the clock, and even he had an issue. The phone in the bedroom was stuck, so that when you picked up the receiver, it wouldn't give you a dial tone unless you messed with the handle. I was concerned that my wake up call wouldn't come through. I had the front desk call the room to make sure the call would come through. This hotel is NOT within walking distance of anything and is in a bad neighborhood. They do provide a shuttle service to local restuarants, almost 20 of them, and will pick you up prior to 10:30 p.m. They offer food onsite Monday through Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. I personally would appreciate the food service at 5:30 p.m. They have vending machines for purchase of microwavable meals and drinks. The staff was very accomodating and polite. Overall a good place to stay. I would just recommend a bit more attention to the room operations and cleanliness. Oh...one more thing, you can open the windows a bit, which allows in some fresh air!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the difference at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Louis Downtown. As the first and only extended stay hotel in downtown, we combine the conveniences of home with the services of a hotel. Wonderfully different and tastefully designed, you will have the option of choosing accommodations from our three various suite types ~ studio, one, and two-bedroom. With our versatile suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, you will have plenty of space for entertaining or meeting with colleagues; and space to work efficiently and comfortably. Experience the difference at Residence Inn by enjoying all of the complimentary extras we offer; deluxe breakfast buffet, evening social hour, high speed internet access, grocery shopping service, and exercise room. With our convenient downtown location, you will be just minutes away from all of the excitement happening in Downtown St. Louis Riverfront-Arch, St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Washington Avenue, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown Hotel Saint Louis
- Residence Inn Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Residence Inn