“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is my third time staying at this hotel in the past year. The hotel staff is courteous, the rooms are clean and contemporary. The only thing I don't like is the pillows. They are a little large for my liking but not unreasonably uncomfortable. The best part of this hotel is the lobby which has a really great ambiance with a bar and restaurant.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a quick staycation on a Saturday. Place is clean and in a great location. Most people were friendly I'd say, with the exception of the bartender who acted nice but stood there talking crap on guests attending a wedding at the hotel. A bit off putting. Also the room we had was small,but nice. Our only view was of the office building next door. Overall, one of the better values downtown.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From when I pulled up out front of the hotel the concierge was most helpful and knowledgeable. the front desk was very efficient in checking me in and directing me to my room. Staff where are very eager to answer questions and being very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't give 5 stars often but this one deserves it. Very clean, helpful, friendly staff. Very nice modern decor. Excellent fitness room. Great location, although I didn't want to leave the hotel. Looks like it used to be a bank. Very accommodating.

I did however experience some loud punks in the hallway after midnight for way too long before it was addressed. Also had some fool smoke in the room next to me, which filtered into mine thru the vents. Pathetic when you realize how many have a complete lack of respect and manners. The smoke issue was addressed immediately by relocating me to another room.
All together a good experience. Highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Get a room with a king bed. Better layout, bigger room
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Hotelpirate, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We are honored and delighted by your kind words. I apologize you did experience some inconveniences but pleased they were handled quickly to you satisfaction.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon in St. Louis. Safe travels to you and yours.
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to accommodate me recently as I had a baggage delay issue and gave me directions and made sure I had a taxi that took credit cards so I could shop for supplies. The room I had was great but the lobby and bar area looked a little sterile in design for my tastes so I ate and drank elsewhere even though I had a free breakfast and drink coupon.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large almost suite like.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear GWN1960, Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to your next arrival.
Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here three nights. Two of the three I was awakened by loud parties on my floor (the first night it was two times, once at 1230, then again at 2AM). The second night I went down to the front desk at 1AM - no apology and the woman at the desk looked at me like it was no big deal. Perhaps this location gets a lot of parties and events - I don't know. I would suggest if you want a hotel where you won't be jerked out of bed by people screaming in the middle of the night, stay somewhere else. UPDATE: So when I checked out, the manager on duty said she knew it was a wedding party causing the problems, but they were "unable to contact the leader of the party." Since when is that required ?- the hotel needed to deal with the problem individuals, and they knew who they where because I heard security talking with them. The translation for me is they would rather deal with a few disgruntled guests than confront a wedding (read high-paying) party. As a Hilton gold member, I requested a high floor away from elevators to avoid noise and they put me in the middle of a wedding party. A terrible stay.

There is a Crown Plaza across the street and a Hyatt in the next block if you are looking for other options.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Chris Z, Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. Please accept my sincerest apologies you did not have an enjoyable stay. We want all our guests to feel welcome and cared for and with you we did not deliver to our own expectations of superior service. I understand you have been in contact with another manager here on property to make things right. We truly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this matter with you.
If you would like to speak more about your experience at our hotel you are welcome to contact me direct at mark.sugars@hilton.com or 314.554.7067.
Thank you for your business and we hope to regain your confidence in our hospitality. Safe travels to you and yours.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay at the Hilton for Mardi Gra/Valentines day weekdend. This is our third time staying there and I must say..we do not want to stay anywhere else. From the moment we entered the hotel every person we encountered was very pleasant. John at the front desk was very helpful and his kindness made us feel welcomed. Friday was so cold outside that we just hung out in the lobby and at the bar.
The bartender was very
friendly and made good drinks!
We also had a great experience with housekeeping. We had the same housekeeper all weekend and she introduced herself to us and did a good job at keeping our room tidy.
The only thing that we didnt experience was the food and only because it was Mardi Gra and we wanted bratwurst all weekend..;)
Hilton Downtown at the Arch is a really nice place to stay..great people,good location and the most comfortable beds in town.

• Stayed February 2015
Dear mrsmendes60, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We love being your hotel of choice when visiting St. Louis. Your kind words have placed smiles on all our faces knowing you and your husband had a great time here.
We cannot wait to have you two back!
Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.

Been to Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch? Share your experiences!