When you walk into the lobby of this hotel, you are greeted very warmly and made to feel welcome. The desk staff is very efficient and check in is a breeze. There is a "store" behind the desk where you can purchase frozen food items, ice cream, candies, cookies, etc. for heating in your room. My room consisted of a living room/kitchen combination, a bedroom with 2 queen beds, and very large bathroom complete with blow drier and iron/ironing board. Of course, the usual shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion are all there as well as very soft, fluffy towels. The kitchen is fully equipped and comes with paper towels, cloth napkins and placemats, and dishwasher detergent. The living area has a sofa bed, desk and work chair, lounge chair, coffee table, and chest with 42" TV. Bedroom had 2 extremely comfortable queen beds, chest of drawers, another 42" TV and a clock radio with jack for your I-pod. A hot cooked breakfast is standard with your room and there is ample seating for the whole hotel. The breakfast has an assortment of breads and muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes, 3 types of juice, coffee, waffles (with a huge assortment of toppings), assortment of cereals, fruit, and yogurts and some of the nicest, friendliest breakfast staff I have ever encountered. And, if you're lucky enough to be there Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, dinner is served. The night I was there was there, dinner consisted of hamburgers (both regular and vegetarian), hot dogs, and bar-b-que pork. There was also mexican corn, potato chips, and potato salad as well as all the trimmings for the hamburgers & hot dogs. Not only did they have an assortment of soft drinks, you could also have beer and white or red wine and Zinfendel. It was delicious and all of this is included in the rate. They also provide a free shuttle service to anywhere within a three (3) mile radius of the hotel. This would include the Cardinals stadium.....
There were several children at this hotel but you wouldn't know it unless you saw them in the dining room. All the children I encountered were very well behaved and you didn't hear them running up and down the hallways. I know they also have a pool as well as a fitness and business center - I didn't use any of these but did see the signs for them.
Parking is only $10.00 per night which is a bargain for the downtown area. The hotel is fenced with wrought iron fencing and, I understand, is security patroled - although I wasn't out at night. The only drawback I could find with this hotel is that there isn't anywhere close by (here again, I didn't search real hard) where you could go for dinner, certainly not anywhere you could walk.
However, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. You could see the arch in the distance, and I passed the zoo on the way to the hotel (is just off 64), the Luminere Casino is less than 2 miles away so there is something for everyone around this area.
Family oriented, pet friendly, warm, comfortable, and cozy. What more could you ask for on a business trip. I highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the difference at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Louis Downtown. As the first and only extended stay hotel in downtown, we combine the conveniences of home with the services of a hotel. Wonderfully different and tastefully designed, you will have the option of choosing accommodations from our three various suite types ~ studio, one, and two-bedroom. With our versatile suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, you will have plenty of space for entertaining or meeting with colleagues; and space to work efficiently and comfortably. Experience the difference at Residence Inn by enjoying all of the complimentary extras we offer; deluxe breakfast buffet, evening social hour, high speed internet access, grocery shopping service, and exercise room. With our convenient downtown location, you will be just minutes away from all of the excitement happening in Downtown St. Louis Riverfront-Arch, St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Washington Avenue, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown Hotel Saint Louis
- Residence Inn Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Residence Inn