“Great Decor, Service and Film Selection” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 131 Attractions in Saint Louis
Type: Historic Sites, Theaters & Stadiums
London, United Kingdom
“Great Decor, Service and Film Selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We loved the decor, it's a classic, old-school theatre staffed by friendly people and had a great film selection (we watched Grand Budapest Hotel...I can recommend that too!)

Visited April 2014

St Louis, MO
3 attraction reviews
“Beat the heat - great air conditioning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Small theatre with hard to find movies- clean, great screen and airconditioning. Large selection of snacks, staff helpful.

Visited September 2013
Rolla, Missouri
32 attraction reviews
“Great old theater to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to see a movie at this grand old theater. It is decorated with lots of old movie posters and memorabilia Great concession choices and just a real fun experience to see a movie in a real lively area

Visited June 2013
st louis mo
61 attraction reviews
“Going back in time :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've been to the Tivoli several times in my lifetime. I LOVE that this theater shows movies that you might not get to see on the big screen, usually. But what I love the most is that once you walk through their doors, you feel like you're back in the day of the silver screen. Like maybe when "Gone With The Wind" was originally shown? The owners of the Tivoli display movie memorabilia from the early days of picture shows. The decor is beautiful.

The only thing that I was a little disappointed with this time was that it seems to be not kept up. Like maybe the seats inside the theater room we were in dated back to the 90's? It seemed a little dirty in this room too, not to mention worn.

I will definitely go again. In fact, I brought my daughter and her friends to a midnight movie and I didn't think they were impressed. Just this week, they wanted me to take them to the Tivoli again... I guess they have a new generation of life long customers! lol

This is definitely an movie experience that you won't want to miss if you find yourself in the U City Loop :-)

Visited April 2013
Dayton, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Unique Classic Theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We visited this theater while staying at Moonrise Hotel on the Del Mar loop. We arrived a day early for a wedding and had the evening free and so decided on a whim to visit an opening night showing of an Indy flick out of the UK. Great show, and great theater! With only 3 screens, the other two were playing mainstream movies. We are so glad we decided to visit, as this place had great ambiance. The only minor inconvenience was seat height, but the resolution on the screen was great. Refreshments (I had gelato) were excellent as well.

Visited May 2013