“Great hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Cessnock, Australia
“Great hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife son and I stayed for two nights and we were extremely happy with the hotel.Food was good and staff very friendly and helpful. If I am ever in St Louis again I would not hesitate in booking this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I really liked this Hilton
Its housed in a converted bank, so the rooms are unusual (some of them only look out onto an alley) and have muted modern colour schemes (muted greys) - a nice change from the usual beige of US hotel rooms
Public areas are not large but the bar and breakfast restaurant were pretty good (though the restaurant had difficulty coping with a full hotel on NFL game day morning)
Small gym and hot tub
Staff were particularly friendly and helpful!
2 mins walk to the Arch

Room Tip: avoid rooms which overlook the rear alley
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Peckville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is located in an older but absolutely beautiful and well maintained building. The location of this hotel was excellent not only for the purpose of our trip, but also for anyone visiting St. Louis and wanting to see the highlights. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and with the exception of the HVAC unit fan the room was very quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Francis H, Thank you for your review and taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We are delighted you had a good time at the hotel and in St. Louis. We always want our guests like you to feel warm and welcomed.
I shall look into the HVAC unit to best serve you in the future. Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.
Jamestown, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was pleasantly surprised by this property near the famous Arch in St. Louis. Just a couple of blocks from the Arch and its surrounding pathways amenable to joggers and walkers alike. The hotel was once a fashionable bank and retains vault doors and other impressive features of its heritage. As a Hilton Diamond member I received 2 bottles of water, 2 breakfast coupons, and 4 drink coupons for my 2 day stay. The breakfast was continental but a total upgrade was only $5. The drink coupons bought anything up to $8 or could be applied to more expensive selections. The bar food was great and nicely presented.The staff were more than helpful. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The hotel just upgraded the room door security and I found it difficult to get in and out but after a maintenance tech showed me the trick everything was fine.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 201 and on Wednesday morning at 6:00 am a garbage truck made so much ruckus outside...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Russ K, Thank you for your Five Star Review! As seasoned traveler we are honored you took time out of your day to share your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. Thank you for your business and we look forward to the next time we may roll out the red carpet for your arrival. Until then, happy holidays and safe travels to you and yours.
Palatine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Hotel staff - Angel, Diona, Cleo and Saisha. Angel did everything possible to accommodate us and even upgraded our room. Nice clean and comfy rooms. Excellent brunch and bar. Prime location and very close to the Arch, historic buildings, shopping, theatres, etc. We will definitely be back again soon. Overall an A+! If you're going to St. Louis you must stay here.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lou H, Thank you for your Five Star Review and taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel and I am excited to share your wonderful comments about our staff. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to the next time you visit our fair city.
Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.
St. Louis, MO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beginning with John at the Registration Desk and kind valet, we found the downtown St. Louis Hilton just what the doctor ordered for Night 2 on our cross-country road trip moving my daughter from Phoenix to Baltimore. The room and beds were lovely, the water pressure strong, the food delicious, the lobby lively, the views spectacular! I would rate perfect on all counts if room service had not messed up my simple order, but I forgive them because it was 10PM and at the end of their hours.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kathleen G, Thank you for your Five Star Review and taking time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We all have smiles from ear to ear by your kind words especially John.
I apologize for the error with room service. I shall follow up to see what went wrong. Thank you for letting my know.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in St. Louis. Safe travels to you and yours.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here with my family towards the end of my St. Louis trip.

They had an actual bellhop to help with the luggage (something not seen in some neighboring hotels) who was very friendly.

The place was converted from an old office building that gave it a very nice old-school feel.

The best part was when we checked out. We had an early morning flight and when I went to get my rental car from the free parking provided across the street none of the exits were manned and I couldn't leave the building.

I explained the predicament to the night manager- I had a flight to catch that I could NOT rebook and I had to return a rental car to boot.

The manager matter-of-factly told me he would handle the return of my rental car for me and that the taxi ride to the airport was on the house.

Hilton service FTW. I will definitely stay in a Hilton for as long my budget allows.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear StanLTan, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We are humbled by your kind words and pleased you felt welcome and cared for at our beautiful Hilton. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis. Safe travels to you and yours.

Been to Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch? Share your experiences!